Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Why to claim a settlement island ? (PvP)

What is the advantage ? Ok, my ships will be sunk only 15 hours each day instead of 24 hous... not a big benefit. I lose more ships with the protection than without in lawless.

From my feeling i pay more gold for the upkeep than i receive from taxing treasure hunters, would you agree ?

The ressource taxes i dont really need. I am targeted by griefers much more than when i lived in lawless.

So tell me, why do i need to own a settlement ? Any good reason why i should keep the settlement and not go back to lawless ?

You have that backwards.. combat period is only 9 hours and peace is 15 hours. So you only have 9 hours of the day where your ships can be sunk when anchored on your island.

5 hours ago, Talono said:

What is the advantage ? Ok, my ships will be sunk only 15 hours each day instead of 24 hous... not a big benefit. I lose more ships with the protection than without in lawless.

From my feeling i pay more gold for the upkeep than i receive from taxing treasure hunters, would you agree ?

The ressource taxes i dont really need. I am targeted by griefers much more than when i lived in lawless.

So tell me, why do i need to own a settlement ? Any good reason why i should keep the settlement and not go back to lawless ?

I agree with point 2) and 3). Point 1) - Peace phase is 15 hours, not 9 hours. So basically you want to claim an island if you want that 15 hours protection. If you are able to be online 24/7 then lawless may be better. 

7 hours ago, Talono said:

Claimed an island from day 0, did not have 1 ship sunk yet on my home soil.

I admit it was hard for a small group before, now with x2 gold being a thing i can farm 10k just from nearby maps, and with crew double as cheap as it was before, it is actually manageable.

10k from just an hour or two of grind plus many settlers in my island enjoying my low taxes making that ammount last for over a week.

With cleverly put combat phase when no one in EU would attack, you can have eternal peace onan island, like me, and only go to raid lawless and other claim to worry about.

Edited by gnihar

Well, if this is the case, why are there so many islands free to claim on official PVP servers ?

I scouted many, there are huge fortresses on these islands, but the owning companies seem to have left their settlement. Their buildings are all intact and ready to plunder with 1 foundation and 1 cannon. Even ships are anchored but not have been touched by pirates.

If i want to destroy another player then the 15 hours peace time can not save his assets and ships, definitly not.

The old claim system was better by far.

1 hour ago, Talono said:

Well, if this is the case, why are there so many islands free to claim on official PVP servers ?

I scouted many, there are huge fortresses on these islands, but the owning companies seem to have left their settlement. Their buildings are all intact and ready to plunder with 1 foundation and 1 cannon. Even ships are anchored but not have been touched by pirates.

If i want to destroy another player then the 15 hours peace time can not save his assets and ships, definitly not.

The old claim system was better by far.

1) Its not truth there is a lot of unclaimed islands. There are several across the map. These islands are mostly low on resources or simply too costly for their usefullness.

2) Its politics too. You don't want to claim island on sectors where alliances are already made or aggresive company is settled.

3) After initial weeks of post-wipe pvp there are alliances. Some companies were wiped off their Settlement and they moved to their allies Settlements to be stronger together.

4) No, 9 hours are not enough to destroy someone if he knows what to do. We've been under attack of 2 megacompanies and yet we still stand, both base and ships after 3 fulltime raids.

• Like 1