Sign in to follow this  
Grizz87

Transport Galleon

Anyone got a Galleon design to build for cargo? Something thats very light weight.

57 minutes ago, Grizz87 said:

Anyone got a Galleon design to build for cargo? Something thats very light weight.

Skip all the decks u can and put 6 speed sails there 😉 thats basically it. No platforms, no ceilings to decks (except of the top deck).

• Like 1

pvp or pve server? If its pve i would go with just bottom and top decks, a ramp to go from the bottom to the top, another ramp to access the back ladder, and a 3x2x1 room for storage containers, just behind the steering wheel. Its pretty ugly and a pain in the ass to repair some of the planks, but it's functional if u want to have room for cargo. 

Don't worry about spending 500 - 1000 of weight to make it look good.

Mine is 7500 - 8000 empty. 3 decks - bottom, middle for moving about the ship and top for aft-castle / work room.

Designed for ease of tame transport, can easily hold 4-5 elephants or other large tames and over a dozen bears or meduim tames in the hold - on lowest deck.

fore-castle for beds and kit storage, aft-castle has a full workshop and balcony for Wheel, and a forge under the ramp, convert some metal to ingots for weight saving when collecting metals.

• Like 1

We use a build with 3 decks + Elephant and Rhino fit under deck.

If you want i can send you screenshots later

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

What do you put in stats after lvl up?

if you're not planning to stay and take damage.... few points in resistance, for security, and weight weight weight 😄        we have crew so, some accommodation can help to reduce overheads (and helps speed up repair when anchored).

We use our 'exploration galleon' for all long haul missions.   We have animal deck and it has LOADS of weight for resources.   With the new cargo update, that's awesome for us.

• Thanks 1

I would say only weight. You dont need to avoid sotds fleets, because galleon can easy tank a lot of shoots and you can ram sotds out of the way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

I would say only weight. You dont need to avoid sotds fleets, because galleon can easy tank a lot of shoots and you can ram sotds out of the way. 

Yea no need for resistance if you get shot it's likely spread over many planks and they each have 12k hp for common. Plus carrying a few extra planks takes the worry out of things.

Mine has bottom and top deck. I have a bridge crossing from the front to the back of the top deck. I only have stairs for me to get up and down. I put the animals on follow to get them on lower deck (helps if you have the ability to use command tire 3). As I have only a bridge between the front and rear of top deck it means even the giraffe can travel below deck (Their heads stick out of the gaps Ive left by the side of the bridge). 

Im currently experimenting with 4 speed and 2 weight sails and its not to bad though others may have better ideas but as I said its an experiment.

I'd say consider some masterwork panels for stern and bow as they really come in handy in ramming ships and close combat, with some chasers on rear.  300-400 cballs. top mini deck and forward deck, main deck underit, bottom deck if you feel the need a ramp down 2 wide for your bears etc to keep them out of the way.  Some decent walls/ceilings to make a small forward ship chest room.  Then you can just haul an elly onto deck, unload, jump off, grind, unload etc straight into ships chest.  Smithy next to it. Maybe a small chest for spare planks/decks. And carry 3-4 k of fiber, thatch and wood, 400 metal or so for repairs.  The remaining 12k or so for cargo.

I prefer 2 handling sails and 4 speed, it's abit slower overall.  But abit more agile.  Handy if you come across shallows with no warning.

Edited by Martyn

200% resist, 5 additional beds and all the rest in weight. Got also 25 cannons manned. Still get 20k weight free with vanilla stats. 

With this setup I can easy sink some sotd on my way. Makes travelling lot more fun 😁

1 hour ago, Forb Hidden said:

200% resist, 5 additional beds and all the rest in weight. Got also 25 cannons manned. Still get 20k weight free with vanilla stats. 

With this setup I can easy sink some sotd on my way. Makes travelling lot more fun 😁

But why 200% resist?? Little scared Forbileinchen. 😄

We had a brig with 125% and we got no dmg in kraken fight.

For me resistance is the weakest part of all "Skilltrees".

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

But why 200% resist?? Little scared Forbileinchen. 😄

We had a brig with 125% and we got no dmg in kraken fight.

For me resistance is the weakest part of all "Skilltrees".

how successful was that fight, annieleinchen? 😝

No with 200% I'm fine. I don't have to avoid sotd's - just drive thru. And yeah: just need half of the resources to repair after a fight is pretty nice on a galleon. 

But the system allows you to skill as you want. With my settings I feel pretty safe, especially when I travel around alone.

I was also thinking of building a galleon for cargo and tames only, no cannons as I don't intend to stop and fight.

Does anyone have any screenshots at how to build them? I know you miss certain floors out to fit tames in but I am useless at doing it without a picture of some kind to see it. I would assume it's more weight sails and some speed sails?

i made some sceenshots from my transportship

39900 Weight  at this time

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974901730/screenshots/?appid=834910&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

10 screenshots from my galleon, i dont save much weight  on my ship builds , i like  nice ships   and good funktionality , so i have allways  reserve planks on  board some sails and steerwheels ... and a full workshop, so i can build up  outposts far away! Up to 10 bigger animals  like elephants are no problem on deck. if i want transport larger amounts of wood can i save much weight  with transporting in Elephants.

• Thanks 1

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1747450385

Aft-castle and wheel deck on highest deck (full), railings and triangle ceilings just because I like the look.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1747450631

Mid deck and for-castle, loading ramps need to be placed before planks (1/2 wall, ½ stair & ceiling.) I always put a for-castle so passengers can stand and look forward, also houses the beds.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1747450745

Main lower deck, ample room for multiple large animals can fit 2 of each, elephant, rhino and giraffe who’s head is lower than wheel deck.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1747450831

Under loading ramp is forge and also space for 8-10 medium animals, bears, bulls, horses etc.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1747450518

Aft-castle / workroom.

• Thanks 4

TBH doesnt really matter much, i did a weight check as i was building my gal and decks came out at 34kg each and ceiling walls ect were at 2kg each so all 6 decks is under 200kg and 100 ceiling whatever at 200kg, planks add 95% of the base weight, so basically 1 lvl up in weight covers almost all cosmetic weight of the gal, and weight sails are just not worth it over all your gal is slower with anything else than speed sails , and a weight sail only kicks in at 80% + weight with only margenal gains, anything above 60 to 70% weight in pvp and your dead meat , and at 80%+ weight your so slow its better doing 2 trips even over long distance.

better off farming a high level ship yard to gain extra levels for the gal.

check these sail analysis videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0271uiVgvQ&t=623s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dR8lXkTiHY

Edited by Remo
  • Like 2

I designed our Galleon with an Open Top Deck for larger tames and Rear Garage area for bears and smaller animals, then I blew out the lower middle deck and made the Bottom Deck a pure crafting and storage area from about mid-ship forward.  Turns out that with that missing middle deck if you leave anything smaller then a Rhino on follow and run downstairs they end up teleporting to the lower deck with you making it really easy to unload everything into the resource chest.  I also have a couple hatches directly over the resource chest so when unloading the rhino or elephant you can just fill your inventory and drop down the hatch to the chest.