Sign in to follow this  
travis843

Recent cannon changes

I really dislike the changes. No cannons on the back of the ship as a solo player player is insane. Thanks for making it near impossible to kill ships of the Damned. This is my final straw and enough to make me stop playing the game. I am a PVE player as well. You seem to Nerf everything in your game that makes life easier. It is near impossible to do a Power Stone Quest solo and I thought solo players were promised that the game would be made better for them. So peace out and keep your garbage game and lose a lot more players than you have. I can guarantee you've lost more players than you gained just by the stupid changes. The server speak for themselves.

6 hours ago, travis843 said:

I really dislike the changes. No cannons on the back of the ship as a solo player player is insane. Thanks for making it near impossible to kill ships of the Damned. This is my final straw and enough to make me stop playing the game. I am a PVE player as well. You seem to Nerf everything in your game that makes life easier. It is near impossible to do a Power Stone Quest solo and I thought solo players were promised that the game would be made better for them. So peace out and keep your garbage game and lose a lot more players than you have. I can guarantee you've lost more players than you gained just by the stupid changes. The server speak for themselves.

You can kill them with normal ship cannons on the back as a solo player. I do that without any problems. You still outrange sotds.

19 minutes ago, Willard said:

You can kill them with normal ship cannons on the back as a solo player. I do that without any problems. You still outrange sotds. 

True but I think it's a matter of time for them to withdraw it too, I was in a Golden Age today trying their luck with a brigantine and I saw a pack of SOTD Lv.36 ~ 56 with few shots they destroyed three plank from my ship.

20190510191415-1.jpg

Weaving and shooting, while realistic, isnt feasible when your a solo ship. A fleet of SoD will easily sink a lone ship when it has to turn left or right to fire its cannons which causes the ships to catch up. And forget if you sink a Brig or a Sloop and trying to get the float Sam from them because the rest are still going to come after you. The risk and reward is just not high enough. I mean if you lose for planks even if you have spare planks you have to leave the wheel and make repairs while the ships of the Damned are still firing on you. Yeah I could spend days sailing around increasing the defense or Damage Done by my ship but it is pointless. Do you stupid ass updates will continue and completely ruin this game. At most they should have set a limit to 4 large cannons fore and aft or made it where the brig rear platform couldn't be made so big to fit 8 large cannons on. Deck cannons and 4 1/2 cannons does not go against the lure of the game because actual pirate ships had cannons on decks and fore and aft. It is how the smaller ships captured bigger ships so they could be faster with just as much Firepower. This was really the final game breaking update for me. I'm kind of thankful for it so I can go back and play breath of the wild again or so much better and less frustrating games.

• Like 1

So they seem to lose about 75% of their players pre wipe. And after the wat they may have gained 40% back with new players but just looking at the servers it looks like over half of them have already quit. This game was popular and now you can barely find a hundred people total on all servers. At this rate and the direction they are heading the only players that will be left playing this game maybe The devs themselves. They really had a good idea for the game but they let the players corrupt it. Because there's always going to be somebody complaining that something isn't fair because it's not easy for them and they don't understand the game or know how to play and won't give their self the chance to learn or those who can't spend as much time in the game as others can. I can only spend maybe a few hours a day because I have a life. This game seems to punish those who have a life