Savoir_Faire

Imprinting - All or nothing?

Can someone clarify for me? I was under the impression that you got some sort of a buff with imprinting, even if it wasn't a full 30% with a 100% imprint? We were able to imprint to 80% and I see no stat change when mounting. I realize it wouldn't be the full 30%, but dang, I thought you would still get some sort of buff. Anyone have info?

**Update** We weren't able to see any buffs in the the inventory, but when actually attacking and taking hits, there was a buff when used by the person who imprinted versus other people. Not sure if this is a bug, or just how it is. I'm going to leave this post, though, in case anyone else who had the same questions as me happens to find this. 80% seems to be around 24, 25% instead of 30%. *seems*

Imprinting only applies to the one who imprinted the tame. That the definition of imprinting. lol

I get that. That's not what the post was about. What I was saying was the buff is not something you see added to the stats in the inventory of the tame, when the person who imprinted is mounted on said tame. Not sure what you thought I was saying. 😝

I am aware that the buff only applies to the person who imprinted. But the buff is not visible in stats. We were only able to verify the buff existed when comparing use by the imprinter and another company member. 

there is 2 imprinting bonus, one for the "father/mother" (the one claim it), the animal will gain 25% damage and resistance when mounted by the parent, no matter % of imprinting, just need to be father/mother. (not something you can see, except one icon in the upper right corner while you ride it).

The other is from imprinting, each time you imprint he will get some %
He'll gain stats you can directly see on him

Edited by globytheoldpirate
  • Like 1

if the one who made the imprint lvls up this animal he will get higher values. for example a regular lvl up on melee is 0.7% and if imprinted it´s 1.1%

52 minutes ago, MesCaLiN said:

if the one who made the imprint lvls up this animal he will get higher values. for example a regular lvl up on melee is 0.7% and if imprinted it´s 1.1%

Nop, didn't even know if the none "parent/claimer" can imprint it ^^
It wasn't possible on Ark
But I always imprinted mine on Atlas, so dunno.

But anyway it won't give a higher value if "parent/claimer"

The buff shows up in the upper right corner while you ride, not in the stats themselves.  Press H to see details

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, globytheoldpirate said:

Nop, didn't even know if the none "parent/claimer" can imprint it ^^
It wasn't possible on Ark
But I always imprinted mine on Atlas, so dunno.

But anyway it won't give a higher value if "parent/claimer"

Every Clanmember can continue the imprint despite he wasn´t the one who first imprinted. Ofc the imprint will stay on the one who first imprinted it.

As solo player im happy when i get 80% imprinting.

3 minutes ago, MesCaLiN said:

Every Clanmember can continue the imprint despite he wasn´t the one who first imprinted. Ofc the imprint will stay on the one who first imprinted it.

As solo player im happy when i get 80% imprinting.

Good info for the imprint !
Just finished a razortooth, 100% imprint
Took us 4 days x)

10 minutes ago, Barrett said:

what biome did you breed the razortooth in?

Tried high/low desert, equatorial, est/west temperate, est/west tropical

IMO tropical is the best for Razortooth (too cold at night in desert).
But Razortooth is by far, the hardest animal to breed ^^ (didn't tried crab for now)

yrTtyKS.jpg

On 5/7/2019 at 12:29 AM, DilBert said:

Imprinting only applies to the one who imprinted the tame. That the definition of imprinting. lol

Which is pointless, in an MMOPVP game.  This imprint should extend to the entire Company.  The idea here is that people have areas of the game that they concentrate on.  Some people can breed, because they have the time to dedicate to this.  Most people do not. Most people can log on for about 2 to 4 hours per day...and most can't even do more than an hour or two.  This mechanic is literally one that helps drive people away from the game.  People will not play a game for long, that discriminates against them for having  life outside the game.

• Like 1