Sign in to follow this  
Sansa Phoenix

Random suggestions for fun/realistic things.

I have never really thought the devs looked at this kind of stuff, but I'll bite. Here goes:

1.  Please find some way to prevent the horrible spamming of foundations and pillars on Lawless..... It not only prevents others from building, but creates so much lag, I'm having to move to the opposite side of the island to get away from it, and its only marginally better over there. 

2.  It would be an awesome thing if we could get different variations of windows, doors/doorways and possibly even different textures on each piece, just to be able to be more creative in building.  Having some larger windows (arched would be a plus) and arched doors/doorways, and maybe wood textured pieces for walls, would really be neat. I like the wood textures used on ships when you add walls, so maybe a modified version of that? And how about some actual pieces to build proper docks. THAT would rock! The 'floor' would be planks, more true to what they were made of, while railings would be posts with rope rails. VERY much in need of this. And lamp posts with lamps that burn brighter than the little lanterns, for outdoors. The lanterns are great, and much easier to refill now, just sometimes not bright enough to light up much. You have to put so many of them out and around to light up an area that its almost too much to deal with at times. 

3.  Making the colors appear a bit brighter/less faded or worn would make painting some surfaces worth it. Right now, some colors barely show up at all, or if they do, they don't look like what they are supposed to be. Gold, for example, just looks yellow. White doesn't really show up at all, like on the outside trim of the ships. Maybe turn their saturation up a little so we can actually see them better?

4.  I love most of the new things that will be added on the next mega-update. I would, however, LOVE to see ISO Blackwood be a part of officials as well. Some of us don't plan on playing on a private server, so we'd never get to experience it, and it looks cool as hell! Please consider placing one or two areas of ISO blackwood on officials. Surely it can be done without needing to wipe or move existing islands. 

5.  Can we get the ability to put preserving salts in larders to make the crew's food last longer as well? Nothing worse than watching it spoil so fast. 

6. Some of us would LOVE the ability to grow some berries, along with all of the vegetables. I know you want us to have reason to get out and sail/explore, but the constant need to do so just for the right berries for this recipe or that is nuts. Make the seeds rare, even, if you'd like, but please give us a way to grow them. On the subject of crops.... Can we have crop plots that DON'T look like the ones from Ark? Maybe something a bit more like a real garden. And a little more compact so that you don't need a full acre of land for 10 plots. Would really help. js. 

7. Ships. LOVE them. And I love to build them. Can we get some more aesthetic/functional options in building them? I can't wait for the cargo hangars. Those will help tremendously. How about some storage chests that resemble the ones you see when digging up buried treasure, with the same number of slots. Those are decorative, take up a little less room on ships, and would NOT look just like the ones from Ark. Could even make it a blueprint you get ONLY by digging up treasure from the maps. I'd go for that. (ps, adding the sparkles just for us ladies... We'd LOVE that..) Also, the ability to place them on 'shelves' (I do this with my preserving bags on catwalks on the walls to take up less floor space). This way, in a building on land we can preserve floor space. On a ship... well... just have to set them on the floor. Who cares? they would look MUCH nicer. 

8.  Add a new item: Brazier. Would throw more heat than a campfire, and look much better on a ship. No one in history ever built a firepit on their deck because the hot stones and burning wood would catch your ship on fire. Realistically, a Brazier would make much more sense, and when we're travelling in the colder regions, would keep us warm without blinding us the way a campfire on our deck does. It doesn't have to cook meat any faster than a campfire, and are made entirely of metal. 100 of two metals should do it. Its reasonable, but not super easy to get. Could be unlockable with the stone building tier. Could fuel it with oil for heat and light, and wood for heat and to cook meat. 

9.  More styles of clothing. Or should I say, more styles for us ladies. Not all of us wanna run around looking like the guys lol. Its high-time us girly-girls LOOK like girls. I don't mean dresses either. Just maybe a more feminine version of whats already there. Including skins. 

10.  Weather: How about some actual thunder and lightening to go with the rain at times? Idk... just a thought. Thunderstorms. Darker clouds, thunder, lightening... higher winds that make sailing a bit more interesting... something you can see coming so if you need to anchor you at least have a chance... Cyclones are one thing, but sometimes a good thunderstorm (ONLY, tyvm... I've had enough of cyclones!) would throw in an extra element when sailing. Not bad enough to sink a ship, but at least a good 'light and sound show'. 

And I just want the Devs to know that I CANNOT wait for the Tarot tier to unlock! 

Please give us some idea of what your plans are for it, when we might be seeing it released, and how it would work? There are MANY of us who are really excited to get it!

And for anyone who wants to wax and wane about fixing bugs and all, Keep in mind that I'm on PvE, and that I know of the only thing I see as broken is how much spamming goes on in Lawless regions. So please don't try and belittle me or my suggestions here. These are more for fun, I know, but for a lot of us that goes a long way. Part of the fun of games is having fun things, for looks or for practical reasons. Don't really know of anyone who doesn't like to truly personalize their things, or their toons, and I do know many, MANY, builders who would love more options on officials. I'm one of them.