Sign in to follow this  
Tjogen

Connecting to the game.

Hey there i have had some trouble with connecting to atlas with the PrimalGameData_BP being stuck there and nothing happens.
This is what i have done.
1. restared computer several times

2. Uninstalled battle eye and installed

3. Tried to run the game as admin

4. Waited for over 10 min. Sometimes ill get " Session timed out"

5. also tried to reduce the setting to very low.

I am playing on the mobile, i don't know if that is the issue here..

I got an 1060 and 18 gig ram. Also an intel 7 so should't be an problem as far as the game goes.

Would be so happy for any reply that could help me 😞 I do enjoy this game so much but trying for hours to get into it is abit of a hassle

Are you on EU server ?

Usually this happen when the whole server turn very lag , i still don't know if this kind of lag happen individually or everyone cus my company mate also have that problem but some have none .

Anyways , when server turn every lag and you can't even move , if you log out or disconnect via moving between grid , tough luck , you won't be able to log back in until the server become stable again .

Some suggest switching between world server but i found it hardly help , i usually wait for several mins (15 mins + ) till i successfully log back in .

Im on an EU server yeah. But its just so weird how i can't even get into the game while my friend can 😕

I play on NA servers and since the NA server came back up, when I go to log in it just sits there then gives the message of a host time out, I hit the rejoin button and go straight into the game.

Not sure what has caused this but I’m hoping that the recent hardware upgrades will help resolve this.

1 hour ago, Daemon Cross said:

I play on NA servers and since the NA server came back up, when I go to log in it just sits there then gives the message of a host time out, I hit the rejoin button and go straight into the game.

Not sure what has caused this but I’m hoping that the recent hardware upgrades will help resolve this.

Also on NA PVP. I have two friends who live in the same house that this happens to consistently. Host timeout every time they attempt to join, then on the second attempt they log in. This NEVER happens to me. We live in the same city not even a mile from each other. I believe this is a network setup issue. I have not looked into their problem yet but I am sure it is at their router in their configuration. Going to look into it this weekend probably.

Post some information if you figure out anything, I was thinking it had something to do with playing in the PTR because I never had the issue prior to that.

I have had the "second attempt" issue for a long time.  I'm pretty sure it started prior to the PTR.    Once I realized I could always kill the task and get in on the second try, I didn't troubleshoot it any further.  Could be my laptop, could be my network, could be steam (and I saw a couple hints in that direction, I think), could be the game or the net connection to the game.  A few times, if there was a patch, it would download both times.

Too many components involved make troubleshooting a pita, so as long as I'm always getting in on the second go-round, I won't spend the time to mess with it.

5 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Post some information if you figure out anything, I was thinking it had something to do with playing in the PTR because I never had the issue prior to that.

Will do. 

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

I have had the "second attempt" issue for a long time.  I'm pretty sure it started prior to the PTR.    Once I realized I could always kill the task and get in on the second try, I didn't troubleshoot it any further.  Could be my laptop, could be my network, could be steam (and I saw a couple hints in that direction, I think), could be the game or the net connection to the game.  A few times, if there was a patch, it would download both times.

Too many components involved make troubleshooting a pita, so as long as I'm always getting in on the second go-round, I won't spend the time to mess with it.

I was an IT tech and IT manager for multiple million dollar companies before I got sick. I will happily track down things like this, I actually enjoy doing such things. My friends are not very tech oriented and they just let at&t drop a stock modem into their house all preconfigured. I will figure out what is happening. They have had a couple other strange network things which also leads me to believe it is a router setup/network issue. Again this never happens to me. When one of the computers of theirs was here at my house (I built the comps for them), it also never happened here on the same machine. 

1 hour ago, SIEGEGUN said:

I was an IT tech and IT manager for multiple million dollar companies before I got sick. I will happily track down things like this, I actually enjoy doing such things. My friends are not very tech oriented and they just let at&t drop a stock modem into their house all preconfigured. I will figure out what is happening. They have had a couple other strange network things which also leads me to believe it is a router setup/network issue. Again this never happens to me. When one of the computers of theirs was here at my house (I built the comps for them), it also never happened here on the same machine. 

I did something like that for so many years I never want to look at it again.  Oh sure, if there's an error that fires some neuron locked away behind the HORRIBLE -WORK - DON'T LOOK IN HERE door,  I might take a quick stab at it to see if my guess was right.  Other than that, I view these situations about the same as finding a slug in my salad.

• Haha 1

I'm the same way.  Engineer for a large company and if something goes wrong at home I walk out of the room and do something else.  I'm off work damnit!  Just work!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

I did something like that for so many years I never want to look at it again.  Oh sure, if there's an error that fires some neuron locked away behind the HORRIBLE -WORK - DON'T LOOK IN HERE door,  I might take a quick stab at it to see if my guess was right.  Other than that, I view these situations about the same as finding a slug in my salad.

11 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I'm the same way.  Engineer for a large company and if something goes wrong at home I walk out of the room and do something else.  I'm off work damnit!  Just work!

I now have a chronic degenerative disease with complications. I don't work anymore. Perhaps someday again if I can stabilize better and find a niche. My days of flying around the world for work are done. I was a workoholic I lived for my job before this, so I get bored now. Stuff like this problem gives me something to do and fix which I love to do. I loved what I did, was a robotics repair tech for the same company as well. Computers were my hobby before I even went into them as a career, so even "off work" I would work on them and play with them, I just enjoy working on them and respective technologies associated with them. Work or not I am passionate about them, still a huge hobby of mine. Still love playing with robotics as well. 

On 5/7/2019 at 4:32 AM, Tjogen said:

Hey there i have had some trouble with connecting to atlas with the PrimalGameData_BP being stuck there and nothing happens.
This is what i have done.
1. restared computer several times

2. Uninstalled battle eye and installed

3. Tried to run the game as admin

4. Waited for over 10 min. Sometimes ill get " Session timed out"

5. also tried to reduce the setting to very low.

I am playing on the mobile, i don't know if that is the issue here..

I got an 1060 and 18 gig ram. Also an intel 7 so should't be an problem as far as the game goes.

Would be so happy for any reply that could help me 😞 I do enjoy this game so much but trying for hours to get into it is abit of a hassle

Your issue is not hardware, your computer specs are good as far as the game itself goes. Define "playing on the mobile", do you mean your using a mobile phone connection? 

Laptop is a mobile, at least that’s what I’m guessing they are referring to. I also play on a laptop.

3 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Laptop is a mobile, at least that’s what I’m guessing they are referring to. I also play on a laptop.

I am not sure as they say in a further post they need to get fiber line. That's why I was asking for clarification. A laptop or a desktop is immaterial as long as they are above spec for the game. If they are connecting via a mobile phone or mobile hotspot, that could be a problem depending on the carrier, what they allow, what they do not allow and possible firewall settings. I have played Eve online via a mobile hotspot years ago and I did not have issues, but not all carriers are alike.

Thanks everyone for answear it seems like its my 4G network connection that is abit bad sometimes. 

19 hours ago, Tjogen said:

Thanks everyone for answear it seems like its my 4G network connection that is abit bad sometimes. 

No problem. If you get some type of land line and still have issues just let the forum know.