Sign in to follow this  
TrevorJD

Galleon construction: can't place structures due to "Requires nearby foundation supports"

It seems there's a problem with the foundation-chain tracking on ships.

I've built two galleons in the last few days. In both cases, I've not put in all the decks. The combat galleon has 3 or 4 and the cargo galleon has just two (the main deck and the uppermost stern castle deck). In both cases I've had trouble placing ceilings, walls, etc., getting the error "Requires nearby foundation supports", as illustrated with the imgur links below.

I have not tested with putting in the rest of the decks to see if it clears it up as I'm playing on official and don't care to waste the resources.

https://i.imgur.com/de6o08G.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fez2Mki.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/72hlqDE.jpg

Similar issue with me as I tried to build a structure at the front of the ship.

Same issue running 4 decks for transport. Haven't tested front build yet but encountering this just trying to build a ramp from top rear deck to ladder... even with walls placed underneath multiple decks below for support.

Thanks for the report folks, this issue is on our radar.

Posted (edited)

For what it's worth, I was seeing this at practically every edge of my latest Galleon on day 2 of construction. Even things I had originally placed, when removed, couldn't be placed again in the exact same spot.

On a hunch, I added the bottom deck (which wasn't originally present on my designs), and everything could suddenly be placed, even things 7 decks above it with no direct attachment. I still suspect that placeability might decay over time, so I just rushed to finish everything off during the same play session. I intend to delete that bottom deck tonight, and hope that it doesn't cause any collapses (nothing is attached to it).

I suspect that somehow the attach points are optimized on logout, and formerly connected things lose the presence of a supporting structure.

Update edit: Removing the bottom deck fortunately did not cause any collapses, but the problem of placement at fringes returned as soon as it was removed, so if I ever have to place/replace in those spots, I'll have to make another temporary bottom deck. Not optimum, but at least I have a workaround until this issue is fixed.

Edited by Sleepinator2000

im having the same issue.  Build a Galleon using open decks.  Using ceiling tiles to fill in the front part of the ship and Im getting this same message.  Ive I moved around "just right" I can get it go to blue and drop in but you have to be in the perfect spot, and that spot changes from tile to tile.  I've tried to add walls for support but it doesn't seem to matter.

We are currently having this Same issue only we have All the ship decks in and all of them are Whole decks  and still cant place on the front or rear of the Ship

Based on my experiments, you might have temporary success if you can delete your bottom deck and then replace with a new one. That's assuming of course that you don't have much to lose on your bottom deck. I suspect that the problem will return again once you have logged off.