Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Atlas dead ? (Feels empty)

Anyone still playing it ? On my lawless island there were a few players on start, now i am alone, the bases of the others i can demolish. Even my ships, which were sunk a few times on server start are completely safe  When i press „m“ either i am alone in my grit or maybe just one other player is around. And this at the weekend !

A lot of claim islands are free, i fact, if you can affort it there is no problem to become a landlord.

Its a pitty for such a beautiful game....

Edited by Talono

30 minutes ago, Talono said:

Anyone still playing it ? On my lawless island there were a few players on start, now i am alone, the bases of the others i can demolish. Even my ships, which were sunk a few times on server start are completely safe  When i press „m“ either i am alone in my grit or maybe just one other player is around. And this at the weekend !

A lot of claim islands are free, i fact, if you can affort it there is no problem to become a landlord.

it still has 10k on weekends, it was 12k after wipe, 10k is pretty solid playerbase.

16 minutes ago, Willard said:

it still has 10k on weekends, it was 12k after wipe, 10k is pretty solid playerbase.

average of 6k-7k which isnt exactly great considering they are spread over unofficial and NA PVP, PVE / EU PVP ,PVE with a peak of just under 10 k in the past 24hrs 

Then look at individual servers eu pve  1400 - 1800 max at peak, not a lot of player per grid , so yes it does feel very empty  

lets see what happens when they start releasing new dungeons etc 

Edited by UDO

I wouldn't play on an Official server if I was paid to do so.  The game has some problems I admit, but that doesn't stop me playing.  The main reason Official feels empty is that the game attracts too many asshats who just like to spend their time griefing people.  On Unofficial they get kicked out, and the game is all the better for it.

2 hours ago, Talono said:

If only steam gave us access to player activity data so your question could be easily answered just by checking the game’s page there...😏

Edited by boomervoncannon

1 hour ago, Coggage said:

I wouldn't play on an Official server if I was paid to do so.  The game has some problems I admit, but that doesn't stop me playing.  The main reason Official feels empty is that the game attracts too many asshats who just like to spend their time griefing people.  On Unofficial they get kicked out, and the game is all the better for it.

This is one of the things that really bugs me about Atlas’s conceptual design at a base level. At least two core MMO mechanics, crafting and economy, require large player bases that can interact with each other in a single world to work properly, to say nothing of the prospect of large scale pvp fleet battles. In Ark I not only disdained official servers for the same reasons you do here plus access to Ark’s wealth of mods, but I ran and maintained a 4 server cluster community of unofficials because I found them vastly preferable to officials.

With Atlas however, I found myself scratching my head from the outset that the devs would even allow private servers for an MMO attempting to sell itself as a vast game world with over 700 islands and potential for empire building. These things seemed inherently contradictory from the word go and it led me to question whether the devs understood MMO design at a core level. Unfortunately I have seen little in the four plus months since to convince me otherwise. To be fair they seem to be attempting something groundbreaking by melding MMO with survival, but based on where we are now I am not at all sure these two genres lend themselves to being merged or that such a concept holds much appeal for many gamers.

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

This is one of the things that really bugs me about Atlas’s conceptual design at a base level. At least two core MMO mechanics, crafting and economy, require large player bases that can interact with each other in a single world to work properly, to say nothing of the prospect of large scale pvp fleet battles. In Ark I not only disdained official servers for the same reasons you do here plus access to Ark’s wealth of mods, but I ran and maintained a 4 server cluster community of unofficials because I found them vastly preferable to officials.

With Atlas however, I found myself scratching my head from the outset that the devs would even allow private servers for an MMO attempting to sell itself as a vast game world with over 700 islands and potential for empire building. These things seemed inherently contradictory from the word go and it led me to question whether the devs understood MMO design at a core level. Unfortunately I have seen little in the four plus months since to convince me otherwise. To be fair they seem to be attempting something groundbreaking by melding MMO with survival, but based on where we are now I am not at all sure these two genres lend themselves to being merged or that such a concept holds much appeal for many gamers.

Yeah they aren’t making an mmo in my opinion but I have been saying that since the beginning. Bugs me when people on here(not you) say “the devs already said they aren’t concerned about numbers right now”. Well first off that is stupid to say when they are making an “mmo” and second just because someone says they are worried about something doesn’t mean the problem is gone or that people should use that statement as everything is fine.

luckily I am sure there will be a big rush during co sole release so I will experience a full world. I am sure if they keep going down the same road co sole population will be just like pc. The good thing is I don’t have to see a lot of people to have fun. I am a builder so I will he build island sized bases whether there is 100k or 1k. 

one thing is for sure the numbers are showing the devs are going on the wrong direction. They know from ark how to raise the playerbase. They need to start doing it.