Sign in to follow this  
seruum

Land owners and traps

Hey guys im a tamer and like to set up traps. Just wondering what land owners think about people who set up traps on their islands. I always use stone and large gateways and keep trap unlocked for all to use. If im not on when decay timer is up would you destroy my public trap or leave it be??? I never builds on resource spawns so i don't see much of a problem.

if the trap is unlocked and not in the way of anything i would leave it alone .. once the 10 day decay timer is up anyone can destroy it though, it doesn't have to be the owner of the island

On our island we demolish every taming bin and single placed bed.

We got a really nice public taming bin and serve all who need some wheat, chili o.e.

If someone asks for building a house there or a settlement, we agree if they ask friendly.

I set up a public taming pen with public smithy and tannery built into it so people can tame without feeling like they have to build a pen. 

I will also say that on occasion I have had to build a pen on another island. If it’s a big island that’s unclaimed I usually leave it. If it’s on an island that someone owned I will usually destroy it, thatch is perfect for this. 

Edited by Meerkat

I destroy pens after I make them when on foreign islands, but also you don't need pens at all.

why areu building pens when billboards work better and are  lot faster to place and remove when done 4 bill boards elephant is trapped and easy to tame small signs for smaller creatures , bola it when its down place 4 boards around it 

Think every Land owner handles that stuff different. We usually ask People if they plan to Stay longer as living on our island or just passed by to get a tame or 2. but usually we demolish them After the People Are People Are done And forgot to destroy them. If they live on our island they can build them of course. But so far People been happy with the Public ones we And our Tannents Build.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:47 AM, Forb Hidden said:

On our island we demolish every taming bin and single placed bed.

We got a really nice public taming bin and serve all who need some wheat, chili o.e.

If someone asks for building a house there or a settlement, we agree if they ask.

Thats why i have a nice little house on your island 🙂

Taming pens we have for free, i think thats normal. We have a lot of new settlers every day. Sometimes just "discovery point leecher", but overall small bases. Actually we never had any reason to demolish a new settlers base (1 time we demolished just a door). 

We have a big harbour, with place for everyone. We offer free tames for rent and free crafting area + some community events. Everybody is welcome. I think people show respect to the land owner, when you do something for them.

BG Anne, ~Taming & Trading Gallery~

• Like 2