Sign in to follow this  
DotRSA

The lights is on, but no one is home.

Don't waste time posting your concerns, crash reports, and bugs in the forums. Hundreds of posts gone by with no proper response from the developers.  I don't expect a proper in detail answer back but a "thanks, will look into it" would be nice from time to time.

How can the community be involve with this lack of communication.  Feedback is your key to success but you've failed every aspect of it.  You've let us down Grapeshot.

I've sailed my broken ship for a long time but I'm afraid we've reached the end.

Well... the guy created a post here about "hand harvesting skill is useless because we do "hand harvesting" just till 6th wood and after that using a tools".

Next day, with next patch, they change the skill so it affect tools harvesting too.

Edited by George Catcher

I think they read the posts,  but dont respond.

I agree they should atleast respond with a small "were aware" or "looking in to it"

But no feed back enrages already upset people. Which will result in less player base and or less reportes issues,because of the lack of responses 

4 minutes ago, EyEamInfidel said:

I think they read the posts,  but dont respond.

I agree they should atleast respond with a small "were aware" or "looking in to it"

But no feed back enrages already upset people. Which will result in less player base and or less reportes issues,because of the lack of responses 

I wouldn't reply to a topic if I was them either. it seems every time they reply to a post everyone then starts replying to that thread asking unrelated questions expecting an answer.

It would be nice if they replied, but let's face it there's alot more players than devs, they ARENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, they are game developers developing a game. 

I'm sure they want people to have fun playing their game, but I'll bet you couldn't read all the emails, messages, forum post, reddit post, game tickets, and discord messages they've received just yesterday in a whole week. 

I'm still not sure why everyone expects them to respond to "my boat flipped upside down" , with " here well spawn you 4 new boats so that you'll play still." 

If they did the tickets like in wow, there would be guides posted about how to get free shit from the devs, and they would mess up their game waay worse. 

1 hour ago, DotRSA said:

Don't waste time posting your concerns, crash reports, and bugs in the forums. Hundreds of posts gone by with no proper response from the developers.  I don't expect a proper in detail answer back but a "thanks, will look into it" would be nice from time to time.

How can the community be involve with this lack of communication.  Feedback is your key to success but you've failed every aspect of it.  You've let us down Grapeshot.

I've sailed my broken ship for a long time but I'm afraid we've reached the end.

The thing is, you don't really want the developers spending all their time on the forums chatting with everyone or no work will ever get done on the game. This is like going into a restaurant and complaining the cooks don't come out of the kitchen and talk to people. They're busy, ya know, cooking your food. It's extremely rare for any developer for any game to actually post on forums. They could probably use a few more CMs though. 

3 hours ago, Warspectre said:

The thing is, you don't really want the developers spending all their time on the forums chatting with everyone or no work will ever get done on the game. This is like going into a restaurant and complaining the cooks don't come out of the kitchen and talk to people. They're busy, ya know, cooking your food. It's extremely rare for any developer for any game to actually post on forums. They could probably use a few more CMs though. 

City of Heroes devs actually posted with some regularity on their forums and were even known to respond to pm’s if they weren’t in crunch time. But that is a very high bar to live up to imo. I agree more CM activity would probably be the better way to go. The problem is the number of people who don’t understand the difference between threads discussing actual issues that merit a response and threads table flipping because “ZOMG MAH GALLEONS SUNK IN TEH SHALLOWS! HAX!”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Warspectre said:

Nope sorry. The community manager isn’t coding. They have a community manager for a reason. Ced, for a good example is finally being very active with the community. Is it too late? Who knows. I am pretty sure that idiot jeremy wasn’t letting them be vocal for very specific reasons.

i am sure jat as well has his hands tied right now. I don’t have a problem with jat. He seems to do the best he can with what he can. The minute I heard Jesse and Jeremy came to grapeshot I knew this game was in trouble. If you guys don’t know it yet then oh well, I won’t bother arguing.

dont blame the community managers. They don’t have the final say. Except JEN, she is very unprofessional to say the very least. She is worthless 

10 hours ago, Realist said:

Nope sorry. The community manager isn’t coding. They have a community manager for a reason. Ced, for a good example is finally being very active with the community. Is it too late? Who knows. I am pretty sure that idiot jeremy wasn’t letting them be vocal for very specific reasons.

i am sure jat as well has his hands tied right now. I don’t have a problem with jat. He seems to do the best he can with what he can. The minute I heard Jesse and Jeremy came to grapeshot I knew this game was in trouble. If you guys don’t know it yet then oh well, I won’t bother arguing.

dont blame the community managers. They don’t have the final say. Except JEN, she is very unprofessional to say the very least. She is worthless 

I didn't say CMs were coding. I know the difference between devs and CMs, and if you actually read what I wrote you'd realize that. I was saying they need more CMs, so they can be on the forums/social media to interact with the community more. Because that's what CMs do...

And I'm not blaming anyone for anything, at least not in this thread, so not sure what you're on about. 

14 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

City of Heroes devs actually posted with some regularity on their forums and were even known to respond to pm’s if they weren’t in crunch time. But that is a very high bar to live up to imo. I agree more CM activity would probably be the better way to go. The problem is the number of people who don’t understand the difference between threads discussing actual issues that merit a response and threads table flipping because “ZOMG MAH GALLEONS SUNK IN TEH SHALLOWS! HAX!”

CoH was one of my favorite games, but yeah that's pretty rare for Devs to post, because when they do it's usually during their personal time.  

18 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

I didn't say CMs were coding. I know the difference between devs and CMs, and if you actually read what I wrote you'd realize that. I was saying they need more CMs, so they can be on the forums/social media to interact with the community more. Because that's what CMs do...

And I'm not blaming anyone for anything, at least not in this thread, so not sure what you're on about. 

CoH was one of my favorite games, but yeah that's pretty rare for Devs to post, because when they do it's usually during their personal time.  

Not really, more moderators to delete threads like this one, and cranky old shits like myself...

CM is not going to chit chat with you anyways, and if they do, that means they are not busy.

18 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Not really, more moderators to delete threads like this one, and cranky old shits like myself...

CM is not going to chit chat with you anyways, and if they do, that means they are not busy.

I think you're confusing moderators with CMs, which is understandable as sometimes those roles get blended together. Moderators are often unpaid volunteers from the community and just as often have little to no 'behind the curtains' insight.

CMs are paid and are actually employed by the company they represent to act as liaisons between the community and the developers. They're responsible for PR and will also have a good idea what's going on behind the scenes. 

This is generally speaking, of course. Ultimately their responsibilities are up to their employer.