Detonator

No Large Cannons on Deck

5 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

This is how ships were typically built IRL

Please stop using "IRL" as if it actually matters on this FANTASY game.

otherwise you will have a hell of a time explaining most of the games contents and how pirates IRL used to load their torpedoes.

ADDING to this thread the change is good , but are the devs going to be looking at the 360 degree firing of the sotd ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UDO said:

ADDING to this thread the change is good , but are the devs going to be looking at the 360 degree firing of the sotd ? 

It's not QUITE 360.  There are two spots that you can absolutely hit them without any return fire.

Oh lets not split hairs. "not QUITE 360" give me a break. SoTD sail with no wind and can fire from all angles which means by this games logic they have deck canons.  If we cant have large cannons on our deck then let us have front and rear cannon ports for medium cannons. And all these "IRL" comments are complete BS. Just because the 3 ships you've seen in a film didnt have cannons on deck or at the rear doesnt mean they couldnt or didnt. Do you people think only one nation with one vastly limited militaristic skill owned all pirate ships? "Pirate ships" meaning stolen military or trade vessels from militaristic dominating nations (Pirates didnt build sht).

Edited by gobblarr
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gobblarr said:

Oh lets not split hairs. "not QUITE 360" give me a break. SoTD sail with no wind and can fire from all angles which means by this games logic they have deck canons.  If we can have large cannons on our deck then let us have front and rear cannon ports for medium cannons. And all these "IRL" comments are complete BS. Just because the 3 ships you've seen in a film didnt have cannons on deck or at the rear doesnt mean they couldnt or didnt. Do you people think only one nation with one vastly limited militaristic skill owned all pirate ships? "Pirate ships" meaning stolen military or trade vessels from militaristic dominating nations (Pirates didnt build sht).

you realize that its only large cannons they said cant be placed on deck, nothing stopping you from front loading medium cannons

1 minute ago, Barrett said:

you realize that its only large cannons they said cant be placed on deck, nothing stopping you from front loading medium cannons

yep 🙂 well aware. Until these "IRL" people complain about that too and then we will get another nerf. Also doesnt solve the wasted resources. 

11 minutes ago, Nokim said:

Please stop using "IRL" as if it actually matters on this FANTASY game.

otherwise you will have a hell of a time explaining most of the games contents and how pirates IRL used to load their torpedoes.

But things that exist IRL should behave like they do IRL. There's a difference between fantasy and nonsense. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. We don't have magic powered torpedoes IRL so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there. 

... deleted. wrong reply. dont mind me just another winded rant

Edited by gobblarr

Ship Balance would be very interresting.

61OiWiy-PjL._SL1000_.jpg

This would be a frontloader Brig.

• Like 1

Just now, Daemon Cross said:

Those who’ve been a part of these forums for awhile and have seen my previous post already knows I don’t pvp.  

So your saying pve players ( solo pve players) can’t take on the SOTD without front or rear facing cannons?  Rethink your fighting technique and I’m sure you can come up with a way you can. You may have your render distance to close otherwise just plan your attack. I carry normally 6 gp’s and 4 rp’s, extra steering wheel, bucket and repair hammer with plenty of resources for bad situations. I also place all points into Sturdiness and skill up the reduced sinking rate. I’ve sailed a long way with what appeared to be just the skeleton of the ship. It sank of course but it was still amazing. 

I even understand your point of view you seem to like a more realistic battle but this is not a simulator of naval battles.

I always prepare myself before battling with ships in the Golden Age I have almost 2k hours in this game and I never lost a ship and I visited the forum since Day 1 of this game but most of the time as a spectator I am not a newbie here.

my NPC crew has better armor than mine and I never leave the game before repairing every part of my Ships.

the render distance of the SOTD was greatly reduced, probably to "optimize" the game...

the SOTD Galleons appear very close to you and they detect the animals on the ship's deck from an even greater distance.

Would you like to know already that you play in the PVE what you order or it disrupts your gameplay in knowing that your neighbor owns cannons in the back or front of the ships?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

But things that exist IRL should behave like they do IRL.

according to who and what rules?a game is a game certain things make sense to base them from reality but others are completely optional, such as the ability to load 5 squeezed elephants on a schooner(which i have done).

placing cannons is no difference, there is already a limit on how high or how far outside the ship one can build. A GAME should have certain freedoms without the restraints based on reality. So if i want to place 12 large cannons facing the back that should be my choice. nothing stops you from doing the same. I can't armor them when they are too high thats my risk and choice. I don't like the idea of everyone on a vanilla design, it goes against the entire concept of being able to "design" your own ship.

now if you just want more balanced pvp against said builds then it should be done properly, like giving those cannons uptop increased weight reducing you ships speed and ability to turn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Savra said:

Ship Balance would be very interresting.

This would be a frontloader Brig.

LOL someone saw my post before I deleted it. I would support this 100% if they gave us the freedom to do as we wish with our own ships. 

Edited by gobblarr

1 minute ago, gobblarr said:

LOL someone saw my post before I deleted it. I would support this 100% if they gave us the freedom to do as we wish with our own ships. 

Dint saw your post ^^'

2 idiots with the same idea? 😛

• Like 1

The forth canon from the top right triggers me so extremly hard...

But this things are dumb. You can have more lvl over the shipyards + 200% Blueprints + Skill dmg.

I mean you canaon avoid getting shot by this ship - but if this hits you with complete max dmg - RIP.

Their is not much PvP or naval battles in getting one shot.

Maybe we should have skillpoints for:

Weight - Crew - Structure - Beds - Resistance - Dmg - Canons

Taking more canons will reduce the dmg/crew/weight. So if somebody wants this backloading galleon he will be very slow, cant take much weight and is a glass canon.

that picture was from before the wipe though and not my ship it was an allies… but imagine the wheight on it lol xD they must have a second brig just to bring the ammo for it xD

well its a pvp game nothing will ever be fair, a ship like that can 1 shot you. but whats to stop you from doing the same thing? also you expect these great sea battles. that will never happen. if its not cannons it will be some jerk sniping you with a rifle.

3 hours ago, Rising said:

I understand that these changes will be relevant to balance the PVP mode but in the PVE mode will only be to frustrate and with that to amaze even more players.

You playing solo with your brigantine/schonner come across five SOTD that come out of nowhere because of reduced view distance and lose everything ...

They should try to balance/improve the small cannons not do these shit.

These devs seem to want to get rid of the players at all costs on their own. Fixing the bugs that have been there since day 1 is left out but fuc*** with the solo players is the priority.

I now doubt who will be able to fight with SOTD Squad in the Golden Age alone now.

How place large cannons now?

20190508092127-1.jpg

That means large cannons only go into large gun ports = galleon only ?

4 minutes ago, Talono said:

That means large cannons only go into large gun ports = galleon only ?

nope i equipped my brig with large cannons in the medium gunports earlier… if u read the patch notes the snaps for large cannons in medium gunports is bugged atm so u have to like open and close them many times then u can all of a sudden but htey should fiw it with small patch later today

Large Cannons were being destroyed when Gunports were demolished (or destroyed). The build is approximately 20 minutes away. We recommend not placing Large Cannons down if you haven't already, as they will still have the issue. If you have placed them on gunports, you will need to demo them and place them again to avoid their destruction when the gunport is demolished or destroyed. My apologies for the inconvenience folks We're also investigating issues where boats don't have all the right snaps for Large Cannons, but that will likely be resolved in a patch later today.

Edited by Ducimus

Had really high hopes for this game, they always ruin shit before having a way to fix what they broke, and we have to sit here and flounder while they figure it out. nerfing PVE because of PVP is stupid. Seems like a bad move for a game bleeding people constantly. Soon it wont matter at all because there will be no one playing. Nerfing is one thing, but this fundamentally changes the game for alot of people, some of which have put a TON of time getting 5 or 6x mats together to build awesome ships. Instead of fixing core issues they take the lazy way out and just cut things out.

We arn't a large company, 30-40 people , but this is the straw that broke the camels back for us, not just this but all the bullshit we have put up with until this point. Maybe we will come back some day, but this game is a shit show right now and wasting hundreds of cumulative hours gathering 5x-6x mats because of lazy devs with no imagination. They are so lazy they cant even figure out how to give back the proper mats for what we have to destroy now, they could have done that at least so its not such a HUGE waste, but again money-grab/lazy/don't care call it what you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ducimus said:

R.I.P

unknown.png

i love this change though!

da fuck

i mean seriously guys

that's a way of cheating

i ask myself why even play at all, with this setup...

and that's what they try to fix, so you need kinda skill now... and not a shotgun

i rly wonder what happens to the small cannons..

you know shotgun=bobgun

Edited by photek

2 hours ago, Nokim said:

All they did was make it impossible for a single player to solo any high lvl sods. Unless they start providing us with NPCs we can use to do ship repairs while still sailing. In the form of a skill or something.

Why, oh why , oh why, would you ever deem it to be necessary for a game that is explicitly an MMORPG to cater later game content for a solo player? Why should a solo player be able to easily build a ship and easily go kill groups of SoTD?

The incentive SHOULD be to need, or at the very least prefer to have more people to help. 

That thing is just harbour furniture, you have to waste 30 points on crew to be able shoot every cannon. Even if you carry very little ammo and you spend every point you have left on weight, the ship is going to be very slow and hard to maneuver.

7 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Well it doesn't surprise me any, pve has been meshed with pvp this whole time. Its a total mistake to put the two games together and patch them together.

Its two different games.

But there is only a few doing this game so i dont expect much yet until they build the game up some.

I think this team is too young to have ever played Shadowbane, or they would understand how pvp and pve can be placed together. There is a balance, and you dont weigh down the pvpers by pve.

The reason i suggest this, because we would have groups go out and mass xp boost players to get past this whole "time sync" system. We have it in this game too, with shared XP.

So you will now just have to kite them to a shore defense and let the towers take them out. Make more sense?

PVE in Shadowbane? Must of played a different Shadowbane than me. Change is good just wish we would of had a heads up.

Edited by Barab