Detonator

No Large Cannons on Deck

This one is kind of game ending for me tbh, In my opinion this takes all the variety and versatility out of the game, for me this is the reason I play these games because sometimes the person that dares to be different can do good and.  I honestly hope this one gets changed back personally.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

RIP creativity .

And large cannon at gun port is fking stupid , this give way more advantages that small cannon , i suggest we remove the large cannon from the game and only small cannon left .

Also , all gs should have large cannon range and spawn more so that no one sail the sea again cus these ship can outrange you .

• Haha 2

I suspect that this change had a lot to do with kiting ghost ships - stack a few rear-facing large cannons and kite all day, no damage. But either way, forcing ships to do most of their fighting broadsides is generally a good move.

• Like 10

good change it will allow the devs to balance everything for proper naval warfare and positioning 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Detonator said:

This one is kind of game ending for me tbh, In my opinion this takes all the variety and versatility out of the game, for me this is the reason I play these games because sometimes the person that dares to be different can do good and.  I honestly hope this one gets changed back personally.

Here goes the fantasy factor.

RIP.

Playing the game from the beginning on PvE, I based my ships on placing large canons everywhere I wanted. The fantasyfactor.

RIP PvE.

Wow.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Ah they removed it completely from ships?

Nop, you cant pick m up either for re using them. They must be destroyed on deck.

The creativity of the devteam has no limits for PvE. Utterly limitless.

Sigh.

• Haha 1

In fairness, the shotgun ships had become an ‘I win’ button meta. And it needed addressing.

as every combat ship was a similar build, I actually thought it limited creativity. 

• Like 8

There goes the mythical cannons....and has now made galleons virtually the only ship to tackle SOTD.

Well it doesn't surprise me any, pve has been meshed with pvp this whole time. Its a total mistake to put the two games together and patch them together.

Its two different games.

But there is only a few doing this game so i dont expect much yet until they build the game up some.

I think this team is too young to have ever played Shadowbane, or they would understand how pvp and pve can be placed together. There is a balance, and you dont weigh down the pvpers by pve.

The reason i suggest this, because we would have groups go out and mass xp boost players to get past this whole "time sync" system. We have it in this game too, with shared XP.

So you will now just have to kite them to a shore defense and let the towers take them out. Make more sense?

• Like 1

At the moment, every combat ship is a front or backloading shotgun. If anything now people will have to get more creative to adapt and overcome.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rangabeard said:

creative?...may i ask how we can get creative when creativity option has been removed.

Hold tight, they already said ship changes are in the works and lots more ideas where coming for ships.

I agree you cant change up your configs much, however just means more tanks in the water now then ever. A galleon is a tank too.

So instead of 20 large cannons on the backs of boats, put medium cannons on the back of boats.

Really only thing it changed was having more then 1 crew mate help repair the boat anyways... You will still get hit pretty heavy on the back of the boat, if you dont kite them right.

Circle kite them now then. and use the medium cannons off the back.

The AI logic in this game needs massive improvements, otherwise the Sotd will all bunch together and pretty much play bumper cars for everyones quick Easy win large cannon meta farming.

Placing cannons on the front and back of ships was great if you wanted easy kills, the issues was that it caused just that, kite to win. The developers are attempting a naval battle by allowing the use of large or small cannons in gun ports you still get some creative ideas on how you’d begin a fight.  Pre-wipe I never used cannons on the front or rear of the ship but I did plan my fights and some fights drug out for periods of time due to the slow turning of the Galleon and lack of cannons on the Brigantine. Fights were fun though but it did require planning to win especially having to deal with the wind.

• Like 4

That they are laughing at the players, 1st they cleanse to leave the theme of the flags as the ass, now I have a galleon and brigantines loaded to the brim with long cannons that are not worth anything, PVE game the long cannons on land they are useless, not even the more than 1000 bullets that I have, they have no idea how to develop the game, more useless could not have been managing a game, the phosphorescent AI ships are going to be included by the programmers or game managers, the only thing that they do well is to touch the eggs to the players it does not surprise me that people leave this game and do not recommend anyone to buy it

• Haha 1

Just now, Daemon Cross said:

Placing cannons on the front and back of ships was great if you wanted easy kills, the issues was that it caused just that, kite to win. The developers are attempting a naval battle by allowing the use of large or small cannons in gun ports you still get some creative ideas on how you’d begin a fight.  Pre-wipe I never used cannons on the front or rear of the ship but I did plan my fights and some fights drug out for periods of time due to the slow turning of the Galleon and lack of cannons on the Brigantine. Fights were fun though but it did require planning to win especially having to deal with the wind.

Yup completely right, I had the chance to actually do a normal ship config in non official and do pvp that way, its way more fun having more in the gun ports anyways. Half the time you where never kiting someone elses ship anyways due to the official meta. Its much better to make a normal ship then focusing on them chasing you down. Now you can work on Speed, and stuff. But players will insist on showing them how to do everything, but never sit back and figure it out themselves.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TerrorTrooper said:

At the moment, every combat ship is a front or backloading shotgun. If anything now people will have to get more creative to adapt and overcome.

i don't know in which cave have you been fighting, but EU PVP golden age servers have been a blast for me the last few weeks, D12, M12 the other day i lost my a brig in combat in L3 against ship cannon brig that got me in a bad spot with non existent wind. None of the brigs( and we are talking about 16 brigs sunk in 1v1 combat, much more fights with just planks/pieces lost in the fight ) i had fought/sunk these weeks were full rear or front/rear ships... they were common 3 months ago, not any more.

42 minutes ago, kampfer91 said:

RIP creativity .

And large cannon at gun port is fking stupid , this give way more advantages that small cannon , i suggest we remove the large cannon from the game and only small cannon left .

Also , all gs should have large cannon range and spawn more so that no one sail the sea again cus these ship can outrange you .

To be honest, there is a problem with the cannons.  Everywhere ship I see is loaded with large cannons, and few if any small cannons.  That is a problem.  It needs balancing.  Games seem to have a problem with balance these days.  I remember one of my first space sims.  I remember how there were three types of ships...light, medium, and heavy.  The heavy ships were sluggish to fly, but they had big heavy guns that while slow firing, packed a very powerful punch.  The light ships had very fast firing guns, but they were pretty weak.  The medium ships were somewhere in between.  They were well balanced.  You could be successful in all three.  In the light ship, you had to avoid being hit, and seek to hit the other ships as much as possible.  The heavy ships, you couldn't really avoid being hit, but you instead worried about getting on target as fast as possible, and making your shots count, before your shields took too much damage.  The medium ships were similar to both, and how you flew them depended on which type of ship you were up against.  If against the light ships, you adopted the tactics of the heavy ship, and if against the heavy ship, you adopted the tactics of the light ship.

In this game, the advantages are all on the side of the heavy cannon, except for swiveling, but that seems not to be a deterrent at all.  The votes are in...the Heavy is the Meta.  Not surprising at all when the only advantage is the swiveling.   It has less damage, less range, and no apparent advantage in reload time.  The weight difference isn't enough to make up for the lack of damage.  Something has to change.  Had to change.

13 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

To be honest, there is a problem with the cannons.  Everywhere ship I see is loaded with large cannons, and few if any small cannons.  That is a problem.  It needs balancing.  Games seem to have a problem with balance these days.  I remember one of my first space sims.  I remember how there were three types of ships...light, medium, and heavy.  The heavy ships were sluggish to fly, but they had big heavy guns that while slow firing, packed a very powerful punch.  The light ships had very fast firing guns, but they were pretty weak.  The medium ships were somewhere in between.  They were well balanced.  You could be successful in all three.  In the light ship, you had to avoid being hit, and seek to hit the other ships as much as possible.  The heavy ships, you couldn't really avoid being hit, but you instead worried about getting on target as fast as possible, and making your shots count, before your shields took too much damage.  The medium ships were similar to both, and how you flew them depended on which type of ship you were up against.  If against the light ships, you adopted the tactics of the heavy ship, and if against the heavy ship, you adopted the tactics of the light ship.

In this game, the advantages are all on the side of the heavy cannon, except for swiveling, but that seems not to be a deterrent at all.  The votes are in...the Heavy is the Meta.  Not surprising at all when the only advantage is the swiveling.   It has less damage, less range, and no apparent advantage in reload time.  The weight difference isn't enough to make up for the lack of damage.  Something has to change.  Had to change.

"Ye, lets let the players on PvE get heard."

"Oh no, something is wrong with PvP."

"Let's not listen to PvE, just make them ready to get over to PvP and close those servers too..."

"Wait, DO NOT FORGET THE LASERS!"

Lol @Cpt.Yarrr butt hurt that another abuseable meta is being fixed. 

If your honest with yourself you knew this was comming. What you call "creativity" was actually the opposite. Nothin at all original about playing scratch meta.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Lol @Cpt.Yarrr butt hurt that another abuseable meta is being fixed. 

If your honest with yourself you knew this was comming. What you call "creativity" was actually the opposite. Nothin at all original about playing scratch meta.

To be completely honest, I was wondering what it took them so long. I mentioned it on our group last week this wasnt been implemented yet. Now we are all hoping, the buff from sightingspeed (skill) works properly. I don't mind it in the end. The game evolves, we need to evolve as it goes. I hope the majority in PvE can coop with this as well.

Too bad we cant pick them up or get all mats we used to get the legendary large ones. 

That kinda sucks big time.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr