uli

Devs please rethink the sub locked behind kraken

17 hours ago, mizunami said:

so, i know lotus is getting a lot of flak, which he shouldn't. Its not that hard for smaller/solo companies to get in a bigger alliance on pve. Hell, Blood Templar, brought one galley to the world first kill with lotus company. Be social and stop bitching. its an MMO. For people who dont know what that means MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER. make friends, be social. Joining alliances are helpful on pve for this exactly reason. 

The problem isn't that people are unsociable the game is missing what has been a standard in mmo for ever, in game group finder, having to rely on a forum for event organisation is pretty poor .

Lazy game design to not have included an ingame group finder in a game advertised as an mmo, more so one of this magnitude with the huge area the game covers and the potential player base,

The game.covers a huge amount of servers the ability  to set options lfg inside an in-game groupfinder for a certain event be it powerstones, kraken, and future dungeons and have it available to all grids is not that bad  of a request it would certainly help the smallest of company's and even the larger ones could use it to offer help for the smaller companies,

players need to stop with the its an mmo argument go make friends be sociable ,players are the game just doesn't have system in place for a proper mmo  to make this smoother 

Edited by uli

47 minutes ago, uli said:

The problem isn't that people are unsociable the game is missing what has been a standard in mmo for ever, in game group finder, having to rely on a forum for event organisation is pretty poor .

Lazy game design to not have included an ingame group finder in a game advertised as an mmo, more so one of this magnitude with the huge area the game covers and the potential player base,

The game.covers a huge amount of servers the ability  to set options lfg inside an in-game groupfinder for a certain event be it powerstones, kraken, and future dungeons and have it available to all grids is not that bad  of a request it would certainly help the smallest of company's and even the larger ones could use it to offer help for the smaller companies,

players need to stop with the its an mmo argument go make friends be sociable ,players are the game just doesn't have system in place for a proper mmo  to make this smoother 

On paper a group finder is simple. I agree the game needs one but it's still early access. The other problem with a group finder in this game is how do you determine loot drops? What happens when somebody comes in with full mythic gear and somebody else comes in with prim gear the guy with mythic gear dies and then the guy with prim gear steals it? How would you advertise without leaving yourself vulnerable to griefers? So they need to design a bunch of protections to these problems while doing so with the technology they have available. These questions spin off more questions which lead to more problems which need more solutions.

There's also an allocation of resources in terms of programmers. So do they work on a LFG to replace finding people on the forums/discord OR do they make it so when I click a bed I don't get a green/white screen? Right now you can find people it's just not as easy as clicking a button in game.

~Lotus

• Like 2

On 5/10/2019 at 11:15 PM, UDO said:

The sub is just a better version of the dive suit

The sub is just a better version of the dive suit? They are considerably different. A diving suit offers no protection from the dangerous oceanic wildlife and yields an obscene detriment to a player's vision. Although it stands to be confirmed, I suspect that the submarine will offer an unlimited supply of oxygen while it remains powered. The submarine is NOT just something prettier or faster...it is diametrically different in regards to protections and the quality of life for the player employing it.

As the game stands now, players do NOT have to have a large group to earn the right to build and use any of the tiered gear/structures, why is it that players need to have an army to acquire the knowledge of the submarine, pray tell?

It up to the devs how they allocate their resources but a group finder is needed 

As for how do you stop your body being looted if you die, easy disable looting of other players bodies on pve, pvp you come back and smash the thieves after all pvp is played by players who want to pvp which includes all risks that game style entails .

Stopping griefers Is not really a problem.in pve They can't kill you or attack your ships so it's a non issue, pvp make sure you are prepped for the worst. See above 

Allocating loot Do we know there will be any in dungeon or caves or will it just be similar to the quests we have now go in kill x and collect a buff , or if there is loot  reach end get gold /reward chest maybe it's dug up at end then like treasure chest its distributed to everyone in the group/area Like.it is now , simple solutions using systems already in the game 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

On paper a group finder is simple. I agree the game needs one but it's still early access. The other problem with a group finder in this game is how do you determine loot drops? What happens when somebody comes in with full mythic gear and somebody else comes in with prim gear the guy with mythic gear dies and then the guy with prim gear steals it? How would you advertise without leaving yourself vulnerable to griefers? So they need to design a bunch of protections to these problems while doing so with the technology they have available. These questions spin off more questions which lead to more problems which need more solutions.

There's also an allocation of resources in terms of programmers. So do they work on a LFG to replace finding people on the forums/discord OR do they make it so when I click a bed I don't get a green/white screen? Right now you can find people it's just not as easy as clicking a button in game.

~Lotus

7 minutes ago, uli said:

It up to the devs how they allocate their resources but a group finder is needed 

As for how do you stop your body being looted if you die, easy disable looting of other players bodies on pve, pvp you come back and smash the thieves after all pvp is played by players who want to pvp which includes all risks that game style entails .

Stopping griefers Is not really a problem.in pve They can't kill you or attack your ships so it's a non issue, pvp make sure you are prepped for the worst. See above 

Allocating loot Do we know there will be any in dungeon or caves or will it just be similar to the quests we have now go in kill x and collect a buff , or if there is loot  reach end get gold /reward chest maybe it's dug up at end then like treasure chest its distributed to everyone in the group/area Like.it is now , simple solutions using systems already in the game 

You could make it so people outside of tribe can't loot your body but what if you are a solo deep in the polar dungeon how will you get your stuff back if we group?

As far as griefers in PvE there's all kinds of posts about people blocking other players on the powerstone islands to kill them and take their keys. Maybe they just kill them cause they are trash trolls. Either way it happens.

For treasure chests the loot is predetermined then rolled in a kind of lottery system the BPs which turns into a do I want to split loot with this person. The thing I was thinking about was things like mythos or rare resources mined down there like ice for the icebox. How is that going to be divided? If people just bring bodies they can soak more loot or will it be based on 50/50 for each tribe if I bring 1 guy and you bring 10 I still get 50% of the loot. It's a lot of questions that don't have an easy answer. I feel it could be worked out but it will be trial and error. Or they could work on making it so I don't end up dead in the middle of C12 when I port to K3 from I4. -_-

~Lotus

• Like 2

On the old map, we were considered a small group towards the end and ran the kracken with Lotus numerous times. You just have to find people who are like minded and complete the adventure. There is no need to handout everything or the game will boring in a week

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lotus said:

if I bring 1 guy and you bring 10 I still get 50% of the loot

That is just ridiculous. Are you suggesting this or is that how it works now? According to your statement you should get about 7-8%

5 hours ago, ALLAN said:

On the old map, we were considered a small group towards the end and ran the kracken with Lotus numerous times. You just have to find people who are like minded and complete the adventure. There is no need to handout everything or the game will boring in a week

Noone is saying anything about being handed things , skimming over a thread and making a reply to nothing anyone has said doesnt make sense .

1 hour ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Here is a suggestion that does not involve a box of tissues-

again noone is asking for thing for free or crying ,for a game of this size to only be catering to larger groups with no way to group up except using forums is bad MMO game design more so in game of this size , wait until there is a lot more content that need larger groups then see how much harder it gets to organise groups using just the forums ,

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

Worst of this series of missions, is it is just repeated again to kill whatever is in the trenches..

That, and all the griefers and exploiters who hang around the caves luring mobs onto you, to kill you to steal your gem and then try to sell it to everyone else.

16 hours ago, Martyn said:

Worst of this series of missions, is it is just repeated again to kill whatever is in the trenches..

That, and all the griefers and exploiters who hang around the caves luring mobs onto you, to kill you to steal your gem and then try to sell it to everyone else.

What server are u playing? What GA grid are they?

All i saw on EU PVP EDIT: PVE was a russian company which offered kill and spare keys to everyone! Edit: coms in english.

Edited by Kummba
PVE

7 hours ago, UDO said:

Noone is saying anything about being handed things , skimming over a thread and making a reply to nothing anyone has said doesnt make sense .

again noone is asking for thing for free or crying ,for a game of this size to only be catering to larger groups with no way to group up except using forums is bad MMO game design more so in game of this size , wait until there is a lot more content that need larger groups then see how much harder it gets to organise groups using just the forums ,

I didn't just skim over the thread. I've read the whole thing and have been keeping up with it. Getting the sub for defeating the kracken is perfect reward. It takes a little time and effort and even solos and duos can find other groups on the forums / in-game etc to group up and do the kracken. You don't even need all 9 powerstones to get the sub which makes it even easier even tho powerstones can be done solo.

2 hours ago, ALLAN said:

I didn't just skim over the thread. I've read the whole thing and have been keeping up with it. Getting the sub for defeating the kracken is perfect reward. It takes a little time and effort and even solos and duos can find other groups on the forums / in-game etc to group up and do the kracken. You don't even need all 9 powerstones to get the sub which makes it even easier even tho powerstones can be done solo.

Beyond that, it is 100% possible to SOLO ship the Kraken.  I did it this weekend.  I sailed/fired cannons and had one awesome dude doing repairs.  Finished it with time to spare (even after stupid invisible obstruction bug for 3-4 minutes).  That was in a traditional brig with only 6 medium cannons in gunports.  The thing didn't even have armor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UDO said:

how much harder it gets to organise groups using just the forums

Speaking of skimming over...they are using discord and scheduling raids a week in advance. What you are looking for is out there you just refuse to use it.

6 hours ago, Kummba said:

What server are u playing? What GA grid are they?

All i saw on EU PVP was a russian company which offered kill and spare keys to everyone! Edit: coms in english.

Eu Pve. Where all the pvpers hang out.

15 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

That is just ridiculous. Are you suggesting this or is that how it works now? According to your statement you should get about 7-8%

What I am saying there's not way to fairly divide loot in an LFG environment in this game.

14 hours ago, UDO said:

I would like some examples of how the game caters to larger groups. Most of the changes make the game easy to the point it's too easy. Also for handed to them generally what people are talking about is you put little effort into getting it. I was watching a guy get his boat ready for kraken and he was in a small company he was working hard to get materials for his masterwork blueprints so he could do the kraken. I didn't want to explain to him that kraken has been nerfed so many times even after we were killing it in 10 minutes with 3 brigs and a galley using primitive items. Then they nerfed it like 5-6 times. The nerf to ballistas made it harder but the fight is still a joke.

I want you to read what the OP is saying. I read it as I want the reward but don't want to put in the work.

4 hours ago, Mithrian said:

Beyond that, it is 100% possible to SOLO ship the Kraken.  I did it this weekend.  I sailed/fired cannons and had one awesome dude doing repairs.  Finished it with time to spare (even after stupid invisible obstruction bug for 3-4 minutes).  That was in a traditional brig with only 6 medium cannons in gunports.  The thing didn't even have armor.

I've been saying that it's possible for a while. The problem is people want to have an easy mode put in for them instead of earning things. It's ruining the game for people that want an actual challenge. A lot of the people that were mythic raiders in WoW stopped playing this because the end game difficulty is a joke with about 5 people that know what is going on.

3 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Speaking of skimming over...they are using discord and scheduling raids a week in advance. What you are looking for is out there you just refuse to use it.

I think you said it best where it's possible to do but people don't want to use the systems in place.

~Lotus

• Like 2

On 5/10/2019 at 10:56 AM, Winter Thorne said:

People in small groups and solos don't expect to be able to run out and kill the kraken on any odd Tues. they choose to do it, but they should expect that there would be some big difficult task they can do and be rewarded for.

Not sure what server you're on, but anyone on NA PvE who has this problem let me know.  We're in a PvE alliance focused on killing Kraken on any odd Tuesday.

You don't have to do anything with anyone at all, ever - be as loner as you want, but if you could stand to you know, sail near other people for a few minutes, its pretty easy to get those things unlocked.

I do see what you're saying in terms of wanting to be pure solo and still access everything, but how can things be made at that level of difficulty/challenge, yet still also be a challenge for folks who do work together?  If it takes one guy to do something, then its usually stupid easy with 2 or 3 ... I can't imagine a scenario where the solo hero can achieve everything, and yet, the game still provides a challenge to groups.

26 minutes ago, Myk said:

Not sure what server you're on, but anyone on NA PvE who has this problem let me know.  We're in a PvE alliance focused on killing Kraken on any odd Tuesday.

You don't have to do anything with anyone at all, ever - be as loner as you want, but if you could stand to you know, sail near other people for a few minutes, its pretty easy to get those things unlocked.

I do see what you're saying in terms of wanting to be pure solo and still access everything, but how can things be made at that level of difficulty/challenge, yet still also be a challenge for folks who do work together?  If it takes one guy to do something, then its usually stupid easy with 2 or 3 ... I can't imagine a scenario where the solo hero can achieve everything, and yet, the game still provides a challenge to groups.

It's not a matter of wanting to be pure solo, like that's some sort of accomplishment, and I can stand to play in groups, but groups aren't very crazy about me.  I get to be online for really long periods of time..early morning to late afternoon, really...but I get frequent interruptions, like every hour or so.  If your alliance is killing the Kraken at 8AM EST on any odd Tues., that would be great, but it would likely take me at least 2 days to get there.  😁   Groups tend to get cranky when you keep going afk all the time.

In any case, I'm not one of the ones saying everyone needs to be able to access everything.  I'd say they shouldn't lock geography behind something, but other than that, I don't mind rewards for hard group accomplishments, unless that's all there is.   I want to see rewards in the game for something other than killing boss mobs in large groups, that's all.  There's a lot of things to do in this game besides that.  So I can see that people who like to kill boss mobs in groups wanting the Kraken encounter to be really hard to do.  (That would help the game, because you have people like Lotus chewing through content at a really rapid rate right now)  But imagine your focus is crafting.  What about that is difficult?  Where's the accomplishment in it?  Everybody can do it, the things you can make are really limited and there's no quest for it and no prize at the end of it.    The crafting skill trees are like a big ol' wad of filler in the game right now.

I think that's the reason people are complaining about the submarine, because it's the only kind of activity being rewarded, and everyone's afraid the devs are so happy with that kind of thing, that every update will be the same.  Kill something with 100 tentacles and get a prize.  How boring.

Complain about everything-

Happy with nothing-

If you ever get the sub you will complain it takes too many resources, its too slow or too fast. For the love of god its the wrong color. It has no rear view mirror, The window is too small, oh wait its too big.

Maybe after all that it will just be to BORING.

I gave Dr Phil your contact info and he should be getting a hold of you shortly...

14 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

...  I'd say they shouldn't lock geography behind something, but other than that, I don't mind rewards for hard group accomplishments, unless that's all there is.   I want to see rewards in the game for something other than killing boss mobs in large groups, that's all. 

So you want the stuff you want to do to be solo-able, but you don't care if the things you don't want to do are group content.

Well, OP, I think you've shown your true colors.  This conversation has been fun, but its time for you to look in the mirror and think a bit.

22 minutes ago, Myk said:

So you want the stuff you want to do to be solo-able, but you don't care if the things you don't want to do are group content.

Well, OP, I think you've shown your true colors.  This conversation has been fun, but its time for you to look in the mirror and think a bit.

What?  

Hey, if it makes you happy to interpret what I said sideways to keep being mad about something, have at it.   Here's what I said:

There are a lot of things to do in this game.  I don't care if they give out rewards for stuff I don't want to do as long as they also do it for stuff I want to do.

What a horrible thing to say!!!1!!....so objectionable...true colors...mirror...  hissy fits and fainting couches.  

If you think it's great game design to only reward killing boss mobs in large groups, then just say so.  You and the other few people who feel that way can look forward to the Oct. mega patch, where you'll get to kill a giant sea slug and be rewarded with a slime hat or something.  You'll all continue to tear through what passes for content and whine about having nothing else to do so the devs will give you some other giant creature to kill, rinse and repeat.

Many of the rest of us would like to see other skill trees and activities rewarded, like putting excessive time, points, and mat gathering into crafting or building and being rewarded with some new kind of vehicle or building components, or even something as simple as being able to attach items to notes (ATLAS Mail - Let's Go Postal TM), or being able to breed unique animals.

• Like 1

This isn't a new concept. On WoW if you wanted the violet spellwing...you had to defeat Argus on heroic difficulty.  If you want end game items...you do the end game.  As it's been stated, it's not difficult to find a group.  You don't even have to ally. Go hang out and when you see a group talking in global...ask if you can join. Be prepared to contribute...risk, reward, all that. 

guys as i said in a earlier post...i went there first time and did it....not even knowing what the situation was once there like...

i used a brig sure...but hell i reckon i could have used a raft and sat on the curtain...or slowly go around in a distant circle evasive move..

im taking 2 of my mtes there later tonight hopefully...so they can unlock the janky ass sub...looks nice though.

we need large subs.....ships with steam punk engines instead of sails....flying balloon boats in the sky like the imagination land dude from south park!..

GIB!

Edited by hurricane moon

Just head to h7 on the weekend and wait for a summon there are plenty of people doing this fight.