Sign in to follow this  
Remo Williams

Excessive Resources Used

When I drop anchor, my boat uses an unusually large amount of resources in the first few minutes. For example I logged in, moved my boat do a different part of our island (5 minutes at sea) and dropped anchor. Immediately my NPC used 40 metal. This is happening on both my Brig, and Schooner.  I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My company mates dont have the issue. The only thing I could even speculate on is my item placement inside the ship causing issues?

When you anchor ship, your free crew (not on sails/cannons) will sweep (repair) the ship. If you happen to have gotten your planks down by a bit sailing (ships degrade while in use), they will repair the ship. Minimum 1 of each resources, so 40 planks = 40 metal.

Not saying this is causing it but it seems your most likely culprit, if they drop by over 50-100~ they get auto repaired, under that you might find planks at like 5998 out of 6000 (I often find these, find a few at like 5984 out of 6000).

3 minutes ago, gadefence said:

When you anchor ship, your free crew (not on sails/cannons) will sweep (repair) the ship. If you happen to have gotten your planks down by a bit sailing (ships degrade while in use), they will repair the ship. Minimum 1 of each resources, so 40 planks = 40 metal.

Not saying this is causing it but it seems your most likely culprit, if they drop by over 50-100~ they get auto repaired, under that you might find planks at like 5998 out of 6000 (I often find these, find a few at like 5984 out of 6000).

Thanks. Just seemed excessive to me but that makes sense.  Its just annoyance, nothing more.