Sign in to follow this  
Aegis

Storm Suggestion

Tornado is a little too annoying, they are spawn everytime when it is raining, i mean storm have rain, but raining does not mean it a storm.

Also i notice that tornado will spawn around the player ships only. why? it will be better if tornado spawn in random location in the sea not just around sailing players, because at the moment, there is no weather forecast system, so there is no way the player knows there is a storm coming and to sail to land before the storm hit, so they will sail straight into tornado without having a chance of going back to land, Brigs and Galleon are hard to turn, so is hard to avoid tornado at all, if the ship just went for a heavy fright and HP is low, the storm will sink it.

also the tornado will spawn too close to land, i was on a brig just sailing out shipyard, because the shipyard need to build in deeper water, so it will need to place in the at the side of the cliff, and that off cause it count as open sea, but that is where we will need to put the large shipyard to prevent the big ship hit the bottom when release and sink it instantly. when i try to park my brig, the storm come and spawn around me which is like only 3 second of swim to shallow water, that is way too close that the tornado should spawn next to land.

Please change that tornado will spawn at random location at the sea or add some sort of weather forecast system, so player will be able to sail around it or get to land before the storm hit, also please change the tornado so that it does not spawn too close shallow water.

Edited by Aegis
forgot to put tags on

Tornado is not that bad for me unless you have a really heavy ship which I try not to do to much.

The mist is problematic though, sometimes it seems to come in 1 after the other but I always stop to play it safe. If you can't handle the tornado and you are not far from land it's best to just pull up quickly as possible and anchor,, that way they stop and wait it out for rain to stop.

I would love them to add more thunder and lightening though, the big crackling of thunder with sheets of lightening in the sky.

for me there is rainy days and there is Stormy days, pretty sure that was a fix months ago. and that you are most unfortunate 😛

51 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

You got a Chance of 33% for tornadoes, when it rains.

Which is absolutely reflective of reality. I know I see tornadoes about a third of the time when it rains...🙄

• Haha 2

it would be nice to have a little bit more time

Atm Rain starts -> 10 Sec later you are sourroundet by tornados 

• Like 1

The whole sailing part turned into an annoying, horribly inaccurate weather simulation. Especially the Zero wind events make no sense. Staring at a completely flat sea while snailing through a sector. Very engaging gameplay. There was a game called Naval Action. See how it worked out for them.

• Like 2

The idea, that there are rain and cloudfields fly over the map like it's real is pretty nice. That u can avoid storms or plan to go out later.

But be honest: would you like to add a hole weather-sim on that game too? Most of the players got issues with lags and low fps during fights or storms now. If u improve these things, these issues will definitely not decrase.

Tornados are hitting anchored ship. Our port is in deep water and we lost few ships like this.

Edited by Emanuel a

Always liked the idea of ONE MASSIVE water spout, than 12 little ones that chase you like chavs after you just withdrew £10 from a cash machine.  You can then crank up it's damage, and it'll be something you REALLY want to not go in to  😜

i want to see fork lightning lighting up the night skies......i want to see sods crawl out the fog but not looking like shitty green snot barnicals...

we need once famous old world pirate galleons and the like to rise from the locker complete with actual skeletons as crew....

make it like potc/sea dogs/age of pirates a bit more and were onto a winner...

when we die we should have a mini game called "escape davey jones locker".....but only when we die at sea like...

with a pirate fantasy game the sky is the limit

get rid of those shitty dragon looking things though...that just ruins muh immershun lol

oh and we need voodoo and hoodoo more in the game...ancient npc tribes we can slaughter  aswell...or trade with

Edited by hurricane moon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hurricane moon said:

oh and we need voodoo and hoodoo more in the game

You forgot shoodoo, youdoo, and doggydoo!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zado said:

it would be nice to have a little bit more time

Atm Rain starts -> 10 Sec later you are sourroundet by tornados 

I don't know how far in advance their simulation determines there is going to be a storm. For all I know it is only 10 seconds, but I suspect it is alot more.

As others have suggested, I would LOVE to have thunder and lightning implemented in game, and not just for show. It could be an advanced tell maybe 60 seconds before rain starts, that could give you a little more time to vector toward safety if you are overloaded or a scaredy cat. I think many players would somewhat ignore it as ambience and just keep sailing, I know I would, except when I am seriously overloaded.

I'd like to have a PvP engagement without a damn storm ruining it.  I went 4 days without engaging another ship because they all ran and I intercepted a galleon last Saturday night.  I was turning to cut it off when the storms started up.  I was surrounded by storms and took a ton of damage.  Lost 4 planks and nearly grounded my damn brig as it was a wall of tornadoes.  Could not see a damn thing. 

The weather in this game does not add to the ambiance.  It does not make the game feel real or draw one into it.  What it does do is piss everyone off and make you want to hurl your computer out the damn window.  I'd be happy if it was removed from the game.  At the worst it needs to be a rare event.  So many fun engagements ruined by this weather.  I am engaged with another human being.  I want my ship build and skill versus them.  I do not want a random event changing all that.  I am getting angry just thinking about it.  UGH!

• Like 2

The storms must cease to be so absurdly often, it must be able to rain a lot of the times and be a LITTLE bit windier without frikkin' hurricanes showing up all the time, that is frankly not only annoying af, but also extremely ridiculous, cause it is so surrealistic that it takes you out of the immersion of the game. I know it says it's supposed to "only" be 33 % of the time or something, but I swear it is more like 70 % of the times I see rain, that I suddenly get 15 cyclones around me....  It is way too unrealistic and also if the devs are hellbent on keeping it this annoying, they should definitely put in a storm warning for a grid at least 5 minutes in advance, so you can park at an island if you're overloaded or just don't wanna deal with these extreme annoyances that are the storm.  A lot of the time I do cargo and I just wanna get to where I am going.... The FOG, the LOW WIND; the SOTDs, the WHALES, etc, are enough!! Do NOT need frikkin' storms on top of that, really...  

Another suggestion I have heard and that I really like, is if it would be possible to make some kind of trading routes for sailing, that are a bit safer so you can maybe go afk for just a minute or so, to have bathroom break or whatever, without having to go through the hassle of parking at an island and backing out/ getting out  again, etc. Either that, or make a pause function of some kind (at least on PVE). It is really, really annoying that it is so hard to get just a small tiny break, when sailing a lot of grids etc...   it is the single most annoying thing in game for me. (And that is saying a lot, since I HATE cobras more than anything, ever... .:p  )