Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me here. I have a crew on my ship on all cannons. They will not fire the cannons for me. When I press the left / right mouse buttons nothing happens. The button do not even light up blue like the other ones on the top right. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to have a server / game setting for the crew to work the cannons?

I have had a crew on cannons in the past and it works fine but just nothing happening for me now. Cannons are loaded, ammo box is close by. Is this something to do with a patch?

Any help here would be great.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I logged in last night to exactly the same issue.  Tried unseating them, deselecting the groups and reselecting, it's really annoying, hold down left and no aiming lines appear, but select target with right and they fire fine.

Had this happen on 2-3 different occasions, then this morning when I logged back in, it stopped happening.  Maybe a server desync issue or other network issue. 

1 hour ago, lovehousegaming said:

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me here. I have a crew on my ship on all cannons. They will not fire the cannons for me. When I press the left / right mouse buttons nothing happens. The button do not even light up blue like the other ones on the top right. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to have a server / game setting for the crew to work the cannons?

I have had a crew on cannons in the past and it works fine but just nothing happening for me now. Cannons are loaded, ammo box is close by. Is this something to do with a patch?

Any help here would be great.

Thanks.

Large/Ship cannons on the deck/gunports? U need to give us more info.

On the schooner in the gun ports are large and small guns. There are bots and ammunition. I press R, the right ports open, and the left ones do not open. As usual I will break and build again 😡

If the guns and bots do not tweak they work.

If you change the settings, they start shooting at everything or stop working. The system is buggy.

Edited by Konvar

I once had this one (well not with guns but with stern ballistas) but it turned out - I forgot to select right groups : )) 

They are large and small cannons in gunports. 4 small and 2 large in the center. I only built it this week so after patch update that stopped large cannons working.

aye i had this randomly on sunday , sidled the brig up to a schooner sotd , opened the ports and smirked waiting for the volley of death...
and they did nothing...
groups were set up , cannons manned and loaded , within range and broadside on to the target , all cannons in gunports (loving the large cannon ports , makes ship combat feel more real)
so i had to run away
Not tried fighting since as im building atm , but it was very strange

Edited by Derfel

I have seen this off and on throughout development. Mostly occurs for me when a brand new cannon is added to a rack. I can usually solve it by "priming" all the guns with a manual aim and waiting until all the lines appear, and firing a single test salvo.

Also make sure you are NOT in K mode if you are trying to manually fire shots.

Edited by DocHolliday

Can you have large cannons on medium gunports i.e. Brigantine ? Maybe something to do with mixing the cannon as my layout is 2 small cannons, 2 large and then 2 small again on each side. My friend who is also on the server just used small cannons on both sides and it is working fine for him. Only reason I dont want to demolish my large cannons is because they are journeyman cannons 😞

3 hours ago, lovehousegaming said:

Can you have large cannons on medium gunports i.e. Brigantine ? Maybe something to do with mixing the cannon as my layout is 2 small cannons, 2 large and then 2 small again on each side. My friend who is also on the server just used small cannons on both sides and it is working fine for him. Only reason I dont want to demolish my large cannons is because they are journeyman cannons 😞

Cannons fit into gun ports, not large gun ports.

Medium is just the plank size of the gun port, cannons fit in them.

Quick update. I have built another ship and it only has medium cannons on gunports and I still have the same issue. Is it maybe something is settings that I dont have turned on i.e. third party riding ?

Found what the issue was. It was the positioning of the steering wheel. I must have had it to high or something as when I moved it to the deck I can now shoot my cannons.