Sign in to follow this  
DannyUK

Alliance chat

Does anyone know if there is some sort of filter on alliance chat box to filter what messages get through? I have a few alliances but when you chat in game others can't see the chat and they wondering what you're talking about.

It would be nice to have some sort of filter on this if there isn't already one available, i've never noticed it though.

It would be nice to have everyone in alliance but some just don't know each other well enough for this and makes it awkward when chatting to people.

• Like 2

I know you do Tol so does Hari :classic_tongue:

Shame they can't fix it, maybe soon hopefully but I'm not a fan of the in game chat system anyway.

Hopefully they can add lots of customization options at some point.  MMO's have complex communication requirements and we need the options to meet them.  At this point I consider this one of the worst ingame text chat setups I've seen.  Its early and has lots of time and room for improvement. 

@Jatheish any chance you can address this topic also please? Is the in game chat something you are looking at or is it on the back burner for now? I just don't like how you can't filter out alliances in chat, other alliance can only see half the chat and wonder what you are talking about.

It would be nice if we could have an upgrade on the chat system also please. 

How moddable is something like this?  Has anyone checked the ini files for chat window settings?  If this could be modded I am sure the community would pick this one up.  I prefer moddable games to give us access to the UI so we can customize it. 

UI/UX elements are on our radar for sure and we have plans to improve the entire experience, however, it isn't at the top of our list of things to tackle at the moment. 

• Like 1