Sign in to follow this  
Dulu

Guns can't kill NPC Crew anymore...?

May I ask why this change was added?

Part of the strategy of naval battles is killing crew that are manning the cannons.

My crew and I sunk a Brig that outgunned us, heavily, because we were able to snipe cannon NPC's off their post.

It's a viable strategy. (They even used it in Black Sails!)

I understand if you can't snipe them while anchored, but while AT SEA? We can't kill the cannon NPC's? What if we want to capture the ship, we have to destroy the cannons before we can even start the timer?

Weird change. I don't see the reasoning.

Yea this is a really bad change for them. Sometimes I wonder what makes the devs do these dumb changes. I mean everything you said is correct and it totally destroys two thirds of the boat pvp which this game is about. This needs to change asap or it will drive down the player count even further.

I just wish they would let us know why these changes are made and if they are permanent or not.  Makes testing and reporting issues much more difficult and as a fan of the game it annoys the crap out of me.

• Like 1

I do not care about realism, I like it a lot. People who ganked my npcs annoyed me. Now finally I can go solo farm rares and leave swivels on ship lit without having to disperse my players further by assigning them boring jobs of guarding a ship while I farm.