Skyroguen

Planks should be exempt from build limit restrictions.

Planks on ships are already limited by the limit number of slots that they can be placed. they are also mandatory for the ship to function.

So here is the problem. I had reached my build limit on my galleon. I freed up a few spots then added some water barrels. apparently waters barrels count toward build limit but were not restricted by build limit. I apparently added too many. 

Fast forward to a rough fight with a squadron of the damned and although I won the day I lost a few planks. Imagine my surprise when I tried to replace the missing planks while water is gushing into my bilge, and I receive the warning that my build limit has been reached and I cannot replace the missing planks. I had to scramble to remove what ever I could to lower my item limit until I could replace those planks.

I see no reason at all that planks should count toward this limit. Sails, Planks, Helm, Resource Storage Chest and Dingy/Diving Davits are all already limited to a specific number, they shouldn't also be counted as an item. There is no reason that I shouldn't be able to replace a missing plank ever.

Edited by Skyroguen

Thanks for noticing me on this. Im going to remove some stuff from my limit reached galleon. It still looks empty tho

• Like 1

Good points and most likely a simple oversight.  Devs should be able to fix this quite easily.  I suggest creating a bug report in the bug section as they are more likely to see it there.

• Thanks 1

Rope ladders count as well if you have all your masts laddered up

I hope this gets more attention and that it’s fixed. Galleons are a big resource and effort to build and outfit. Stupid to lose one over such a design mistake. In addition I believe that the limits on structures and weight should be looked at also. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 8ball said:

Rope ladders count as well if you have all your masts laddered up

In this regard I feel we should be able to use the portable rope ladders instead of the regular ones as the portable rope ladders would cover the distance with one object instead of 5 to 12 that is currently required. however the portable rope ladders do not snap to masts so they can't be used.