Sign in to follow this  
Shawshanker

Chinese players with OOO for names

Please do something about Chineses players only showing OOO for a name. They can attack you when you are offline with no fear of retaliation because I have no idea who attacked us. All my company log says is your boat was destroyed by ooo. 

5 hours ago, Shawshanker said:

Please do something about Chineses players only showing OOO for a name. They can attack you when you are offline with no fear of retaliation because I have no idea who attacked us. All my company log says is your boat was destroyed by ooo. 

Careful, you might cause another wipe lol

6 hours ago, Shawshanker said:

use the global font linked in this thread , they are not typing it in like that ,  they use a different char set than we do , 

Edited by UDO

8 hours ago, Shawshanker said:

YOU do something. Your PC can't show the character set, that's all. They're doing nothing wrong. 😄

I'm Russian, and I'm not seeing Cyrillic text in game. Instead I also see this "◘◘◘◘◘◘" kind of text. Not sure if I wanna put anything from workshop in to the game right now tho...

Even if you install the font , you probably still will not be able to tell as the font is for simplified Chinese I believe. The names and characters of the font will be in Chinese. So unless you can read simplified Chinese this will not help much. I suppose if they own an island you might be able to compare the company characters and find them on a map by comparing. 

2 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I'm Russian, and I'm not seeing Cyrillic text in game. Instead I also see this "◘◘◘◘◘◘" kind of text. Not sure if I wanna put anything from workshop in to the game right now tho...

Your written English is excellent btw. I wouldn’t have known it wasn’t your native language if you hadn’t said.  Far superior to my Russian, which is pretty much limited to “borscht”.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Stabbin said:

OP is correct!  Not sure if they are Chinese but I call them the box tribes.  All you can see in their names are the boxes.

and others have said install the global font from steam workshop u will then see their names , in what ever font they use , be it crylic or chinese

The best advice I can give to combat this is to 𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫 𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫 𛚫𛚫 𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫 𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫 𛚫𛚫𛚫 𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫𛚫 𛚫𛚫𛚫