Sign in to follow this  
DannyUK

Recipes and vitamins

I haven't really gone into the recipes before until now but I was under the impression they gave double vitamin boost? I made the bubble n squeak but that only took the yellow one up and not the orange also even though both are below 50%

Am I missing something here, are they supposed to do this as i've not done it before? I was expecting both yellow and orange to go to 50% at least. It was the same when I tried the hot cocoa, it only sent one up as well. Maybe this is a bug or supposed to work this way?

Im skilled cooking and for me its not worth it. 

This bufffoods are nearly useless + like you said, not really any big difference in vitamin managment.

• Like 2

We use Fish & Chips and Pork pies, all 4 vitamins and a lot of food.

I initialy thought the orange bar didn't move but it does, just realy slow compared to the other bars, confirmed by still having the eating buff on screen.

These two foods keep our company well fed and vitamin ballanced at all times - they are also not hard to make and are on the lowest cooking teir.

• Thanks 2

Oh I see well thanks that info, maybe I will have to think about putting points into something else instead of cooking then. I will try the fish n chips and pork pies though to see if it does make a difference.

I think they should change it and boost both equally, I thought that was what it was intended to do, maybe they will change this who knows.

Monarchs cake and pork pie. Both fill up a quarter of your food and levels automatically the vitamins in order to give you the buff.

Foodbuffs are nearly useless actually.

Best buffs are these from music for taming and gold you get from the treasure hunt. They are stacking too, if u play easy, medium and hard songs. (up to +100% taming a.e.)

Right now some foods are brokenly useless, bubble n squeak's one of them - it give you 1 A and like .02 C.

That I remember, all the foods are up down - they give and take their vitamins, so you can't OD on them.

You can fill up all vits (A B C D) on pork pies/beef buns and fish n chips/debbi's pudding.

Cooked foods give far more health regen then regular foods, on average - bubble n squeak gives like 5 or 10 per food if you're hungry.

Drinks and soups are annoying to make, since you need to put water in manually (can't hook up to barrel or reservoir).

Food buffs are either worthless (looking at your sunken head soup), somewhat useful (-25% oxygen consumption from stuffed fish will be nice with a seagull, the feats for oxy and swim & the new underwater spear gun), to fantastic (dragon's tongue = -40% cooldown reduction, spam them feats).

Food also lasts like 6 hours each outside a larder, or infinitely for booze (and the cheapest ale gives you reduction melee damage intake). This can help when deciding to park yourself in the arctic for the mythic weekend, so you don't need to leave for vit C and it's low spoil time even with a few people trying to tame shit.

Food isn't particularly great until you're established but it's also not entirely worthless. You'll find it useful when you drain your food every few seconds on stamina draining feat spamming, instead of eating lots and lots of meat, and on long voyagers (can make stacks of food and forget about food for like a month).

It basically front loads your gathering so you can do more stuff when on the road.

• Like 2

shrunken head soup is probably the most useful food recipe for gathering.... feed it to an elephant... hardly any stamina down time gathering wood

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Remo said:

shrunken head soup is probably the most useful food recipe for gathering.... feed it to an elephant... hardly any stamina down time gathering wood

It is my understanding food doesn't work on tames.

At least, creme brulee and ale doesn't - or else I'd have some sugar addicted drunk ass tigers on my boat.

i use it on elephant all the time definitely works 🙂

icon show on elephant and you can tell stam is waay faster regen, 

you put food in elephant inventory, right click - consume

Edited by Remo
  • Like 1

Great. Now I've got to try the appropriate foods again and see if they make my animals get drunk and shit.

19 hours ago, Remo said:

Whelp, thanks for the advise. Never thought of feeding it to tames.