Dragoon14th

Land claim and the noob

Problem: Ok so perhap there is alot of us or just happens.... But the thing i For any starting Group now ARE Royalty FUCKED.  So i did some math here... IT takes a max of 15 clanmember to take over an island.   correct me if im wrong here 15 players  X 700 island = 10500 player.   So this mean if a MEGA SUPER MEGA tribe of 10500. or more can Take over an entire server.   Or let break this down 

10500/15... that 1 per clan per island.    If that clan only has 15 members. and no alliance.  IF a new group were to start now there would be no room... oh and I forgot to take out Lawless and freeport...  Let see... Im not gonna do anymore math but this mean that About 7000ish or less will have a land to use And what are the rest of the player gonna do about it... they cant.   Because there is no land to build shipyard  to progress into the game... you know building up a pirate aramada.   that mean that 33,000 player per server will be useless fodder for 7000 player that has a land claim.   

Solution.  A:  Limit claim flags by clan 1-3 in respective by 50 per member in a clan.   but 150+++ is only 3 land claimed.   Thus Force a choice on clan where they want to settle.   And allow internal battle on an island or more alliances. 

Solution B:   Allow islands to be claim Place preset claim flag in a way that lets user claim part of the island  SO an island would have A B C as a preset and while protecting that its allow some room for other player to place a base unclaimed to form up an army and attack.  Think of it like a foot hold for an attack.   And must be there to defend. 

IF you devs are STUPID to realized that you just made a Non material cost Pillar spam that Plaque Most servers.  TO have freedom is to lose freedom.   To have Controlled freedom is to have a balanced happy medium.   Ive been saying this for decades now ... A controlled Land claim is MUCH better then a Unrestricted land claim because at the end of the day you want player to play... If there is no one to contest with then you will lose FAR more player even with those that own every land claim will get bored because there no pvp action... no one has resource to play with.  To contest land claim should be hard but it shouldnt force Players to have to resort to such tatic.   This isnt about 'Get good' as much as it is preserving land availability to others so that we can play and test.    

In fact on my private server Conan exiles.  We have controlled land claim and everyone is happy.   We had some salty players but Rules are in place for a reason and that is to protect Certain Clan from overtaking everything and allowing other new players to come in and have fun.   At this rate you wont have any new player to come in because it will be all be claim and no more can play.  This new claim contesting is not going to work i guanteed that it will create more problem then its worth. 

• Like 2

I don't generally agree with the limit claims to 1-3 generally because a lot of newer players will build over resources that they don't know are there, this has been seen in Ark and games like this numerous times.

And I think we can do a lot better than just adding arbitrary limitations where we can create a more complex system that allows for a much better interaction between companies. 

Solution C : Build out the alliance portion of the game so that deals can be made and flags can be made "claimable" so that land can be claimed and bases built without resources of an island being impacted.  Add in the ability to negotiate tax on the already claimed land so that smaller groups can come and go from the farming area without having to lose all of their resources.  

This can obviously be built out more but since we are in EA why not try to get something better than "You can only have 1" and then everyone who ever sees the island you are on tries to have their 1 and then there are no resources to harvest anymore.

I totally get what you are saying that the beauty of it.   In a perfect world that would be the ideal but the process May be different for pvp and pve.  Like for Pvp my idea would do good because As resource compete.   you increase the likely hood of Player vs player action so there will be a form of competition.  What im merely doing is allowing better form of it ... with better single island interaction.   As the Island itself require a healthy doses of player management and building. We see this all the time in real life.   

I do agree with your idea for PVE but for PVP i dont think but all solution are better then current way of life.   Im up for any solution at this point Its already day 3 and Land claim frustration is already here.   lol.   

PVP is likely going to need a much more complex system regardless, but for PVE it could be as simple as "Allow Building" option being added to a claimed area and then negotiation the tax on that 1 claim flag.  Which I get wouldn't be super simple to implement on the dev end but wouldn't require a ton of rules regarding war and things like that.