Sign in to follow this  
Emanuel a

Give gold to NPC is almost a job

Heck you could even make the pay rate for said structures high so as to create a sort of gold sink.

Could also have a harvest speed setting. Lowest setting collects slower, longer to fill, less gold an hour. Highest setting ramps up production but costs much more. Would fill up faster so would need to empty more often.

Also neat ideas above. 

I like the idea of having "mines" like Shadowbane.  Capture it and you get a rare resource for building high end gear. 

Ideas for Atlas.

1.  Each zone has at least 1 "mine" that has separate ownership than the island owner.  Maybe 1 per island?   Up to debate. 

EDIT:  Now that I think about it this should be in a power stone grid.  Make it a small island off the main island.  Cannot build structures.  This should promote some wicked naval PvP if its needed to build the high end gear.

2.  These "mines" have biome specific resources available to mine/harvest.  Company who owns mine picks which resource from the available list.  The mine gives the chosen resource once per hour at a server set rate.  Maybe this can change with skills, structure upgrades, etc.  Resources are automatically deposited at nearest company owned tax bank.  I can already see people surrounding mines to make it damn near impossible to access.  Maybe make the mine a small island just off shore that cannot be captured.  This should promote more naval warfare. 

3. Daily timer this is "mine" can be captured.  How this is captured can be a skill based capture, anyone can, whatever.  Debatable.  Whoever owns the mine at the end of the capture window owns it until the next widows/capture.  If nobody changes ownership via capture it stays with previous company owner.

4.  Make the resources rare enough that people would fight over them daily.  Spread them out so if you need a specific resource you have to go get it. 

5.  Add them to the map with details on resources available and capture widow. 

6.  Make these a requirement for only the best Mythic blueprints.  Want a cannon that does 2005+ damage?  Its going to take mined resources to build along with all the other ones. 

The whole point of this is to make it more difficult to build end game content and force everyone to fight over those resources.   I think it was pretty successful in promoting PvP in Shadowbane on a nightly basis.  If you make the capture mechanic easy to flip to your company this promotes smaller companies and even solos to get involved as they can sneak in during the fighting and capture the mine as the timer runs out.  I've seen it happen plenty of times and have done it myself a few times.  Its a good rush when 40 other people are fighting and you sneak in for the ninja cap. 

Edited by DocHolliday

I manage the larders and gold for nearly 400 NPCs for our islands defenses - I do agree, this is a LOT of work but I do it more effectively by creating a spread-sheet as well as a map to show others where the bunkers are that need to be maintained. 

I'm so thankful they made NPC's consume less - but it would still be nice to see some added features - like knowing how many NPC's are within reach of my resource boxes/larders - I would also love to be notified from a DISTANCE if there is a mutiny timer. 

It would be nice to see food last a bit longer - but I'm content at the moment with our massive change that happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myrmidon said:

Heck you could even make the pay rate for said structures high so as to create a sort of gold sink.

I Like this idea, I Will rather sail around for gold than checking a excel spreadsheet. Im sick of that. If this building you mention increased the gold cost of NPC 10% if you have 25 to 50 NPCs, 20% 50 to 100 NPC per island not per grid and something like 30% if you have more than 100 or 200 don't know. To give small tribes that have limited members to cover all areas an prevent giving more power to megas. You have more people sailing gold if they dont want to feed and give gold to all the crew.

It would be optional to have this building if you have  over 1000 NPC in a tile because you have a lot of islands, it will be optional to have the building, not mandatory to have one, this will help more tribes with one islands than tribes that have 5 islands in the same grid and more NPCs. Because in theory if they are mega, they hace a lot of people to do it.

More people in the seas farming gold = more fun.

Edited by Emanuel a

On 5/13/2019 at 10:32 PM, Jatheish said:

Can confirm the crew will take gold from resource boxes outside of boats too. We've had some suggestions such as allowing gold to be siphoned from claim flags to pay crew, something we're still on the fence about at the moment.

Not the flag but a separate building like the tax bank