Sign in to follow this  
Goombay

The Case Against PVP K-Cam

I've played since launch, and the K camera still seems like an extremely detrimental aspect of PVP.

Let's consider for a moment your island is under attack. While building defenses, you probably want to hide turrets and assets around terrain. You probably want to set traps and have the element of surprise against your attackers in certain areas. None of that is possible with K-cam. They can see everything. Worried about going around that corner? K cam. Wondering how tall/wide/thick a pill box or cannon tower is? K cam. Climbing a tower to kill mortars but worried there might be puckles covering one side? K cam.

The idea that you can get a 10,000 foot view of the battlefield around you makes no sense. Don't get me wrong, I think third-person over the shoulder view is essential. But the K cam is completely unrealistic and more suited for a developer tool than something everyone can use. Perhaps it has a place on PVE servers, and perhaps it has a place on private/RP servers. But it has no place on official PVP servers if you want any kind of balance. I constantly use it to my advantage, and it feels wrong. It makes the game seem so unrealistic. It removes any potential for dynamic defense setups.

If you disagree, please lay out your case. I hope we can have a solid discussion about this.

Edited by Goombay