Detonator

No Large Cannons on Deck

You guys are so whiny,unskilled and lazy.

As far as SOTD go. You can still put mediums on the back. I can kill any sotd with a level 1 sloop with 1 stock medium on the back. And I don't even need crew. 

Simply aggro them at full speed , angle to the wind and slow down till you see their health bar pop up then match their speed. Shoot till dead. 

If you dont like how long 1 cannon takes put 20. 

My max mythical brig drives straight into them and what's not killed by the gun ports the 10 mediums on the back insta kill including max level galleons. 

I personally feel they are too easy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Meerkat said:

i don't mind this change, but i am not looking forward to what will inevitably follow. if people are forced to engage in broadside battles and not just kite their way to victory you will start seeing a lot more "tank" brigs to compensate. i really dislike the "tank" meta even more than the shotgun meta. it's hideous!

after all, give me this any day

G4tXgeK.jpg

over this abomination...

hqdefault.jpg

I dont believe that's going to be a issue due to gun port location 

• Like 1

Can't wait to see Fleet vrs Fleet battles now, and not this cannon ball run of large cannons 3 in one bay over kill.

and i do not watch land battles as its broken as fuck

On 5/10/2019 at 9:34 AM, Polar Express said:

Just nerf the large cannon damage to hell. Keep them longer range but make them weaker than ships cannons and make the ammo weigh the same as ship cannons. Like a long cannon (long range) that way if you want a dps ship you will need  to get into real cannon range and be prepared to actually receive damage in return for dealing it. This will make large cannons (long cannon) into an option for players who are trying to get away from aggressors by using bar shot if they are being chased by MLG douschebags that try to sink everything they see. 

If anything I would say nerf the range to 50-60% of the ship cannon and rename them to carronades, then add in long cannon that has a higher range than ship cannon (rename them to medium cannon) but less damage. 

On 5/10/2019 at 6:34 PM, Fix this said:

You guys are so whiny,unskilled and lazy.

As far as SOTD go. You can still put mediums on the back. I can kill any sotd with a level 1 sloop with 1 stock medium on the back. And I don't even need crew. 

Simply aggro them at full speed , angle to the wind and slow down till you see their health bar pop up then match their speed. Shoot till dead. 

If you dont like how long 1 cannon takes put 20. 

My max mythical brig drives straight into them and what's not killed by the gun ports the 10 mediums on the back insta kill including max level galleons. 

I personally feel they are too easy.

This...and this and this and this!  Also, I SOLO shipped the Kraken last night with ONE "6 gun on each side standard" Brig.  Had time to spare.  It's FINE!

I think  its still easy, and i dont mind the change (EU/PvE).

But ok.. i sail aroud in a Galleon and blast everything out of the water when i sail by...
I have 7 Cannons on the Stern of my Galeon, if i have the need to pull someting, and iam prety happy with it

btw... someone said something about realism with ship to ship fights?

Take a look at the Movie Admiral-Michiel de Ruyter from 2015.. its Movie from the Netherlands

Yes its a Movie, but i think its still quite accurate

I love these forums, almost every possible complaint I have.. is already addressed on here. 🙂  Thanks guys!