Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

Captain's Log 29: Brief update & PTR Incoming!

Ahoy Pathfinders!

Today's log will just be a brief update on our current status with our upcoming Mega patch touching on where we are!

:anchor: MAY MEGA UPDATE :anchor:

The team are currently working on wrapping up the patch for internal review and we expect it to enter our QA process later today. Following that, we'll be hitting it hard and barring any fires, we should be in a good state to get the update released onto our new Public Test Realm soon. This means that we're currently planning for the Public Test Realm to be available around the end of next week. As we get closer to the date, we'll be able to provide you with a more specific timeline. So far it's been smooth sailing, and we're on track for our end of the month release date.

For those who have been away at sea, in our last Captain's Log, we covered our most recent Developer Livestream, as well as spoke about the content that's coming in the latest update. If you've not had a chance to watch the stream, you can do so here for some in-game footage of what's to come:

But for those just after the nitty gritty of the patch, here's what you can expect:

• New Cosmetics: Hydra Steering Wheel, Hydra Hide Armour Set, and Cyclops Heavy Armour Set!
  • New Offensive Structure: Torpedo Launcher (and torpedoes!)
  • New Boat Attachment: Cargo Racks!
  • New Cart Attachment: Large Storage Box!
  • New Tool: Fishing Net!
  • New Ballista Ammo Type: Boat Harpoon
  • New Weapon: Spear Gun!
  • New Creature: Olfend
  • New Creature: Giant Tortugar
  • New Level: Ice Dungeon
  • New Weapon: Crossbow
  • New Structure: 3x4 Medium Gates
  • New Structure: Ice Box - a high-insulation box for transporting ice. Has “active” mode that will drain ice but reduce surrounding temperature (reverse fire). Consumes less ice if “indoors”. Extends spoil time of things inside, but greatly extends the storage time of ice. Also has an option to turn ice into water to consume.
  • New Resource: Ice - Must be harvested from cold zones. Decays relatively quickly if not in “insulated” storage. Can be consumed to reduce temperature for a short duration (15s per ice cube, max of 5 mins). Relatively heavy.
  • New Feature: Company-wide map markers
  • New Feat: Instant Hotbar Equip
  • QOL: Structure Weights now displayed on items
  • QOL: Revamped Skill Tree UI (first pass has already made it in!)

With more still to come!

:anchor: latest Patch notes :anchor:

While working on the mega patch, we are still continuing to iterate on the live game. These are the updates that the game has seen since our last Captain's Log.

- Skill UI redesign (first pass, more work to come with it!)
- Fixed misalignment with female first person hand view

v104.55

- Ending Magic Mythos event on Official Servers

v104.52

- Large Cannons not snapped onto Gunports on Servers using bDontRequireLargeCannonsToSnapOnShips=true will now fire correctly.

v104.51

- RMB or Middle Mouse Button will now "drop" a grenade
- Grenade physics tweaked slightly be weightier, damage radius increased 15%, and grenade explosions now move with ships properly
- Stationed NPC's aside from puckle are now properly melee-damageable
- Added server option to allow large cannons to not require snap on ship: 

Game.ini ShooterGameMode bDontRequireLargeCannonsToSnapOnShips=true

- Fixes for cyclops Cloth boots and Kraken Hat not being rewarded
- Switched from Add New Item to Increment Item Quantity for Milk and Wool from Cow and Sheep to prevent being limited to Max Item Quantity if the player had no exiting stacks of the item given.
- Increased max amounts at full yield from 60 to 80 for Cow and 100 to 200 for Sheep.
- Melee Combat, fixing two bugs related to blocking:

Setting traces to use zero instead of complex collision groups on clients so that clients properly see hits
Fixing mistaken/unclear orderings for block determination that led to servers failing to correctly identify and pass along a block if the client-based block didn't succeed (such as in the cases where the client couldn't land a hit due to the collision group)
- Added a "turn off" option to ballista and catapult
- Fixed floating characters on standable tames such as elephants
- Fixed a bug where clients would see characters that had been grapple pulled off tame still move with their tames as if they were mounted resulting in a weird flight-like state.
- Added option to hide the pause menu's Server Info Panel

- Fixed an issue with leatherwing's grab
- Large cannons should now properly snap to all gunports
- Large cannon snaps now require floor/deck underneath
- Nature's touch cooldown now has unique icon
- Coral item now has correct coal-type item category icon
- Reduced Golden Age creature spawns by 60% and increased their respawn interval by a factor of 3
- The extra Water-structure foundation checks now only check against other Water-structures, and do not apply for Settlement Owners
- Item Skins are no longer eliminated when Trading

v104.2

- Hid the unclaim boat button as it's not ready for public release yet
- Fixed an issue where Large Cannons were being destroyed on the destruction of a gunport they were snapped to
- When demolishing a non-ship/core type structures on a non-fully-anchored boat, resources will not be returned to you. This will be indicated to you via the demolish HUD. The boat must be fully anchored to get resources back for non-ship/core type structures.

v104.14

Balance Changes

- Crab can no longer grab crew off stations
- Ship claim time reduced by 5x when a ship is unanchored.
- Large Cannons can now only be placed in gun ports when on ships. Existing Large Cannons that have been placed on decks or ceilings will not be functional and will need to be demolished. 
- Small reduction in Large Cannon damage
- One-time doubling of acquired Discovery Points for all previously existing player profiles
- Players will now get 2 Discovery Points per regular discovery rather than 1
- Quest Discovery Points have also increased by approximately 2x
- Lighthouses will check for nearby enemy players before being able to be successfully placed
- Large Gateways, Gates, and Large walls will check for nearby online players before being able to be placed unless on Settlements during peacetime.
- Core Structures will check for nearby online players before being able to be placed during Combat Phase on Settlements
- Flotsam gold reward gold increased by 20%
- Crew Payment Interval doubled (this means that you'll need to pay them less gold)
- Shipwreck Gold Reward doubled
- Creatures able to be equipped with armour along with Crew are now able to equip gear above common quality.
- Any structure that checks for enemy foundations when placed in water now has a 4x enemy foundation check radius (such as pillars and shipyards)
- There is now a creature specific cooldown on Nature's Touch

QoL Changes
- Increased spoil timer on SotD loot.
- Reduction in Blizzard Sound Effect volume
- Crewmembers will no longer eat Water Jars from the food larder or their inventories
- Transferring materials with a filter on now transfers all children types too. For example, filtering HIDE will transfer Leather, Fur, Hair, etc.
- Transferring items of a higher than base quality will now automatically go into the hotbar space

Bug Fixes
-The Accordion song, “A Mockatoo Once Told Me” will now appropriately apply the buff to players in the area
- Fix to the movement of elevator when manually operated
- Fixed a crash on transition
- Submarine now consumes fuel consistently after crossing a world border
- Kracken should no longer aggro onto ships/players outside of the barrier
- Fixed an issue related to ships transitioning with players when a catapult was used
- Fixed a basing issue which could occur when crabs jumped off ships
- Fixed an issue caused by opening the feats wheel then pressing “i” which caused the mouse cursor to be placed on screen.
- An unraised noose on a ship will no longer cause a player to take damage upon transferring
- Fixed an exploit related to harvesting from crop plots
- Fixed an issue with crop plots unintentionally being able to be stacked
- A player’s bag will no longer spawn above the cave if they die completing the Powerstone quest
- Items inside a loot bag will now register the correct weight
- Fixed a visual bug related to the cloth Cyclops Helmet skin 
- Cannons can no longer be placed right beside another (to address stacking three cannons inside a gun port)
- The sextant compass buff will no longer be removed upon logging out
- Fixed Hydra Spawn on H6
- Cleaned up levels from Mnt_R_PVE and reworked spawns on Cay_H
- Cannonballs will no longer pass through own collision
- Gateways and Gates can no longer be placed in Freeports or Golden Age Ruin servers
- Alloy will now be correctly detected from a resource repair box

Misc
- Settlement Owners on our PvE Networks can no longer set rules on building offensive structures
- Rectified an inconsistency when painting decks and ceilings on ships
- Adjusted the Chest Width slider for females in the character creation screen
- Corrected Hide Cyclops Armour name in BP description

v103.32

- Improved logic for fixes related to items/blueprints changing into Engrams.

v103.31

- Fixed another case where items/blueprints could change into Engrams. 

v103.3

- Fixed a bug which would have caused items/blueprints to change into Engrams. 

v103.2

- Fixed a bug which would have caused items/blueprints to change into Engrams. 

Complete Patch Notes:

:skull: SHOW 'N' TELL #7 :skull:

We loved looking over the entries for Show 'n Tell 7 and we're excited to showcase this collection so you can check out player's creative endeavours and piratey adventures! Feast yer eyes on  th' best o' th' bunch below! 

WINNERS

ATLASGENESIS

I...have no words...this made me laugh. Fantastic editing and shots also. Congratulations, you take first place!

GLOBYTHEOLDPIRATE

large.globytheoldpirate_resize.jpg

Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

OTAWA72

large.otawa72.jpg

Otawa is at it again with stunning composition and quality. 

KNIVET

large.knivet.jpg

This unique perspective on an elephant shrouded in firelight caught our eye.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

ENKI ANNUNAKI

large.21860802_enkiannunaki.jpg

XXVISIONARYXX

large.XXVISIONARY1XX.jpg

:wheel:

Alrighty, that ’s it for this log! Thank you so much for becoming a part of our crew and we can't wait to show all you scallywags, landlubbers, captains, and seadogs what lies ahead!

Happy Sailing,

Grapeshot Games

🦀 For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information 🦀

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

No offense, but how many of the cool upcoming content i can use as a single player ?

Do i have to kill the second Kraken for gaining access to the crossbow ?😉

Wipe because of the double-firepower-glitch ? More or less a MUST in a persistant PVP world.

Maybe you can give veterans a little startup bonus (free levels, no aging.. whatever) to reward their loyality towards Atlas.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

Hey @Dollie or @JatheishI  have two questions::

1. Official servers will go they shutdown to PTR ?
  2. After this new PTR the servers will be wiped or progress in PTR will not be lost ?
Edited by Rising

nah i guess they just ban the players that exploited or do a char wipe, no need for a global wipe.

Resett all charaters over lvl 100 to lvl 70 easy fix
and disabel Guillotine exp 

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, Dully said:

Resett all charaters over lvl 100 to lvl 70 easy fix
and disabel Guillotine exp 

no reset... they should be banned… nothing more and nothing less than that is fair... they did on purpose well knowing what the consequenses was 

• Like 1

lol grats for the top 3 winners not sure about the fourth one :classic_biggrin: ... 

Edited by b0ssndabeat

No new ships but more pointless cosmetics? A naval game with 3 just warships?

This game is a bad joke and the devs seem totally oblivious to it.

15 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

No new ships but more pointless cosmetics? A naval game with 3 just warships?

This game is a bad joke and the devs seem totally oblivious to it.

How many "War ships" will it take to earn your fealty, pray tell? Have you given that notion much thought? Nay, I fear you are bitching just to hear yourself bitch my friend...

Edited by vaylain

22 minutes ago, vaylain said:

How many "War ships" will it take to earn your fealty, pray tell? Have you given that notion much thought? Nay, I fear you are bitching just to hear yourself bitch my friend...

You can defend this game and its bad developers all you want but the Steam Charts prove my point. This game started with 58k peak players now its down to just 11k.

That is no small drop..

the game is in EA and for this the game is in a great point 

yeah more ship types would be great but that is not the importen point of the game

they are going 2 fix (or make them betteR) the see fights and after that more ships would be great

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

You can defend this game and its bad developers all you want but the Steam Charts prove my point. This game started with 58k peak players now its down to just 11k.

That is no small drop..

I agree, I play the game, I can personally see the dwindling numbers. I log in each night to find only four to five players on within any of the seven regions that I have homes and I am hard pressed to find any more than a handful of players while sailing through region to region as well. I know that the last wipe rang loudly as a death knell. I agree with your notion that the game has lost any interest except for those of its most loyal of fans. I just feel that the issues concerning Atlas's demise are far worse off than just a few meager "warships" could resolve.

It is apparent that the DEVs do not actually play this game nor have any vested interest in the time and effort that goes into playing this game. They lack first-hand knowledge of what they create and how it may be a success or failure, short from their own assumptions and feedback from the community. Personally, I feel it is the absence for concern to address the current and most detrimental bugs/glitches within the game that is most troubling.

It is also from the lack of interest to promote more meaningful "Player vs. Player" encounters as skills require a complete redesign and overhaul to become more relevant. The game seems to only promote "Offline" encounters and ship to ship combat but I feel strongly that this game would be at its best and most intriguing if players had more intimate one-on-one combative skills with more depth and diversity for each of the skill trees. Atlas should boast more than just a boring sword strike, arrow or bullet shot, punch, mace swing, a shield slam. It should offer more involved combative disciplines and feats. Allowing players to actually get toe to toe and dual for several fleeting moments in a skillful dance of various strikes, doges, and parries. 

This would greatly enhance the warship encounters as well as it would bring more to the ship boarding aspect when crew fights crew, "mano a mano"...

Edited by vaylain

Not even 15 responses in almost a week. Looks like the entire community also left the forum. I've heard people are fed up with all the decisions and progress from the team. "First its a fun game, now its nothing more then an ARK skin". I sure hope you guys know where you are going with this course you're sailing. 

On 5/21/2019 at 12:03 AM, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Not even 15 responses in almost a week. Looks like the entire community also left the forum. I've heard people are fed up with all the decisions and progress from the team. "First its a fun game, now its nothing more then an ARK skin". I sure hope you guys know where you are going with this course you're sailing. 

It is not surprising in the least why this game is dying and new interest is all but dead. It is an "offline" griefer's wet dream!

Last night I logged in on my Lawless Island on the NA PVP server, to find that my first schooner, I am a solo player,  had been stolen overnight while I was away sleeping or while I was at work. My schooner was within four solid stone walls so that it could not get out. I promptly tried to contest the ship to get it back but the freaking company continued to log inside of the ship to contest it. I tried to hail that company but they would NOT respond to me. So, confused and royally pissed off from being "offline" griefed, I went to get a cannon to blow the mother up but the cannon I had placed down oddly had a 19-minute cool down, which I had never seen before. Before the 19-minute count down had completed, they had arrived outside my walled shipyard with another ship and promptly blew out my gate and then swiftly sailed away with my stolen schooner!

How much of a dick move was that? How hard-up do you have to be to take the time and effort to steal another company's boat instead of just making your own? Why in the hell is this game promoting this kind of B.S. "offline" griefing? There was absolutely nothing I could do as a solo company as I only have like 140 gold to my name and given how freaking much the NPC's cost to maintain, I could not afford an NPC puckle gun defense. There was absolutely no benefit of PVP here only an offline griefing.

I pretty much will be just logging in every night to ensure that my current progress is not lost as I wait to see if the DEVs can revitalize the game but I have pretty much lost any passion for this game anymore. I prefer to play as a solo player since I have very strange working hours and never know when my free-time will be and I have come to distrust other company members as they often time behave erratic or like ignorant children and I dont want to risk losing all of my stuff to a defunct company. I actually enjoy the challenges to go it alone but the only remaining things that seems appealing anymore in this game are very difficult to acquire or maintain as a solo company. So I am in a catch-22.

There are too many unforgivably broken game mechanics left unresolved. The game in its current state simply favors the "offline" griefers and does not promote actual PVP interactions. All of my current interactions and woes have been because of "offline" raiders. At this point, I am not even sure that the DEVs are competent enough to even begin to address them let alone with a satisfactory resolution.

If this is the kind of experience that they intend for their customers then so be it, they can take this game and choke on it!

Pretty fucking stupid and a sad waste of such a potentially monumental game...

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, vaylain said:

It is not surprising in the least why this game is dying and new interest is all but dead. It is an "offline" griefer's wet dream!

Last night I logged in on my Lawless Island on the NA PVP server, to find that my first schooner, I am a solo player,  had been stolen overnight while I was away sleeping or while I was at work. My schooner was within four solid stone walls so that it could not get out. I promptly tried to contest the ship to get it back but the freaking company continued to log inside of the ship to contest it. I tried to hail that company but they would NOT respond to me. So, confused and royally pissed off from being "offline" griefed, I went to get a cannon to blow the mother up but the cannon I had placed down oddly had a 19-minute cool down, which I had never seen before. Before the 19-minute count down had completed, they had arrived outside my walled shipyard with another ship and promptly blew out my gate and then swiftly sailed away with my stolen schooner!

How much of a dick move was that? How hard-up do you have to be to take the time and effort to steal another company's boat instead of just making your own? Why in the hell is this game promoting this kind of B.S. "offline" griefing? There was absolutely nothing I could do as a solo company as I only have like 140 gold to my name and given how freaking much the NPC's cost to maintain, I could not afford an NPC puckle gun defense. There was absolutely no benefit of PVP here only an offline griefing.

I pretty much will be just logging in every night to ensure that my current progress is not lost as I wait to see if the DEVs can revitalize the game but I have pretty much lost any passion for this game anymore. I prefer to play as a solo player since I have very strange working hours and never know when my free-time will be and I have come to distrust other company members as they often time behave erratic or like ignorant children and I dont want to risk losing all of my stuff to a defunct company. I actually enjoy the challenges to go it alone but the only remaining things that seems appealing anymore in this game are very difficult to acquire or maintain as a solo company. So I am in a catch-22.

There are too many unforgivably broken game mechanics left unresolved. The game in its current state simply favors the "offline" griefers and does not promote actual PVP interactions. All of my current interactions and woes have been because of "offline" raiders. At this point, I am not even sure that the DEVs are competent enough to even begin to address them let alone with a satisfactory resolution.

If this is the kind of experience that they intend for their customers then so be it, they can take this game and choke on it!

Pretty fucking stupid and a sad waste of such a potentially monumental game...

as you stated this game has taken too many wrong decisions, they seem unable to understand that what people looks for is progress and stability, to grow up their account and have fun in the process, yet they introduce stupid features as decay timers for ships and buildings (wich for me is a instantaneous: No Go), a feudal lord system (in a pirate game!!!! ROFL), bows with higher DPS than pistols (because fuck logic) Torpedos that have to be shot from a ship because the submarine cant (hilarious isnt it?) a progression system not based on your character rather on your components(so you can easily lose 4 weeks of hardwork in a single disconnection) etc etc etc.. i have long ago quit this joke, i only come here once in a while for the lols but thats pretty much it. My advice?: Move On to other game. Have a nice day.

Its pretty bad.

I totally support Grapeshot for working to make a great game, a fun game.  Wiping servers, making changes when and how they need to be - that's awesome, and it is Early Access - we are just helping test the game, in a sense, and that's solid.  Its what we agreed to.

But, when Grapeshot comes out with strong statements about banning entire companies and alliances if folks abuse known exploits - strong words, that really give folks like me hope that the game is going to be revitalized...

... and then don't keep their word - well, that support dries right up and I agree - best bet at this point is to move along and find a game developer who keeps their promises.  I don't care what that promise is!  But strong words and zero action sum up to one thing... pathetic.

• Like 1