The additional level you gain for the amount of work/resources involved doesn't seem like enough reward.  I would suggest adding 5 levels per quality type of the shipyard.

Common level 41 max

Fine level 46 max

Journeyman Level 51 max

Masterwork level 56 max

Legendary level 61 max

Mythic level 66 max

The BP type has no bearing on the max levels for your ship.  Its all about the durability.  A 180% Legendary will give you the same amount of levels a 180% Mythical will.  It just so happens that the higher quality BP's tend to have better durability, but as I am sure you are well aware that is not always the case.  RNG for the win.

Also if that many levels were added.....my god.  I'd build a ship with 200% cannons and pump every level into damage.  500% damage.  Ouch. 

Edited by DocHolliday

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

The BP type has no bearing on the max levels for your ship.  Its all about the durability.  A 180% Legendary will give you the same amount of levels a 180% Mythical will.  It just so happens that the higher quality BP's tend to have better durability, but as I am sure you are well aware that is not always the case.  RNG for the win.

Also if that many levels were added.....my god.  I'd build a ship with 200% cannons and pump every level into damage.  500% damage.  Ouch. 

Has it been confirmed that it was just the durability that affected the levels? Last I saw, mythical gave 10 levels, no matter the durability.

4 minutes ago, Master_Pain said:

Has it been confirmed that it was just the durability that affected the levels? Last I saw, mythical gave 10 levels, no matter the durability.

Yeah its the durability. Got a 135% dura shipyard And get 128% Quality ships which cap at 44 And the 195% dura make s175% Quality ships which cap at 49. im happy  Getting 40% more dmg just by building a shipyard that last Till next wipe And make all ships better. Just Need Decent sotd spawns in golden Age again 

On 5/10/2019 at 3:58 PM, zottel said:

Yeah its the durability. Got a 135% dura shipyard And get 128% Quality ships which cap at 44 And the 195% dura make s175% Quality ships which cap at 49. im happy  Getting 40% more dmg just by building a shipyard that last Till next wipe And make all ships better. Just Need Decent sotd spawns in golden Age again 

Did they fix the bug that was going on with ships being stuck at levels when they came out of anything but normal shipyards?