Sign in to follow this  
Reonhato

increasing ease of max levels gives players more health + medkits makes guns worse

Basically as the titles says. As peoples levels get higher and higher guns are becoming less and less effective. It already takes 3-4 headshots to kill most players in plate, which makes any competent person impossible to kill from a distance. By the time large groups of players start getting level 100+ guns are going to be useless.

17 hours ago, Reonhato said:

Basically as the titles says. As peoples levels get higher and higher guns are becoming less and less effective. It already takes 3-4 headshots to kill most players in plate, which makes any competent person impossible to kill from a distance. By the time large groups of players start getting level 100+ guns are going to be useless.

People are getting better quality guns too.

Edited by Willard

23 hours ago, Reonhato said:

True.

Lvl 80s with huge health pools and ascended flak make guns even more useless. In ark we could 3 shot anyone with ascended snipers because some of us could land 3 consecutive hits on target. Tested the 150 carbine on blue flak headshot, it does NOT one shot 200+ health. Not even close. Devs really hate guns I see. Plus, only zerg admins have the luxury of having lucky reload perk, others have to do with utility perks, unless they respec to oblivion, which is boring af.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:36 AM, Reonhato said:

I agree here. I feel that reaching the highest tier (bottom) in the skill trees should require a greater investment in skill points and those advanced skills should have more impact on the game. This would eradicate the "Jack-of-all-trades" meta Atlas currently has right now and allows for a larger diversity in skill specializations and ultimately a more unique meta. This also would mean that players would bring more value to the table when they interview for a position within a company as each player could specialize in different aspects, bearing more weight in their unique abilities.

That sniper that invested heavily into the highest tiers of their skill tree should offer greater damage and precision in their sniping abilities, effectively offsetting the base armor and hitpoints of most players because they have honed their art and sacrificed considerably in many of the other aspects of specialization.

As it stands right now in Atlas, I do not feel very original. I feel more like a cookie cutter character that has pretty much the same skills that many of the other players have chosen as most players tend to gravitate towards building a "jack-of-all-trades" kind of spec to be more viable. Most players try to get to Stone in construction, have a weapon specialty, place points into the basics, advanced tools, enough to unlock the bow and possibly ziplines, lower tiers of armor, basics in cannons, and maybe even the grappling hook from the piracy tree. What Atlas really needs is to make our skills have a greater impact on the game and cost more, preventing players from getting to the bottoms of several skill trees as we all increase in our levels...

Edited by vaylain

1 hour ago, vaylain said:

This also would mean that players would bring more value to the table when they interview for a position within a company as each player could specialize in different aspects, bearing more weight in their unique abilities.

Wait what? Is this a thing? An interview for an online clan? Lol, id say gfys if anyone wanted to "interview" me. Lol. Its not a job.

2 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Wait what? Is this a thing? An interview for an online clan? Lol, id say gfys if anyone wanted to "interview" me. Lol. Its not a job.

The "interview" term was just a ONE-word way to describe the process of trying to get recruited with a company. Typically, a company leader would have a few questions to ask from you or the largest companies tend to direct you to an online form to fill out before they decide on accepting you into their company and that would constitute as an interview, wouldn't you say?

Edited by vaylain

5 hours ago, gnihar said:

True.

Lvl 80s with huge health pools and ascended flak make guns even more useless. In ark we could 3 shot anyone with ascended snipers because some of us could land 3 consecutive hits on target. Tested the 150 carbine on blue flak headshot, it does NOT one shot 200+ health. Not even close. Devs really hate guns I see. Plus, only zerg admins have the luxury of having lucky reload perk, others have to do with utility perks, unless they respec to oblivion, which is boring af.

The game would certainly suck if the typical meta was getting one-shotted from ranged attacks. That would be cheesy. I can understand being sniped in the head while wearing a hide or less helm, but certainly not while wearing a heavy, cumbersome metal helm and after investing a significant amount of attribute points into hit points.

Do you typically see bows or any melee weapons being able to one-shot higher level players, wearing plate mail, and considerable points pumped into HP?

Edited by vaylain