Sign in to follow this  
Konvar

Taxes in ATLAS (PVE)

Patch 100.31

Max Tax rate on PvE set to 20%, and is only additive on PvE (doesn't reduce the taxee's resources)

I thought so...

I have 20%. I took treasure on my island 500 gold.

I got 400 in my pocket. 100 increased in the flag.

How so?

Well, that makes map sorting easier.  From now on any map lower than 2.5 quality gets chucked. (I picked up a 0.5 quality map today....I mean, really?!) And I'll keep the 2.5 - 4.5 quality maps only if they're on immediately neighboring islands.   High end Fine or Journeyman quality maps may also get chucked, depending on whether I need to divide the booty amongst a whole squadron of comrades in arms in order to get it.  It may not be worth the time and trouble for a group of people to farm treasure maps together.  Used to be fun and build camaraderie, but I've seen less and less of that with the changes to the gold dynamics.

8 minutes ago, Raine said:

Well, that makes map sorting easier.  From now on any map lower than 2.5 quality gets chucked. (I picked up a 0.5 quality map today....I mean, really?!) And I'll keep the 2.5 - 4.5 quality maps only if they're on immediately neighboring islands.   High end Fine or Journeyman quality maps may also get chucked, depending on whether I need to divide the booty amongst a whole squadron of comrades in arms in order to get it.  It may not be worth the time and trouble for a group of people to farm treasure maps together.  Used to be fun and build camaraderie, but I've seen less and less of that with the changes to the gold dynamics.

You can do a 26 map solo with an elephant, to let you know.

Also, all SAME sector maps are about 50 to 200 gold, adjacent sector whites are 200-400 gold. Greens tend to be 400-800 gold, blues 800-1500 gold, purples 1500-3000 gold.

I do not remember getting a yellow map, these are from memory but abouts.

I tend to go for only blues and purples since they drop mythics relatively commonly. Save like 8 and do them all in one day off if I want to, takes you all over the place.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 11:58 PM, Konvar said:

Patch 100.31

Max Tax rate on PvE set to 20%, and is only additive on PvE (doesn't reduce the taxee's resources)

I thought so...

I have 20%. I took treasure on my island 500 gold.

I got 400 in my pocket. 100 increased in the flag.

How so?

Yeah that won’t fly for long. Don’t worry it will change. Claims and taxes will not be long lived. Either that or the game. The devs can choose

Come across many islands now all set to 20%, nothing on them but a flag in most cases, sometimes a bank.  Otherwise empty of players, they're just being used to tax treasure maps.  And nearly always by boxes 123 players.  So you don't even know who they are. Every so often, I see a 10% or an island with people doing stuff, seems fairly rare tho.  Get the right islands and you don't need to farm gold, the island makes enough just taxing people.

Well even with the additive, Never ever going on a Claimed Island. Fuck Claims, Live Lawless!

I will never reward anyone for being there before me.

No Taxes for the win!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

giphy.gif

I know. But its so much fun to piss off land Owners, just like you 🙂

Just now, Jorm said:

I know. But its so much fun to piss off land Owners, just like you 🙂

I'm not a land owner, i'm a very happy tenant. I'm not pissed off though, but if you want to believe I am then who am i to spoil your fun.

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, Jorm said:

Well even with the additive, Never ever going on a Claimed Island. Fuck Claims, Live Lawless!

I will never reward anyone for being there before me.

No Taxes for the win!

As a landlord I can say: no one cares on you. And no one will cry when you settle on lawless.

Enjoy the game your way and have fun.

• Like 1

Ahh. Just what we need! Another thread jumped on by the entitled claim haters who believe the game will die if it doesn’t accommodate them! 

Like Jorm :- if you never set foot on a claim, that’s your loss. If you want to cut 60% of the games content off from yourself in protest of a mechanic that affects you in no way whatsoever, then crack on!, the rest of us will laugh as it makes zero difference to anyone else in the game. So good luck with that! 😂

3 hours ago, TerrorTrooper said:

Ahh. Just what we need! Another thread jumped on by the entitled claim haters who believe the game will die if it doesn’t accommodate them! 

Like Jorm :- if you never set foot on a claim, that’s your loss. If you want to cut 60% of the games content off from yourself in protest of a mechanic that affects you in no way whatsoever, then crack on!, the rest of us will laugh as it makes zero difference to anyone else in the game. So good luck with that! 😂

again though why should island owners in pve get free gold just for being the first to get to the islands , annoying to go through the hassle of treasure map to end with 20% taken for nothing , same reason the resources was changed , there is no benefit to anyone but the island owner ,with this claim system in pve, all taxes need to go away in pve

pvp great system PVE not so much ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UDO said:

again though why should island owners in pve get free gold just for being the first to get to the islands , annoying to go through the hassle of treasure map to end with 20% taken for nothing , same reason the resources was changed , there is no benefit to anyone but the island owner ,with this claim system in pve, all taxes need to go away in pve

pvp great system PVE not so much ....

Although in principle, I understand your point, I do feel it’s blowing a non issue out of proportion.

For example, it’s not about “being first” to an island, if you claimed the first island you came accross, you likely made a mistake, we were an amalgamation of 4 small companies and we hunted the atlas for over a week for somewhere suitable. But that aside.

Why should island owners get 20% of your gold? Because they own the island and pay to keep it. Not much else I can really say on that, this is however, offset in part that if your company owns an island, I’m betting your company is getting 20% of someone else’s gold too.

Gold income in general. There’s only 2 real means of expenditure in PVE for gold. That’s island upkeep and ships crew. Let’s look at it from a small company perspective. Island upkeep isn’t cheap, but it’s not crippling either, the vast majority of people I’ve spoken to in game or seen people comment on in the forums have gotten to the point where they have a couple of months upkeep now and have more gold than they need! Also, as I said earlier, if you’re paying upkeep, it’s fair to say your receiving tax too. Swings and roundabouts really.

next, crew! Crew was never crippling before, 6 points into accommodation and you could easily support a fully crewed brig on your own with only occasional treasure hunting, now, they’ve doubled the pay times so crews are even cheaper! Unless you’re a 2 man company wanting to have a fully crewed galleon each, you’re not going to struggle. And if you are a two man company expecting to be able to maintain 2 galleons on chump change with zero effort, let’s be honest, you’re taking the piss a bit.

My point is, if you are seriously having issues getting gold, then you’re doing something very wrong in the game. If you’re not maintaining a claim then you should be swimming in gold!

It really is a non-issue. The few people in game I’ve seen complain about that are generally solo players of duo’s who want atlas to work like a single player game and have the world revolve around them. Seriously, if you’re a company of 3 or more, you should be barely noticing the gold tax, so again. What is the problem?

Been treasure hunting this 2x weekend.  The amount of gold lost to tax was in the region of 22,000.  After this stint, as i feel like i'm caught by my short and curlies, I'll avoid treasure hunting on taxed islands.  Every island was set at 20%, and to know that's the max, makes me pretty resentful, that I should sail half way across the atlas map for a 20% deficit on the majority of my maps.

If it DID NOT rip me off 20% of my effort, but magically added 20% to the coffers of the island owners, i'd be endorsing that.  I'd happily do my part to contribute, but after these last two maps I'm over it.  Which is a shame, because islands that are owned are much nicer to map on, cleaner, and really well maintained.

20% bites too much for me to be enjoyable.

6 hours ago, TerrorTrooper said:

What Content? Explain it to me, please!

39 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Been treasure hunting this 2x weekend.  The amount of gold lost to tax was in the region of 22,000.  After this stint, as i feel like i'm caught by my short and curlies, I'll avoid treasure hunting on taxed islands.  Every island was set at 20%, and to know that's the max, makes me pretty resentful, that I should sail half way across the atlas map for a 20% deficit on the majority of my maps.

If it DID NOT rip me off 20% of my effort, but magically added 20% to the coffers of the island owners, i'd be endorsing that.  I'd happily do my part to contribute, but after these last two maps I'm over it.  Which is a shame, because islands that are owned are much nicer to map on, cleaner, and really well maintained.

20% bites too much for me to be enjoyable.

this 20% is a lot of gold to lose , like the standard resources it should be appearing in the coffers of the island owner on pve 

I say again taxes are there to be able to benefit the players collecting the tax and contributing by paying tax , on pvp u pay tax u get the protection of the island owner 

in pve the ONLY ones benefiting are the island owners so why should pve players pay tax ,? an answer to this from an island owner as to what benefits do the taxpayers get for giving you gold for nothing ,dont reply with it cost x amount to upkeep blah blah , a genuine answer only , WHAT BENEFITS DO THE PVE GOLD TAX PAYERS GET ?

1 hour ago, TerrorTrooper said:

Why should island owners get 20% of your gold? Because they own the island and pay to keep it. Not much else I can really say on that, this is however, offset in part that if your company owns an island, I’m betting your company is getting 20% of someone else’s gold too.

not really a good reply to what benefits are there to pve gold tax payers, in pvp they get protection , pve they get nothing except 20% taken 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TerrorTrooper said:

a non-issue. The few people in game I’ve seen complain about that are generally solo players of duo’s who want atlas to work like a single player game and have the world revolve around them. Seriously, if you’re a company of 3 or more, you should be barely noticing the gold tax, so again. What is the problem?

no one is complaing because they are solo they want to know what they gain from paying 20% gold tax nothing zero , just because the island owner got to the island ahead of others means they get gold for free as they have upkeep  to pay is not a valid reason as to why it should COME OUT of pve players efforts 

5 minutes ago, UDO said:

this 20% is a lot of gold to lose , like the standard resources it should be appearing in the coffers of the island owner on pve 

Yeah, can't agree more, I'd actually think it's a great system if 20% [tax amount] is added to the coffers, than taxing me effectively 20% of my time for nothing in return.  Does leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

Taxes help prevent things like walling an entire island off so people can't come on it. They also encourage people to let people build on islands rather than kick them off. That 20% is why some tribes don't instantly blow up your stuff when you try to build.

As for the gold it is stupid but some of the crap islands have ramps prebuilt to help you get to bad maps (which I would pay 50% to not have to do what I call Union work). At the same time if you want to starve people of gold to try and make it easier to get new islands you wall off the islands and prevent people from getting gold so their upkeep lapses.

I believe they should have a bi-weekly assault on your flag in PvE where army of the damned spawn with levels equal to the point value of the island and attack your flag. Nothing super hard but it gives more of a defend the land feeling.

~Lotus

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Taxes help prevent things like walling an entire island off so people can't come on it. They also encourage people to let people build on islands rather than kick them off. That 20% is why some tribes don't instantly blow up your stuff when you try to build.

As for the gold it is stupid but some of the crap islands have ramps prebuilt to help you get to bad maps (which I would pay 50% to not have to do what I call Union work). At the same time if you want to starve people of gold to try and make it easier to get new islands you wall off the islands and prevent people from getting gold so their upkeep lapses.

I believe they should have a bi-weekly assault on your flag in PvE where army of the damned spawn with levels equal to the point value of the island and attack your flag. Nothing super hard but it gives more of a defend the land feeling.

~Lotus

I'm thinking similar to conan exiles purge 

6 minutes ago, uli said:

I'm thinking similar to conan exiles purge 

I totally didn't steal that idea from Conan Exiles to remove people with crap getting to large for how many people they have 😄

~Lotus

• Like 2

Just tell me 1 thing... I can stack 100 large sails, but fertilizer... you get 1.

Well 2 things... I can carry a literal mountain of metal, but a heat wave...and I’m dead.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

Just tell me 1 thing... I can stack 100 large sails, but fertilizer... you get 1.

Well 2 things... I can carry a literal mountain of metal, but a heat wave...and I’m dead.

Is that the same thing as getting a broken leg for eating too many olives?   haha

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

Just last night, 3 of our crew spent hours building a ramp system to the top and over a massive ruins complex, I5, Virders Haven, EU PVE. Just for one group who came to get a Master Work treasure map.

This group were very patient and even gave us the map so we could build the ramps to it. They offered to pay us, we declined, knowing we would get the 20%, which they knew as well. They ended up giving us more plus a few mythical bps. 

Working together and hopefully making new friends, what an MMO is all about, yes?

As far as getting there first, well, it wasn't easy organising and getting everyone online in time to get the island. Our group was scattered since the wipe.  The result was a reward for our efforts.

A "purge", would be an awesome addition to PVE.

• Like 1