globytheoldpirate

Breeding Razortooth

Unlike gamepedia say, shieldhorns and razortooths are actually breedable since 1.5, and here is some tips to breed a razortooth.

To begin, you need to be in desert to breed them (during day, at night they'll be too cold (and no the icon isn't a condom)), as a dinosaur they lay eggs.
I suggest you to need incubate the egg in the desert, but going to tropical instead. Tried Desert, Temperature, and Tropical. Tropical is, imo, the easiest place to grow them. (Didn't tried Polar or Toundra, but mehh, Razor need to have around 40.c x) ).

So, now you're in tropical biome, the baby is born.
Wait night, he's cold, put as firecamps as he needs to not be cold, minus 1.
He's cold, BUT he won't die, the night time where he's cold is short. Same during day, he'll be too hot.
Between each cold/hot phase, he'll regen, he'll be fine trust me 🙂
With that, you won't need to keep an eye on him, just need to feed him with meat/fish and put wood in each fires.
When he's juvenile, you can just come every 8 hours (time between each imprint) to refill wood and meat. And ofc, imprint him !

At least for the first 40%... 😞
After thoses ~40%, his health will drop faster than he could regen.
The first 40% really are the easiest part 😕 Now you'll be in pain 😕 BUT at the end you'll have a raised Razortooths, and they are really fiew ! (maybe only one actually ? On the official network).

Now that he's 40%+ you will need to keep a eye on him and fires everyday and everynight (In Game), so each time he's cold/hot, you start/stop fires.

it's a real pain, if you're solo, I don't think you can achieve this (or don't sleep for 4 days, but I don't recommand this).

Edit ! With recent updates, equatorial is now way better ! Wait night, put as campfire as he need, you won't need switch them between day/night.
Just keep woods into fires, and meat/fish on the animal.
Note that after baby state he doesn't care about temperature 😄 

Why should I imprint a razortooth ? 
if you imprint an animal, his stats will be grantly boosted (except stamina saddly 😞 ).

Mine lvl 19 razortooths, post imprinting has now 180% damage, without puting any point into it.
If you ride it as the claimer (parent) he'll gain +25% attack and resistance.

So if you combine everything, the 180% damage (exemple of mine) + 25% attack from being his "parent", + 25% attack cause the other animal is feared, + the bonus from the skill (cry nature ?), you'll do enormous amount of damage. (didn't tried with the imprinted one, but I already does 156 dmg per bite without an imprinted one, will add how much I do when we'll be home).

You'll be able to solo purple tresors with one Razortooth without any problem.
As you're very high, you won't take personnal damage from damned soldiers. So 0 chance to die 🙂
I encourage you to put point in his stamina, to have 500 to 700 stamina. He's naturally very low, with one cry you will lost 150+ stamina ^^
My little level 19 has 580 health, if you find 2 good razortooth, you can reach 1k to 1k5 health easy post-impregnation, without putting point into it. Same for attack, you can reach 220-250% with luck.

That's the end, sorry if my english isn't very well 😕 Not my native language. Ask question if some part aren't clear, need precision, or if you have other tips 🙂 

Here are some images :
Baby razortooth, I started raising him in a boat, to find the best location/biome.
QCb8zaB.jpg

sWEU8hh.jpg

Adolescent Razortooth
frUjWAU.jpg

And now, adult razortooth 100% imprinted, with his father, coming home
rOgx2w3.jpg

If you never tamed a razortooth, I made an app like dododex but for Atlas, a calculator that helps about taming, stats of your dino 🙂

Here is the link : https://globy.dev/animal/razortooth

Edited by globytheoldpirate
  • Like 3

There are some people which breed razors very successfull. I think stamina is most important stat for razortooth. When you really could hit 700, that would be amazing 😮

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

There are some people which breed razors very successfull. I think stamina is most important stat for razortooth. When you really could hit 700, that would be amazing 😮

Yeah, stamina is the most important statistic on razortooth in my opinion ^^ Need to find better Razors ! 😄
Do you know people that had 100% impregnated Razor before yesturday ? 😮 

I had 100% but something stupid happened and it died at 99% it was a sad day.

~Lotus

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

To begin, you need to be in desert to breed them (during day, at night they'll be too cold (and no the icon isn't a condom)), as a dinosaur they lay eggs.

Do you need usual desert or powerstone desert? We have tamed yesterday a couple razors in D12, but there was a snow icon, and they didn't mate. We trip them to desert, tropic biomes,  female was undesirebale. We took they to F8 desert power stone region. The same. What we do wrong? 

15 minutes ago, Nitex said:

Do you need usual desert or powerstone desert? We have tamed yesterday a couple razors in D12, but there was a snow icon, and they didn't mate. We trip them to desert, tropic biomes,  female was undesirebale. We took they to F8 desert power stone region. The same. What we do wrong? 

I mate them in H5.
You may need fire, it's too cold most of the time

Thanks for the info OP, I was curious about this. How'd the baby turn out? Is breeding still an obnoxious 3 day marathon of tediousness? 

52 minutes ago, Nitex said:

We did it in D12 with 16 campfires on galleon.

Breed or mate ?

31 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

Thanks for the info OP, I was curious about this. How'd the baby turn out? Is breeding still an obnoxious 3 day marathon of tediousness? 

Actually it's 4 days marathon of tediousness for the Razor 😢

2 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

4 Days............ 

Edit: too stupid for quotes 😉

Edited by Puppies4ever
  • Like 1

Off topic but @globytheoldpirate can you tell me if the other tames are as touchy as the razor after the 40% mark, we have our elephant in a good place in C7 atm, and we don't have to fuss with the fires he gets low health during the day, but that's about it.

Congrats and thanks for the info about breeding the razortooth, not sure i'd be up for that kind of marathon.

Edited by trqfreak350

4 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

Breed or mate ?

Actually it's 4 days marathon of tediousness for the Razor 😢

That's disappointing to hear, but not surprising. I'm beginning to think the only way I'll ever see reasonable breeding times is to host my own game, which is hardly an ideal solution to the problem. 

12 hours ago, trqfreak350 said:

Off topic but @globytheoldpirate can you tell me if the other tames are as touchy as the razor after the 40% mark, we have our elephant in a good place in C7 atm, and we don't have to fuss with the fires he gets low health during the day, but that's about it.

Congrats and thanks for the info about breeding the razortooth, not sure i'd be up for that kind of marathon.

We do bear/tiger really easy without any problem.
Razortooth on the other part are way harder ^^ But way better at combat 😄 (if good base stamina)

• Thanks 1

Hah ! I will take the challenge of breeding razor in tundra lol .

......Probably gonna burn down the whole house to incubate the egg....

3 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

Hah ! I will take the challenge of breeding razor in tundra lol .

......Probably gonna burn down the whole house to incubate the egg....

Why trying the easy way ? go polar 😛 
Lets burn the entire island

• Haha 1

we breed them in d11 and they do fine you just need to make a breeding room with lots of fires and grills fires under floor with hatches and then grills in a half circle about 3 ceiling apart so wont need to watch the temps too much just need to figure out the right amount of fires for your biom

On 5/8/2019 at 6:54 PM, globytheoldpirate said:
On 5/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, Nitex said:

We did it in D12 with 16 campfires on galleon.

Breed or mate ?

Mate them.

3 hours ago, EvilBoy said:

we breed them in d11 and they do fine you just need to make a breeding room with lots of fires and grills fires under floor with hatches and then grills in a half circle about 3 ceiling apart so wont need to watch the temps too much just need to figure out the right amount of fires for your biom

In some biome you can't do that saddly 😕
Like Desert or Tropical

But, anyway, in the future patch, juvenile tames won't be affected by temperature, so way easier, I wait the patch ^^

Edited by globytheoldpirate

Day 1 at tundra , 12 grills , 18 torches , the razor pair still cold even if it is 8'C

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2019 at 4:16 AM, globytheoldpirate said:

If you never tamed a razortooth, I made an app like dododex but for Atlas, a calculator that helps about taming, stats of your dino 🙂

That is absolutely phenom! I love how it calcs points when you're done, thanks so much! Been looking for something like dododex for a while now! Just give us a way to export for a library and this is the bomb  🙂

Day 2 : i changed location and redesign the pen a bit , the pair managed to mate during day , at 8(c) , due to how large the razor is i have to move her  so that she can receive more heats . With 10 grills and 16 torches the egg incubate normally without the need to turn on / off additional grill , temperature in Tundra is between minus 12 ( C ) and 10 (C) .

4F616629CA7CB381D5185CA6388C3A9B0FA4D785

Edited by kampfer91
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 10:16 AM, globytheoldpirate said:

Can you add a checkbox for the taming bonus you get from whales? Im missing that a little bit

1 hour ago, Introser said:

Can you add a checkbox for the taming bonus you get from whales? Im missing that a little bit

I will, with the bonus for musics as well. 

But I'll be in crunch the next 4 weeks in my study, so I can't work on that for now saddly 😕

But it's in plan. 

I'll add the crabe and the 2 next creatures before, within the week after the release of the patch I hope. 

But I can't give an ETA for now for the bonus from whale & musics.

All egg fully incubated and stop at 0.1% but i don't know if i should hatch it and see or wait for the May Mega update ........

What is the baby razor preferred temperature ?

Edited by kampfer91