Papito

Looking for Kraken Tips

Looking tips for fighting Kraken, easy and hard mode.

Biggest issue we have are the electric spheres and the lightning tentacles. 

We had one instance when the Kraken pushed us out of center we were hit immediately with the electric tentacle. There was no way to avoid to this at all.

We play on private server so we are not pulling in 100 people for this fight, Lucky to get 5 boats.

The spheres only do damage if they hit metal things (cannons, ballistas, etc it's like 3k+). The planks only take like 200 dmg from them.

The tentacle's electric is 100% avoidable. When you do a pass you will get pushed directly out of the kraken when the damage hits it's threshold (basically every 20%) if you don't line your boat up to hit a tentacle on the way out you risk getting zapped. I only manual fire for this fight because the NPC think time is too long imo.

5 boats is plenty. I would recommend 1 galley and 4 brigs. The brigs kill the tentacles the galley does the passes on the head. The reason for this is brigs can turn and get to the tentacles quick and the galley can hammer some serious damage onto that head.

Here is a video of clone doing 2.0 like a champ.

~Lotus

• Like 2

Before kraken battle reset to hp only, use cloth with hp and torpor boost. It  helps even you will hit by lightning.  I survive after 3 lighting in a row. Food for fast hp regeneration also helps. I recommend to get high lvl crew and boost hp for them too. 126 lvl crew with 500+ hp survive always.