Jump to content

PSA to Xbox players regarding low FPS Read more... ×
Unable to gain experience points in Freeports? Read more... ×
uli

Devs please rethink the sub locked behind kraken

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, UDO said:

lotus u need to stop posting here as these kind of discussions do not concern you as you are in a larger mega company that has  done / can everthing the game has to offer in your large company , this thread is about locking content away from solo and smaller companys so your opinion in this matter doesnt really count 

 

the devs have stated they want the game to be set towards all group sizes yet so far all end game content unless glitched or cheesed  is only doable in the correct way by large companys , the game has at this time no in game group finder to find similar like minded group to do the content at any given time , the devs want this game to flourish they need to start looking at the the player base that makes up the majority which contrary to what u megas think isnt you .

if they insist on making the content the way it is then there needs to be a fluid group finder system implemented into the game mmo = massive multiplayer . nothing massive about the game unless u include megas egos which are constantly bring stoked by the devs adding content designed around them 

 

 

 

You are attacking the fact that I am in a larger tribe but have not been able to change the fact that the sub is just a better version of the dive suit. You talk about end game content like you have done it but we decided to go kraken 2.0 first week which meant we had to divide who does what. We had a guy build a brig then sail around for the first 2 days collecting all the powerstones sometimes we helped sometimes he soloed them. The 9 essence are not locked behind kraken and were acquired with a dive suit on a schooner. The kraken 1.0 is soloable. I will break this down simpler because I put it every post and it seems to go over your head. 1 (skilled) person on 1 (BP) boat can kill kraken 1.0 and unlock the sub. A group of FIVE can easily take down 1.0. So how small of a group do you want to be able to do kraken?

The group finder is the forums and word of mouth. When people found out we were doing the kraken last week over 100 people messaged me another 50 messages my officers. Of those people a group of 3ish saw that we raided at NA times and I let them know we were going to set up a EU time. This group took the initiative and set up a run which had 115 people show up today to kill 1.0. So there's groups, they look for people, the problem is people don't know how to utilize the forums or even the in game chat to find people running the kraken. There's actually a lot of interest in it and 100 people is super overkill for the fight. I will say it again 5 people easily can do it. The fight itself is soloable.

 

As for the content being designed for megas it's actually not. The content is too easy which is why a lot of the game's good players quit. I am going to be 100% honest with you on this and I don't want you to take it the wrong way. Unofficial has servers that give you 10x and have everything unlocked which might be more the speed you are looking for. MMO generally means you have to play with multiple people the content is designed to for a lot of people. The PvE content is going to be geared for 40-80 people to engage in massive battles based on what the developers talked about before it's release of EA. As it stands right now it's nowhere near that hard.

~Lotus

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Lotus I disagree with you, I do not believe the sub should be locked behind the kraken fight at all. The content should be there for everyone, this is not an MMO it never will be, this is a survival game. not an mmo. this is not runescape or WOW, its leveling model and content locks should not at all be tailored to content like the kraken.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
蓮花是我們的領導者,他是偉人。他經營著一大群人,他的命令已經完成

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lotus said:

You are attacking the fact that I am in a larger tribe but have not been able to change the fact that the sub is just a better version of the dive suit. You talk about end game content like you have done it but we decided to go kraken 2.0 first week which meant we had to divide who does what. We had a guy build a brig then sail around for the first 2 days collecting all the powerstones sometimes we helped sometimes he soloed them. The 9 essence are not locked behind kraken and were acquired with a dive suit on a schooner. The kraken 1.0 is soloable. I will break this down simpler because I put it every post and it seems to go over your head. 1 (skilled) person on 1 (BP) boat can kill kraken 1.0 and unlock the sub. A group of FIVE can easily take down 1.0. So how small of a group do you want to be able to do kraken?

The group finder is the forums and word of mouth. When people found out we were doing the kraken last week over 100 people messaged me another 50 messages my officers. Of those people a group of 3ish saw that we raided at NA times and I let them know we were going to set up a EU time. This group took the initiative and set up a run which had 115 people show up today to kill 1.0. So there's groups, they look for people, the problem is people don't know how to utilize the forums or even the in game chat to find people running the kraken. There's actually a lot of interest in it and 100 people is super overkill for the fight. I will say it again 5 people easily can do it. The fight itself is soloable.

 

As for the content being designed for megas it's actually not. The content is too easy which is why a lot of the game's good players quit. I am going to be 100% honest with you on this and I don't want you to take it the wrong way. Unofficial has servers that give you 10x and have everything unlocked which might be more the speed you are looking for. MMO generally means you have to play with multiple people the content is designed to for a lot of people. The PvE content is going to be geared for 40-80 people to engage in massive battles based on what the developers talked about before it's release of EA. As it stands right now it's nowhere near that hard.

~Lotus

 unofficial isn't what people are after , official is the game the devs are designing , of course the content is easy for your comapany  being in a mega tribe , i see there are unofficial  is the answer that people eventually resort to when they are arguing against changes ,

as for group finder being forums and word of mouth what sort of MMO game design is that ? the whole point of this game is for as many players as possible up to 40k per server tp be able to play this game , without a proper group finder this game wont ever go anywhere as you and i and other know smaller companys and solos make up the largest player base in these games, 

either content continues to be designed for large group and a decent group finder is implemented to make this viable , or the content needs to be designed for small / solo players , this game will go nowhere as long as there is only content designed for larger groups ,with content locked behind said content without a group finder for one off adventures and quests 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Donna Pulsen said:

Sorry Lotus I disagree with you, I do not believe the sub should be locked behind the kraken fight at all. The content should be there for everyone, this is not an MMO it never will be, this is a survival game. not an mmo. this is not runescape or WOW, its leveling model and content locks should not at all be tailored to content like the kraken.

Devs explained the direction they are aiming for is to make the game more like WoW for grouping and daily quests. As for the MMO aspect it's actually not classified as a single player game so you HAVE to play it with other people is the principle. https://gyazo.com/65000e576747ec544f93b156b08afc41

So it should be tailored that if you don't play with other players you are limited to a small fraction of the game.

25 minutes ago, UDO said:

 unofficial isn't what people are after , official is the game the devs are designing , of course the content is easy for your comapany  being in a mega tribe , i see there are unofficial  is the answer that people eventually resort to when they are arguing against changes ,

as for group finder being forums and word of mouth what sort of MMO game design is that ? the whole point of this game is for as many players as possible up to 40k per server tp be able to play this game , without a proper group finder this game wont ever go anywhere as you and i and other know smaller companys and solos make up the largest player base in these games, 

either content continues to be designed for large group and a decent group finder is implemented to make this viable , or the content needs to be designed for small / solo players , this game will go nowhere as long as there is only content designed for larger groups ,with content locked behind said content without a group finder for one off adventures and quests 

 

Unofficial has the changes you want which is for solo players. So why would you not just play on the server that has the changes you want? As for the smaller companies being the majority the Lotus alliance spans about 500 active players. To put that in a simpler number that is 25% of the EU-PvE which is roughly 1/8 the total playerbase. We are 1 tribe there's 5 other tribes I would call megas on EU. So I don't know where you got this solos are the majority thing.

I will say it again the current content is not designed for some massive amount of people. It feels like 5 so I don't know how easy the game needs to be to make you happy.

~Lotus

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lotus said:

Devs explained the direction they are aiming for is to make the game more like WoW for grouping and daily quests. As for the MMO aspect it's actually not classified as a single player game so you HAVE to play it with other people is the principle. https://gyazo.com/65000e576747ec544f93b156b08afc41

So it should be tailored that if you don't play with other players you are limited to a small fraction of the game.

Unofficial has the changes you want which is for solo players. So why would you not just play on the server that has the changes you want? As for the smaller companies being the majority the Lotus alliance spans about 500 active players. To put that in a simpler number that is 25% of the EU-PvE which is roughly 1/8 the total playerbase. We are 1 tribe there's 5 other tribes I would call megas on EU. So I don't know where you got this solos are the majority thing.

I will say it again the current content is not designed for some massive amount of people. It feels like 5 so I don't know how easy the game needs to be to make you happy.

~Lotus

it shouldn't be tailored so that smaller companies and solos only get to play / experience a smaller percentage of the game than mega company's ,where do u get your thoughts from? the devs are developing a game to make money they won't make as much as they could be having a game where the largest amount of players cannot experience the game to its fullest without cheesing or glitching content.

again unofficials are not the game the devs are developing they are there for players that want everything handed to them , no one in this thread has ever said they want everything handed to them so your old very boring argument of go unnoficial is mute in this thread, un officials are akin to cheating in a game ,

i will say again as u seem to ignoring the main point , solo players and small company unless using external clunky systems are excluded from now and possibly even further down development line game content , the devs need to add more in game social options to give these players the ability to group and do the content without resorting to forums and hoping for replies and discord again not everyone who plays this uses it ,,or the content needs to be tailored to the majority , 

500 members does not mean you are the largest players base , it means u have a large company nothing more and very unlikely all 500 are playing at the same time , and if the game is catering just to large companys  then enjoy playing it on your own if things dont change , 

p.s we all know what an mmo is doesnt mean groups it means lots of players playing the game on one or many servers ....so linking the game description means nothing 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UDO said:

it shouldn't be tailored so that smaller companies and solos only get to play / experience a smaller percentage of the game than mega company's ,where do u get your thoughts from? the devs are developing a game to make money they won't make as much as they could be having a game where the largest amount of players cannot experience the game to its fullest without cheesing or glitching content.

again unofficials are not the game the devs are developing they are there for players that want everything handed to them , no one in this thread has ever said they want everything handed to them so your old very boring argument of go unnoficial is mute in this thread, un officials are akin to cheating in a game ,

i will say again as u seem to ignoring the main point , solo players and small company unless using external clunky systems are excluded from now and possibly even further down development line game content , the devs need to add more in game social options to give these players the ability to group and do the content without resorting to forums and hoping for replies and discord again not everyone who plays this uses it ,,or the content needs to be tailored to the majority , 

500 members does not mean you are the largest players base , it means u have a large company nothing more and very unlikely all 500 are playing at the same time , and if the game is catering just to large companys  then enjoy playing it on your own if things dont change , 

p.s we all know what an mmo is doesnt mean groups it means lots of players playing the game on one or many servers ....so linking the game description means nothing 

I will ask this in a series of questions because I don't understand where your information comes from.

Where do you get that solo's are the largest amount of players?

What glitches/cheese are you talking about?

Yes the ingame social tools need work. The majority do not use the forums but they do use discord. Again where are you getting your statistics?

Lotus is not the biggest playerbase. Lotus is 1 tribe and a crapload of allies (even the allies I can't ally are allies cause the rules are dumb). When you say megas though I don't like doing it but I guess I fall into that category at this point. A larger tribe in this game is about 20+ total members when I say that I mean 20 TOTAL not online at once. A medium tribe is 10-19, a small tribe is 3-9, then you have duo's and solos.

The description does not say it is a solo player game. So by saying I want the game to be easier for solo players you are saying I want this game to be something it is not.

How many people do you think you need to do the powerstones and kraken?

What content does the sub give access to that you can not get with a divesuit?

I believe if you can answer these questions we could have a better understanding of each others point of view.

~Lotus

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lotus said:

 

The description does not say it is a solo player game. So by saying I want the game to be easier for solo players you are saying I want this game to be something it is not.

How many people do you think you need to do the powerstones and kraken?

What content does the sub give access to that you can not get with a divesuit?

I believe if you can answer these questions we could have a better understanding of each others point of view.

~Lotus

I'm not the person you're addressing here, but it just seems to me that you are in the happy position of being able to get special benefits in the game because the devs so far have catered to your playstyle.  I don't know about Udo, but I know that the rest of us would just like equal treatment.  That doesn't mean dumbing down large raids, bosses and prizes so that 1 person can do them all, but it may mean starting to provide accomplishment levels for other things that you're not so interested in.   If it happens, there will be things in the game that you won't get and you won't accomplish because they are just not your thing.  

If they extend the crafting and taming trees so everybody can't easily reach max on them, and have crafting/taming "quests" in the same way they have boss mob quests with the prize being a new zone on the map only the winners can enter, containing exclusive bps and animals, then the people who spend their time doing raids and boss mobs probably won't get those.  And then people like me would be posting about how they shouldn't be made easy mode so anyone can do them, and the boss mob people will be saying they have no chance at the new map zone because they can't put that many points into crafting.  But at least then everybody would have a high level accomplishment they could shoot for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I'm not the person you're addressing here, but it just seems to me that you are in the happy position of being able to get special benefits in the game because the devs so far have catered to your playstyle.  I don't know about Udo, but I know that the rest of us would just like equal treatment.  That doesn't mean dumbing down large raids, bosses and prizes so that 1 person can do them all, but it may mean starting to provide accomplishment levels for other things that you're not so interested in.   If it happens, there will be things in the game that you won't get and you won't accomplish because they are just not your thing.  

If they extend the crafting and taming trees so everybody can't easily reach max on them, and have crafting/taming "quests" in the same way they have boss mob quests with the prize being a new zone on the map only the winners can enter, containing exclusive bps and animals, then the people who spend their time doing raids and boss mobs probably won't get those.  And then people like me would be posting about how they shouldn't be made easy mode so anyone can do them, and the boss mob people will be saying they have no chance at the new map zone because they can't put that many points into crafting.  But at least then everybody would have a high level accomplishment they could shoot for.

I believe that breeding imprint should have 1-2 charges that are tribal so you can do stuff without commiting X days to breeding for a perfect imprint. Also the meat needs to have something done to it because breeding a carnivore batch is awful in terms of trough maintenance.

I would love to see the game have more branches of content and quests for the different trees.

As far as the trees go for points we recently had a discussion about this in tribe. My max level is 116 right now. Jat even said I'm OP! SENPAI HAS ACKNOWLEDGED ME!!! jk anyway with that I would have just about every tree unlocked but I don't expect many to reach that (this includes myself). When we were a tribe of about 10-15 I would have people call out what tree they were going to max and they would be our cannon guy or our shipwright. This was also before they changed all the max level stuff and increased your total points. Being locked out of trees was frustrating but having more people helped. So by joining up with more people it made the game substantially easier in terms of getting stuff done.

IMO the game needs to be made more difficult because it's just too easy.

~Lotus

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least make it so anything locked behind a raid encounter rewards people who where involved even if the died. I died twice 30 seconds before the kraken died once in hard mode and last night on easy mode, and I haven't gotten credit for either kill. This is the only game I have played where a raid type event rewards the people alive at the end only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lotus said:

 

IMO the game needs to be made more difficult because it's just too easy.

~Lotus

I agree, somewhat.  There's always going to be a couple people who can do everything, but the majority won't.  If they would increase the skill trees and do some hard mode quests for them, even OP people wouldn't have all the skills, and many of them might not want to do all the quests.  Hard mode for crafting skills can involve more time than some of the fighter types want to put in.  Some people won't want to wait for a mat spawn that only happens once every 2 weeks and takes a good bit of sailing to go get, or play RNG bingo with BPs  or breeding animals.  I don't like to learn min/max fighting tactics and go through the whole getting a big group together thing, but I'm perfectly happy to do a quest that I know is going to take me 2 or 3 months to complete that progresses slowly.  Hell, I'm trying to build some things now, that I really want to look good, and have demolished everything and started again about 15 times so far.  Some people just make a stone box and go on about their business killing things and making gold.

I think the complaints about the sub are coming more from the lack of anything hard and rewarding to do for crafters, tamers, builders, explorers, and traders, more than the idea that everybody just wants everything easy enough for them to do.  So far, the devs don't show any signs of rewarding anybody else, so it gets discouraging.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Recon said:

At least make it so anything locked behind a raid encounter rewards people who where involved even if the died. I died twice 30 seconds before the kraken died once in hard mode and last night on easy mode, and I haven't gotten credit for either kill. This is the only game I have played where a raid type event rewards the people alive at the end only.

Jeez, you died dude- get over it. What is this participation trophy crap? Same reason people are on here crying about the sub. Get over your entitlement syndrome, go actually do something and get rewarded for it. You would rather work harder crying on here to get the sub than do it in the game.

Its really about time you whiners grew a pair and quit ruining the game trying to change it to compensate for your incompetence.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol how is that crying? It was a suggestion. Relax champ

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Jeez, you died dude- get over it. What is this participation trophy crap? Same reason people are on here crying about the sub. Get over your entitlement syndrome, go actually do something and get rewarded for it. You would rather work harder crying on here to get the sub than do it in the game.

Its really about time you whiners grew a pair and quit ruining the game trying to change it to compensate for your incompetence.

its not about getting items for free , solo and small companys still want to work towards getting items that are in game now and later in development , there needs to be a way for small . solo players to obtain the same things as megas even if it means more time invested compared to larger companys , to help this the devs need to be thinking about adding in game group finders , forums are too slow , post to ask for people for x day at x time then wait for hours / days for replies , discord same ask and ask wait for reply , with a good in game group finder, players click player looking for help with  X or want more players for X , the devs want this to be a MMo it is, but only so far as lots of players in same game , make a way for all these players to connect IN GAME ., for end game content , relying on systems outside the game is just lazy game development 

 

p.s im small company but i still do the content powerstone / kraken etc , im only trying to help it be easier to group for others to do the end game content , if not then the devs need to stop locking content behind all the end game 

Edited by UDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no shortage of groups looking for more players. If you choose to play solo or in that small of a group that you cant do some of these things then that is your choice.

It is not up to the devs to redesign a game around bad decisions. Right now we have hardly anyone playing at the moment because the wipe decimated our group, that is our issue not a locked content issue. We have two choices right now and neither of them is complaining to give us what others are working hard to accomplish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

There is no shortage of groups looking for more players. If you choose to play solo or in that small of a group that you cant do some of these things then that is your choice.

It is not up to the devs to redesign a game around bad decisions. Right now we have hardly anyone playing at the moment because the wipe decimated our group, that is our issue not a locked content issue. We have two choices right now and neither of them is complaining to give us what others are working hard to accomplish.

its up to the devs to ensure their game appeals to more than just niche groups , adding a group finder into the game isnt exactly redesigning anything , its simple mmo game design , grouping up has been a staple of mmos since their inception, so how this was over looked in a game that is / was meant to handle 40k players per server is astounding to say the least , if they continue to add content for large groups only  this game wont go much further imo .

players dont  want easy mode content but they do want options in an mmo that allows easy group matching / finding for said content if they so desire to enable access to the all the game has to offer 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

There is no shortage of groups looking for more players. If you choose to play solo or in that small of a group that you cant do some of these things then that is your choice.

It is not up to the devs to redesign a game around bad decisions. Right now we have hardly anyone playing at the moment because the wipe decimated our group, that is our issue not a locked content issue. We have two choices right now and neither of them is complaining to give us what others are working hard to accomplish.

The other problem was they wiped and we were supposed to get all kinds of stuff but there's trenches which basically just introduced crab taming and a find the new pillar for actual content. Kraken 2.0 was lackluster in difficulty. So as far as my tribe goes we have the same problem we had in Early February which is waiting for something to do. Our current plan is breed chickens then fight them to the death. -_-

@Nutcutt3r I am going to assume you are decently progressed in this game. How many people do you feel it takes to do Kraken 1.0?

 

@UDO What content is locked behind endgame? Calling the sub content is like saying the Phoenix mount from Tempest Keep is content.

 

~Lotus

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lotus said:

The other problem was they wiped and we were supposed to get all kinds of stuff but there's trenches which basically just introduced crab taming and a find the new pillar for actual content. Kraken 2.0 was lackluster in difficulty. So as far as my tribe goes we have the same problem we had in Early February which is waiting for something to do. Our current plan is breed chickens then fight them to the death. -_-

@Nutcutt3r I am going to assume you are decently progressed in this game. How many people do you feel it takes to do Kraken 1.0?

 

@UDO What content is locked behind endgame? Calling the sub content is like saying the Phoenix mount from Tempest Keep is content.

 

~Lotus

 .the sub is locked behind end game  it is by definition content for the game ,doesn't matter if its a dungeon , if it's a new gun , if its new food for taming its all content, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lotus said:

@Nutcutt3r I am going to assume you are decently progressed in this game. How many people do you feel it takes to do Kraken 1.0?

Could not tell you, have never done it. As I said we are a small group, we joined a larger one but most have not come back after the wipe. Perhaps you would like to join up and do it together? All I know is the sub would be a lot more fun achieving it than it being given away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UDO said:

 .the sub is locked behind end game  it is by definition content for the game ,doesn't matter if its a dungeon , if it's a new gun , if its new food for taming its all content, 

In that mindset why not remove levels because skills and stats are locked behind them and not everybody can get to a point where they get everything. At that point it's a whole new game though. I agree with what nut said where you are just wanting them to compensate people for making poor choices.

~Lotus

2 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Could not tell you, have never done it. As I said we are a small group, we joined a larger one but most have not come back after the wipe. Perhaps you would like to join up and do it together? All I know is the sub would be a lot more fun achieving it than it being given away.

I run kraken every week on EU-PvE if you want to come.I ask people bring a ship capable of killing stuff.

~Lotus

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lotus said:

In that mindset why not remove levels because skills and stats are locked behind them and not everybody can get to a point where they get everything. At that point it's a whole new game though. I agree with what nut said where you are just wanting them to compensate people for making poor choices.

~Lotus

I run kraken every week on EU-PvE if you want to come.I ask people bring a ship capable of killing stuff.

~Lotus

what has explaining what content is got to do with giving things away , noone at all in this thread has said that once that they want things given away ?

skills are not locked behind end game bosses , lvl are not locked behind end game bosses ,you are just making stuff up now 

everyone can get to the point they have everything with enough time invested ,and if they can get a group which the game doesnt make it easy too do within the game 

Edited by UDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, UDO said:

everyone can get to the point they have everything with enough time invested ,and if they can get a group which the game doesnt make it easy too do within the game 

Exactly so changing how to unlock the sub isn't the issue being able to find a few more people would be the issue. They can make a place that says I am going to run X content on Y day and I am looking for Z more people.

~Lotus

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Where is the forum thread ppl post in to kill the Kraken?

I would make a post on the PvE or PvP forum saying you are interested and somebody should contact you.

~Lotus

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so, i know lotus is getting a lot of flak, which he shouldn't. Its not that hard for smaller/solo companies to get in a bigger alliance on pve. Hell, Blood Templar, brought one galley to the world first kill with lotus company. Be social and stop bitching. its an MMO. For people who dont know what that means MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER. make friends, be social. Joining alliances are helpful on pve for this exactly reason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×