Sign in to follow this  
Emrick09

Feeding carnivors

Good day,

How do you feed your carnivors without logging everyday? Isn’t there a way to take a break from the game for a few days?

If they dont move they didnt Need much Food. Few days wouldnt be a Problem without feeding i think.

they can last a good week without food,lower levels starve faster

I think most people would appreciate it if the troughs at least increased the decay timer by 4x just the same as the food larder does.  No reason for it not to.  In ARK, we cooked the meat, which increased the decay timer, and increased the size of the stack from 20 to 30, but the animals in Atlas don't seem to eat cooked meat, which doesn't seem right.  Just leave everything as it is and increase the trough decay timer by 4x like the Food Larder, and all should be good.

39 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I think most people would appreciate it if the troughs at least increased the decay timer by 4x just the same as the food larder does.  No reason for it not to.  In ARK, we cooked the meat, which increased the decay timer, and increased the size of the stack from 20 to 30, but the animals in Atlas don't seem to eat cooked meat, which doesn't seem right.  Just leave everything as it is and increase the trough decay timer by 4x like the Food Larder, and all should be good.

I agree about a decay timer like the larder. But, as it's been said, a few days of your tames not doing anything at all is totally fine. I'm currently on a long trip in game. I got a little worried today and this morning fast traveled back to base to check on my guys after maybe 5 days. Not even a quarter of their food stat was gone. Even the chickens (they actually had about 2x less food state gone and tamed at totally crap levels... because chickens).

A higher stack, at least on the meat, whouldn't be a bad thing. This was always annoying in ARK, too. The vegetarians were always set, but you've have to farm for the carnivores pretty regularly (even in solo play).

• Like 1

A crewmate got 200 food at the beginning. A tame about >800. Bigger tames up to >3500...8000.

So u see u don't have to ask for another decay timer of the through. Trough give around two days food, tames get another 3 days or way more.

So without skilling in food, your tames survive minimum a week or more near a through.

For your mates it's different. If u play on PvE it's gonna be helpful to increase only the food of your mates. Don't know how they skill em on pvp. Otherwise they starve after 18...20h.