Sign in to follow this  
WInslow

Forged in Fire

Trying to account for growth space since I've got free time, but how is this logical. 

I'm in Western Tropics (D7) and during the day, with a heat wave, it gets to 57C. That's pretty hot, but at night it drops to a respectful 12C or if it's raining maybe 5-10. In this case though with it being 12, this is just absurd. Sure I'm still going to do it because the stats on this little gal are pretty great, but for real. The temperature range should be softened in the animal's native zone. This is the offspring of a 44 and 41 elephant.

Being by the parent should provide some insulation, and being in their native zone should allow for an expansion on the comfortable range for babies. That, or we should be able to use the loom to make them a dang blanket.

fire.jpg

Dibs on the roasted elephant prime rib. I bet it’s deliciously supple.

Btw that screen shot is brilliant for the way it shows the absurdity of present breeding mechanics as they relate to temp. Sometimes a picture is worth far more than 1000 words and all you need. Wouldn’t you agree @Jatheish ?

Edited by boomervoncannon

7 hours ago, WInslow said:

Trying to account for growth space since I've got free time, but how is this logical. 

I'm in Western Tropics (D7) and during the day, with a heat wave, it gets to 57C. That's pretty hot, but at night it drops to a respectful 12C or if it's raining maybe 5-10. In this case though with it being 12, this is just absurd. Sure I'm still going to do it because the stats on this little gal are pretty great, but for real. The temperature range should be softened in the animal's native zone. This is the offspring of a 44 and 41 elephant.

Being by the parent should provide some insulation, and being in their native zone should allow for an expansion on the comfortable range for babies. That, or we should be able to use the loom to make them a dang blanket.

fire.jpg

Are you cremating that poor thing? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Flame roasting.

Looks more like incinerating

Edited by Realist

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Looks more like incinerating

Hope not. If the OP wastes perfectly good elephant ribs by overlooking them I’ll be annoyed.

*Listens for the sound of Hindus sharpening their knives at the suggestion he eats elephant meat.*

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Hope not. If the OP wastes perfectly good elephant ribs by overlooking them I’ll be annoyed.

*Listens for the sound of Hindus sharpening their knives at the suggestion he eats elephant meat.*

I think you are safe, if this was around the tome of Atlantis I don’t think Hinduism was around yet. Torpedoes smh

10 hours ago, WInslow said:

She's at 22%, happily warm.

Well then you are raising a demon. Sleep with one eye open 

• Like 1

My darling baby girl. 
So far, at wild 49, 

1057 max health
462 stamina
166.3% melee damage
2310 weight

I worry about her lungs @Jatheish

more_fire.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WInslow said:

My darling baby girl. 
So far, at wild 49, 

1057 max health
462 stamina
166.3% melee damage
2310 weight

I worry about her lungs @Jatheish

more_fire.jpg

Nice stats man.

• Like 1

My further recommendation to make this process less of a shit show. 

Increase campire, grill and cooking pot heat radius. This can allow for better overlapping of heat, and also increase the heat output. Right now I am maintaining 11 campfires around the elephant in the tropics to avoid being cold. There is the rare occasion where it dips below 12c and she'll have the cold debuff. She is rarely getting the hot debuff during the day, so we're able to just let her do her own thing in that hot house and just keep tabs on food. 

In a 4 x 4 square, I can see it as reasonable to maintain 4 fires (in each corner) with enough radiating heat to give a 10-15c boost.

Or you could remove the temperature mechanic in their native zones because otherwise how would there be any animals ever.

stillmorefire.jpg

We are planning to make some changes for this coming mega patch, so the fires of mount doom may not be as necessary 😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We are planning to make some changes for this coming mega patch, so the fires of mount doom may not be as necessary 😬

The temperature thing wouldn't be so bad if the damage they took from heat / cold didn't scale faster than the creatures hit points increased, so they are more likely to die the more mature they become.

Edited by Jack Shandy

16 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Thank the maker!  I have avoided breeding because of all the horror stories I have heard in my company.  Doesn't seem worth the headache. 

Edited by DocHolliday

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Thank the maker!  I have avoided breeding because of all the horror stories I have heard in my company.  Doesn't seem worth the headache. 

Same here. I would really like to do this but, not like it is now.

We missed 3 rounds of imprinting because the member who claimed her had work commitments this weekend. 63% is still pretty great for our first elephant, and the health & melee damage are just W O W.

stats.jpg