cidran

BEST KNOWN HARVESTING LOCATIONS?

Hi, 

Just looking to get information across and shared. We live at O3, the island has plenty of resources, but sometimes we need massive amounts of mats and our island may come short on providing them. 

So, I’m making a thread to see if we can share the best farming regions on the map.

Our island is pretty good when it comes to wood, it has some bamboo, so the wood is pretty packed and we don't need to travel for that one. But we do need to travel for thatch, fiber and metal.

BEST KNOWN HARVESTING LOCATION (*to my company on O3)

• WOOD (softwood and wetwood), Bolmond Island

Softwood is pretty packed into some bamboo shaped trees (they are not bamboo), and elephant can get a few thousand wood in a few minutes, easy to get galleons when x2 is available as this wood is easy to harvest specially if you have the attack buff. The island is pretty tame too, just an eventual lion or wolf here an there. 

• THATCH (fronds) : A5, Millercona Chain.  

There is a little town by the big bay in the middle, inside the town you can easily get over 100,000 thatch  in less than 30 minutes, bring a bear and look for the leaves on the ground, it will get fiber and some wood as a bonus. It's lawless and has some buildings on it, so access may be blocked soon.

• FIBER (hemp): O4, Chelpids Reef.

This island is littered with fiber, a bear can easily get 100,000 fiber in just a few minutes, a friend and I did a 30 minute trip and got about 250,000 fiber, we lost about 100,000 due to a bug (game crashed while underwater, corpse vanished) but the effort was so low it didn't matter. 

• METAL (copper), Jamstino Enclave.

The island is lawless, it has lots of copper around the middle, we've setup a forge in the place to make thousands of ingots.

• METAL (tin, cobalt), D1, O1, A1.

We have seen that in general metal nodes are abundant in polar regions, lots of tin and cobalt, pretty useful if you are crafting cannon balls, since they usually have pretty good spots for coal and flint nearby. 

• GEMS (ruby), Livernia Chain.

In the middle of the island there are about 10 ruby nodes, each may give about 500 gems when harvested. 

Hope this information help if you are around the sector, and hope other people can share their harvest spots. 

- CID

Edited by cidran
title

thatch.......L9 southern island.....thousands of this weird stuff can be harvested with a bear from the beaches...(looks like little brown leaves)

i often pay a visit to grab the odd 100k of the stuff.

better and faster than a pick on a tree or a girraffe /nellie ect

Edited by hurricane moon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiily Mint said:

I know the tool, pretty handy way to know what I can get, but for example in my island I can get the same type of fiber that is available on O4, the thing is, in O4 I can get massive amounts pretty quickly. The idea of the post is to see if we can all get together and provide info on the best farming spots where you can easily take a 1 hour trip and come back with at leats 4 times more resources than with what you may get on your island. 

10 hours ago, hurricane moon said:

thatch.......L9 southern island.....thousands of this weird stuff can be harvested with a bear from the beaches...(looks like little brown leaves)

Nice one, those leaves rule, I have seen those on C5 as well. 

I5 - Tecumlinet Skerry has fields of jute (fibre), very fast to get 100k with a bear.

I5 - Shipwreck Island has scores of iridium nodes, constructed paths up to the mountain tops means we use 6k weight elephants and a pick when we need metal.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

I5 - Tecumlinet Skerry has fields of jute (fibre), very fast to get 100k with a bear.

I5 - Shipwreck Island has scores of iridium nodes, constructed paths up to the mountain tops means we use 6k weight elephants and a pick when we need metal.

Nice, we were looking for Iridium :3 

1 hour ago, cidran said:

F10.  Menberry Island has fields of pure iridium up on mountains. The sw corner has a ramp up to it.  Even has crystal in same spot for easier alloy production.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cidran said:

J11. SE and S of Ellingleche Archipelago we have ramps up to tons of it.

We also have crystal, coal, and salt.

• Thanks 1

Well b7 brimincona has beaches and mountains full of cobalt and graphite literally thousands of nodes about the size of a coconut. If you need cannonballs and lots of them go there. Also salt is 1 square south for making the ingots so head there first if your making weapons or anything that needs ingots. It's the big square looking island.

Edited by seruum
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, hurricane moon said:

What type of Thatch are you talking about?  General thatch?  Roots, reeds, fronds, etc.?  I assume fronds as fronds are an equatorial and temperate material.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:44 PM, Jean said:

What type of Thatch are you talking about?  General thatch?  Roots, reeds, fronds, etc.?  I assume fronds as fronds are an equatorial and temperate material.

Leaf are normally rushes mate.

Edited by seruum
  • Thanks 2

L11 has crazy amounts of hemp. H5 bonabalt isle has copper, crystals and nitride, and J10 has honey.

• Thanks 1

Bottom left island on C10 has

Tons of silver,  couple cobalt nodes, strongwood,lightwood, hemp, limestone, rushes, fronds, reeds, 

Cows, pigs,sheep, Elephant's and giraffe's 

Occasional tigers 

Edited by EyEamInfidel
  • Thanks 1

That site is useless cant even update it even if you sign up...oh donate more money.,..

On 5/15/2019 at 12:36 AM, Luxfere said:

That site is useless cant even update it even if you sign up...oh donate more money.,..

You can report your findings via discord, the admins there are very helpfull.

B9 largest island, Cobalt is on ground, small rocks but dense so you can fill a galley with a rhino in 10-15 minutes 

EU PVE we have a port setup on east side small beach (narrow brown line) look for the stone dock. Once you make landfall follow the cliff side around to the right, Cobalt for days.

• Thanks 1

N1 northeast island has tons of tin and cobalt. Cobalt cobalt is in small silver rocks and tin is dark brown and slightly bigger

5 hours ago, KIRITO88 said:

N1 northeast island has tons of tin and cobalt. Cobalt cobalt is in small silver rocks and tin is dark brown and slightly bigger

While it's good to know not just where things are, but where good quantities are, this topic was started before the last wipe and a lot of locations are different. (my entry above for example, it's now a freeport)

You would be best served starting a new topic for this.

D11 Sherroood island more iron than 4 animals can carry and all nodes are marked. Wetwood rushes, 3rd island the top on left 

C9 misfit isle cobalt, highwood, strongwood, rushed, fronds, honey, all nodes are marked bottom right land 

D14 bottom left has softwood, cotton  and roots 

But looking for good places near the above to find tin darkwood and ironwood as well as silk, straw bamboo. 

Spending a whole week gathering all the resources because u have to sail have way around the world one way and half way another makes it tough especially when there are only 3 players left in ur company. 

Edited by Childlesss MOther