Sign in to follow this  
seruum

0.5 quality maps

I own an island and every single map i get for my square is 0.5 quality and worth 14 gold. Every map for another square i pick up is worth normal and varying amounts. This seems to be on all the newly added islands. Why is nobody talking about this??? Wtf am i going to do with 14 gold??? And  every bp you get in it is also common quality. I know for a fact this isn't just my island. I have played since launch i know they should be low gold but they should also be varying quality and gold amounts slightly.

21 minutes ago, seruum said:

I own an island and every single map i get for my square is 0.5 quality and worth 14 gold. Every map for another square i pick up is worth normal and varying amounts. This seems to be on all the newly added islands. Why is nobody talking about this??? Wtf am i going to do with 14 gold??? And  every bp you get in it is also common quality. I know for a fact this isn't just my island. I have played since launch i know they should be low gold but they should also be varying quality and gold amounts slightly.

That sound like a petty big flaw. Even low level chest should give at least ramshackle if they wouldn’t be worth it. This will definitely need changing

Could I get the coordinates to the island you're on?

If you find a treasure bottle on your current grid that gives you a map for that same grid, it'll always be low quality as you won't have to travel far (albeit always finding 0.5 is a bit sus), maps for other grids will of course be higher quality as you'll need to travel further to get them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

If you find a treasure bottle on your current grid that gives you a map for that same grid, it'll always be low quality as you won't have to travel far (albeit always finding 0.5 is a bit sus), maps for other grids will of course be higher quality as you'll need to travel further to get them.

Im at work right now but we are in d10 adamantine refuge. It is the west island  in the centre.

f you find a treasure bottle on your current grid that gives you a map for that same grid, it'll always be low quality as you won't have to travel far (albeit always finding 0.5 is a bit sus), maps for other grids will of course be higher quality as you'll need to travel further to get them.

I, personally, would love to see it completely random! Because right now it makes game very predictable. You get high quality map - you sail half atlas. With totally predictable wind (it slowly rotates clockwise, raising and then cut it's straight) you'll get: 

- Half way with full wind

- Half way with calm. 

- Half way with tail wind. 

- Half way with counter wind.

And it's always the same. During last x2 weekend I was up to my current lvl-cap, and guess what? I spent:

- 20 minutes for my voyage preparation.

- Around 10 minuntes for 1st treasure.

- Around 5 minutes for 2nd treasure

- Around 15 minutes for 3rd really high treasure (my bear had her hard days during last one).

50 minutes of actually playing.

- Around 9 hours of pure sailing. 9 hours of watching the ocean and occasionally pressing few buttons. With so exited game experience like that - I guess we need 2nd display so we could watch some tv-series or do something else : ))

We own a island in eu pve j11. We got nearly 9/10 maps with 0,5 lvl. For us it seems normal since the patch who implanted these bottles. 

After three weeks we had some visitors from a far away grid and they were all stunned as they saw these maps. They never saw one and first won't believe it. 

Can it be possible, that there's a adjust-thing for our grid with a comma in the wrong position or something like that?

And make them more worthful. A shipwreck gives you pretty fast ~ 100 gold or more. So why should I use doubled time to hunt these maps? A treasure should have in every case and way in minimum 100g inside.

I rarely see maps that bad.  Most maps are around 1-3 quality with green and blues mixed in.  Masterwork is a rare treat as it should be.  If every single map is .5 then yeah like Jat said that sounds like an issue.  Make a few runs today if possible and post exact locations of the map spawns per the link he showed you and post back.  They can check it out and fix it. 

I've seen .5's in Freeports, which, makes sense for newer folk.

On 5/13/2019 at 11:30 PM, Jatheish said:

From what I noticed, this is pretty recent, I used to always get at least 1.3+ (maps worth at least 80 gold) quality for maps within my region, but since one of the latest patches, every single map I find for the region I'm in is 0.5 quality, 17 gold.