Sign in to follow this  
Salty Jack

Where to tame Rhino....

I can find plenty of rhinos in the desert biome.... what I cant find is anywhere that rhinos spawn and turnips are able to be grown.

Am I missing a zone or does everyone have to ship in turnips and hope you get that rhino tamed before they spoil ?....

55 minutes ago, Salty Jack said:

I can find plenty of rhinos in the desert biome.... what I cant find is anywhere that rhinos spawn and turnips are able to be grown.

Am I missing a zone or does everyone have to ship in turnips and hope you get that rhino tamed before they spoil ?....

Turnips spawn in Tundra and rhinos spawn in High and Low desert so no biome has both.

K13 has turnip spawn if you want to get your hands on it. And tame in 2x weekend, its much easier to tame high level ones.

www.exploreatlas.co.uk might help you find resources.

We get lots of rhinos on each island in j11 eu pve. 

If u play there, u can come by, use our taming bin (if u need one) and you can ask for turnips too. We import a huge amount of turnips and potatoes from a garden in another grid. because these are the only two seeds, that not grows in j11.

Thanks FORB..... I am on NA PVE.... I will take a look at J11 and see what I like in that zone....

I think it’s weird that you can’t grow somethings favorite food in an area where they are found....

14 hours ago, Salty Jack said:

potatoes work well for rhinos 

2 hours ago, Salty Jack said:

Thanks FORB..... I am on NA PVE.... I will take a look at J11 and see what I like in that zone....

I think it’s weird that you can’t grow somethings favorite food in an area where they are found....

and yes it is odd , lots of rhinos around my base yet i have to go elsewhere to grow their favorite foods

We have farmers who supply us with all that so when we make a run to an island we take it with.  Gota have preserving bags as it greatly increases spoil times.  And like mentioned above, 2x weekends are the time to do it.  Tamed 3 elephants and 1 rhino using only a bear and the proper foods in a 2 hour period.  Easy peasy. 

I used potatoes.  It's by far the simplest option, and works pretty well.  Last weekend, was getting about 8% per feed  on a level 22 rhino

1 hour ago, Salty Jack said:

Potatoes have to be dug up not grown correct ?....

No. You can dig for em or grow some. But they don't grow in desert, where rhinos are.