Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

lighter ships should be faster and more agile Why is the largest ship with full speed sails the fastest ship in the game?

22 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Light doesn't mean fast.

At least this was the way in old Russian pirate game (called Corsairs). There were around 25-30 ships in the game all separated to 6 classes. From smallest 6th to huge linen ships 1ts class. And guess what? The fastest ship was actually in the middle. If I remember it right - it was 3rd class and ship called "Corvette". This one was pretty well armed and incredibly fast.

pic4.jpg

(I personally wish to see this one in a game. 10 gunports and fast travel. This one was my favorite in Corsairs)

To think about it. It's not just about size and weight. It's about compromise between size, weigh and rig (sails equipment). Most efficient compromise must be somewhere in the middle. Because lighter boats have weaker sails, and heavier - just to heavy : )

Damn that game still around? might be worth trying a real pirate game.

Ok here is the answer : The largest ship is the he fastest, because only mega tribes can affort it, only mega tribes and streamers receive attention from the devs. Why ? Because devs think, that megas and „influencers“ will bring customers.

Clear ? Unfortunately this is not true. Propaganda of casual players who recommend Atlas to their friends will bring new customers.

Believe me or die.

48 minutes ago, Talono said:

Ok here is the answer : The largest ship is the he fastest, because only mega tribes can affort it, only mega tribes and streamers receive attention from the devs. Why ? Because devs think, that megas and „influencers“ will bring customers.

Clear ? Unfortunately this is not true. Propaganda of casual players who recommend Atlas to their friends will bring new customers.

Believe me or die.

This is the biggest nonsense from you so far 😉