Sign in to follow this  
Konvar

Taxes in ATLAS (PVE)

3 minutes ago, 8ball said:

Just last night, 3 of our crew spent hours building a ramp system to the top and over a massive ruins complex

Makes a difference when that happens, but alas, Atlas maps in mountains are bugged as hell.  It's a lottery 😞

19 minutes ago, 8ball said:

Just last night, 3 of our crew spent hours building a ramp system to the top and over a massive ruins complex, I5, Virders Haven, EU PVE. Just for one group who came to get a Master Work treasure map.

This group were very patient and even gave us the map so we could build the ramps to it. They offered to pay us, we declined, knowing we would get the 20%, which they knew as well. They ended up giving us more plus a few mythical bps. 

Working together and hopefully making new friends, what an MMO is all about, yes?

As far as getting there first, well, it wasn't easy organising and getting everyone online in time to get the island. Our group was scattered since the wipe.  The result was a reward for our efforts.

A "purge", would be an awesome addition to PVE.

I understand your Argument, and Yes Working Together is all about.

Only if i would get 120% if i farm on a Claimed Island, and the Owner would get say 1 % of it, only then i would accept a Tax.

Edited by Jorm

If I didn't get a 20% reduction in gold (i can't call it tax) on claimed islands, I'd actually prioritize mapping there instead..   As the gent did, many owned islanders are actually trying to help out mappers, I came across three islands out of 5, some even had a notice when you approach (when you get the island splash screen) that the ramp to xyz hill top treasure is located on the 'east' side...   I thought to myself, what awesome owners.  Shame you get robbed of so much gold, else it would be a fantastic experience.   

Btw Cudos for EU PvE companies holding grid rows A + B, implementing these ramps for treasure hunters. 

Shame about the bugged armies of the damned, and the 20% gold reduction, but that's not on the players, that's one for Grapeshot to ponder over the morning starbucks  😉