Sign in to follow this  
Sadie Blackhawk

Discovery Points for leveling.

Upping the points per discovery  has helped a ton. 

My thoughts over morning coffee. Dump the idea of forcing discoveries for leveling just make it xp based. People are going to do treasure maps regardless which will force exploration on its own. Also you need several different resources for bps-which will make for exploration. 

Proposed idea- Questline much like veteran explorer. Have increments. So many discoveries you can unlock lets say a new ship.

Ex-Viking Longboat-faster speed for traveling the map after so many discoveries. Little larger then a schooner but smaller then  a brig. 

Steampunk like ship for the more fantasy based players. Lets say this can carry more weight, some defences but ultimately a harvesting ship. Kinda like a smaller galleon.

I'm sure you get the gist of where im going with this. 

I know you have skins coming out.

Would love to see some sails skins to give the ships different looks. 

The questlines that do give discovery points ie-whales/powerstones. Use those to unlock extra levels. Lets say xp cap at 90- The whales/powerstones used to unlock 91 etc.

Edited by Sadie Blackhawk

Also make the discoveries similar to ark as in chest or urn that you need to open. Would be better to know what your looking for not just take a stab in the dark when you might get lucky to run across a point.  

The excitement of finding an urn in ark is awesome. Base xp plus 2x for so many seconds of finding one. Harder the area the more xp you get.