Knar

Accordian song macro creation tool!

Have you created an accordian but don't have the ability to play it? Check out my Autohotkey song macro tool: http://delayatlas.com/songmaker

All you have to do is install Autohotkey, create your song, copy the text to a text editor and save the text with the .ahk extension like "mysong.ahk". Double click the file and press F12 or whatever toggle key you chose, and your character will start playing the song! The toggle key will pause/unpause the script.

For example, this is the Lazytown You Are a Pirate song: r--r--gdsa--rrrrdrgiii--rrrrdrgdsa--a--g-hg-r---

• Like 12
  • Thanks 12

Can you do one that supports two notes at once (or more) and also swapping octaves using 1/2/3 keys? That would be amazing and you could play some super advanced stuff.

• Like 2

Here's the full pirates of the carribean song:

"sd-d-dfg-g-ghf-f-dssd---sd-d-dfg-g-ghf-f-dsd----sd-d-dgh-h-hji-i-jhjd--dfg-g-h-jd--dgf-f-gdf----sd-d-dfg-g-ghf-f-dssd---sd-d-dfg-g-ghf-f-dsd----sd-d-dgh-h-hji-i-jhjd--dfg-g-h-jd--fgf-f-dsd-d-f-g-g-h-j---gdj-----i---gda-----i---d-e-----j-j-j-ij----h-h-h-hj----j-j-j-ij----h-g-f-d---dfg---hjh-g-f-g-h-j-h---ghj---hgf-g-f-d---fsd---dfg---fgh-g-h-j-h-g-d---dfg-h-j-i-d-h-g--hg-d--fs-j-----i-----j-j-j-jh----h-----g-----f-g-f-fd--dfgj--dfgi--dfgj-j-i-jh-----h-----g----f-g-f-d----     "

On 12/26/2018 at 9:00 PM, Bisbois said:

Can you do one that supports two notes at once (or more) and also swapping octaves using 1/2/3 keys? That would be amazing and you could play some super advanced stuff.

The octaves move too slow to be reliable. You need like 2 seconds between octave changes before the notes take hold. If I can come up with a clever way to do multiple notes I might do it, this was just a quick hack though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Knar said:

Here's the full pirates of the carribean song:

"sd-d-dfg-g-ghf-f-dssd---sd-d-dfg-g-ghf-f-dsd----sd-d-dgh-h-hji-i-jhjd--dfg-g-h-jd--dgf-f-gdf----sd-d-dfg-g-ghf-f-dssd---sd-d-dfg-g-ghf-f-dsd----sd-d-dgh-h-hji-i-jhjd--dfg-g-h-jd--fgf-f-dsd-d-f-g-g-h-j---gdj-----i---gda-----i---d-e-----j-j-j-ij----h-h-h-hj----j-j-j-ij----h-g-f-d---dfg---hjh-g-f-g-h-j-h---ghj---hgf-g-f-d---fsd---dfg---fgh-g-h-j-h-g-d---dfg-h-j-i-d-h-g--hg-d--fs-j-----i-----j-j-j-jh----h-----g-----f-g-f-fd--dfgj--dfgi--dfgj-j-i-jh-----h-----g----f-g-f-d----     "

The octaves move too slow to be reliable. You need like 2 seconds between octave changes before the notes take hold. If I can come up with a clever way to do multiple notes I might do it, this was just a quick hack though.

Ah, thank you for sharing and thank you for the reply!

• Like 1

Love this idea, because it is one of the more interesting parts of the game.  Reminds me of Lotro.

I have tested some with putting 1 / 2 / 3 into the script and it works pretty flawlessly, you can even change octaves WHILE holding the note.  

What we need now is a midi abc converter for Atlas.  Would be MUCH simpler than the midi abc converter for LotRO was.  Can't wait for the more technically inclined lot to crack that vault of endless fun open.

I was waiting for this, to spruce up those long voyages! i'm so using this!

Edited by Yazza

I added a play/pause button to preview songs, should make it a bit easier to make songs. I also fixed the hotkey, so you can actually specify your toggle key.

I haven't written out any other songs and I didn't save the ones in the video, but if I do I'll post them here.

Edited by Knar

I also just added a crappy little piano at the top of the page.

• Thanks 1

this is fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the sound better than from the game atlas i hope some of the creation from the game will see that this is the sound that i will like in the game!!!!!!!!

Hey fellas, I first off want to thank Knar for the incredible tool you have created, its really inspired me. So much that i took it upon myself to attempt a remake of your Celine Dion "my heart will go on" Accordion theme and post it up on this page. 

"rgh---u-r-g-i--ui-s---i--r-a-----r--rr-r-d-r---r-d-r---g-h---g---r--rr-r-d-r---d-s-------a-------r------g-----a-i---u-hg----h-u-h---g--rd-r---r-d-r---g-h---g---r------"

There is another fella on here that has me very interested in his or her ideas. --Necromyrez-- If i could get my hands on an example script you have that works fairly decent at bridging octaves I bet i could really slam some super cool stuff up on this page for everyone to enjoy. Im also looking for something to get some drums going as well. Any good ideas would be much appreciated. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

To bad they do not support ABC format, LOTRO did that and there were full on multipart concerts in-game.

Never heard of ABC format, I'll see if it's something I can easily implement.

12 hours ago, Saberene said:

There is another fella on here that has me very interested in his or her ideas. --Necromyrez-- If i could get my hands on an example script you have that works fairly decent at bridging octaves I bet i could really slam some super cool stuff up on this page for everyone to enjoy. Im also looking for something to get some drums going as well. Any good ideas would be much appreciated. 

You can put any letter/number you want into the song bar and it will hit that key, so you can just stick a 1  2 or 3 in the song to change octaves. You should be able to make drum macros, unless it requires spacebar.

Genial pouvez vous faire une video tuto pour mettre en place avec autohokey s'il vous plait merci

Well i tried to put the numbers in the compiler which was very unsuccessful at 100 delay,  which i need to be able to play faster notes. Was a total fail on my part. The accordion in game has some delay on keystroke or something. Anyway winds up missing the octave change. Also if anyone has noticed we get less keys in practice mode than we do in actual Songs that we can obtain. When mods are released i would like to see that extended. Also Im going to take a stab at modifying the current songs we have to whatever we want to hear lol. 

Ok.. I got it figured out. Im going to try uploading the compiled version you will still have to run it through autokey With the way i had to "code" the song I cant just send what to compile because the way its done cant be compiled through Knars compiler unfortunately I had to do it myself which wasn't that hard just figuring it out took a little time. 

Here i present you My version of Coldplays - The scientist Thescientist.ahk.txt

Also notice the example includes switching octaves effectively and accurately i even tested it at 50ms and it works flawlessly. 

Edited by Saberene
Quoted myself and had to remove it.
  • Thanks 1