Sign in to follow this  
Badkebab

Reduce hp for large shipyards maybe?

When people are constructing massive sea barriers from large shipyards because they are cheap and have 300k hp might be time to consider lowering their hp? 

Yeah, but at the same time, they aren't that hard to kill, they take damage like wood storage boxes or thatch foundations. 

The health is a bit confusing, but I can say from experience that two players can chop one down in about 45 min with metal tools.  Cannons can destroy them in about 150 regular balls or 100 larges, effort to craft the cannon balls vs the shipyard is pretty close really. 

Would be a nice change to make their health "wood" that way they'd have about 30k health and be just as strong

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmilingBandit77 said:

When you can destroy a shipyard in less than 2 minutes with a war brig... they do not need to be any weaker.

No but there can be a system in which objects can not be placed while under attack such as shipyards, lighthouses, walls close to an enemy. I see why the poster is making this a point, resources to destroy a ship yard, then others rush out place another ship yard etc..

Players find all kind of ways to exploit the system, and it doesn't always involve a mega company doing it either.

Makes sense to find a good balanced system.

seems balanced currently. they are a deterrent, nothing more. if you cant figure out a way to destroy them, there is always PVE. 

4 hours ago, BurgsideTiger said:

seems balanced currently. they are a deterrent, nothing more. if you cant figure out a way to destroy them, there is always PVE. 

This has nothing to do with what "I can figure out" or learn 2 play. I was in no way affected by the sea barrier in the screenshot it was taken by a teammate sailing past this. 

A large shipyard loses 10,000 hp from an explosive barrel and yes a large shipyard can be destroyed by firing a large number of cannon balls at it. 

The point is, if people are using them in the manner pictured in the screenshot then their benefit is well out of proportion to their cost to build. 

If you like post your island location and I can demonstrate the problem for you daily. So that you will easily grasp the problem that these structures present due to their overblown hit points in relation to their cost

The benefit is they cover lots of ground.  Their health has little to do with it.  They are easily destroyed. 

If I wanted to build a better barrier that could make it much much more difficult to break through I can, but the effort and resources are far greater.  Sound balanced to me. 

On 5/9/2019 at 3:22 AM, Badkebab said:

This has nothing to do with what "I can figure out" or learn 2 play. I was in no way affected by the sea barrier in the screenshot it was taken by a teammate sailing past this. 

A large shipyard loses 10,000 hp from an explosive barrel and yes a large shipyard can be destroyed by firing a large number of cannon balls at it. 

The point is, if people are using them in the manner pictured in the screenshot then their benefit is well out of proportion to their cost to build. 

If you like post your island location and I can demonstrate the problem for you daily. So that you will easily grasp the problem that these structures present due to their overblown hit points in relation to their cost

aww . . . struck a nerve did i 🙂

like everyone else. you want to find my island location, sail around. 

I had seen ppl mounting towers over shipyards with no pillars, is hilarious when the shipyard is destroyed everything made is destroyed immediately. You need one pillar every 3 ceilings and a lot of people will suffer when their 300 k tatch building is destroyed. It's balanced.

Edited by Emanuel a

They count as thatch with big hp pool. Just give them a volley with galleon.

I actually think they needed more defenses. I was dissapointed the first time I blew one up. Was so easy it was anti climatic. 

They should just make large walls and gates stronger. Then people will stop using ship yards to do the job a wall is designed to do. 

Wall in this game is nothing. A standard wall gets wiped by 54 balls from standard cannon.

Even worse when zerg with mythical large attacks your wall: 25k hp gets attacked by 10k mythical large ship cannon per only one cannon.

Far too easy to raid in this game.

• Like 1