Sign in to follow this  
JC67

knowledge of the old ones

Do the skill "knowledge of the old ones" work with tames or only when i dish out the damage myself ?

not worth taking as bears = greater than all others 

only works for your damage 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UDO said:

not worth taking as bears = greater than all others 

only works for your damage 

When you do a 24+ map and like 40 level 100+ guys pop out you're gonna need more then a bear.

You're gonna need a cannon on a bear, and this skill will help.

Granted it's still not worth the freaking points since the cannon does so much damage.

Probably worth tacking golden age creatures onto this skill's damage buff, then it'd be worth it to do 2x damage to cyclopses and shit.

Simple solution. Bring more bears and have others port in for the map clear. We just did a 28.8 with 3 bears. One got to half health on initial pull, the other two no damage. Knowledge of the old ones like mentioned above is useless just like the fog of war reveal skill, or the shovel skill. People still think they get more gold if they take that. They don't. But they get a crapton of potatoes or earthworms on open ground.

4 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Simple solution. Bring more bears and have others port in for the map clear. We just did a 28.8 with 3 bears. One got to half health on initial pull, the other two no damage. Knowledge of the old ones like mentioned above is useless just like the fog of war reveal skill, or the shovel skill. People still think they get more gold if they take that. They don't. But they get a crapton of potatoes or earthworms on open ground.

Yea we also do 20+ maps with 3 bears, ez af with 3 bears and natures cry. But its not viable option if the treasure location is on a cliff. 

Any ideas to do cliff maps? (Very high quality ones)

Build ramps to the top and walk the bears up slowly.  Big enough group can do this in minutes. 

Yeh if they added golden age groupies into the skill it might be worthwhile.  The harder maps I've not seen yet, lv 89 baddies is worst and they were easy with 5 bears.. 😉

10 hours ago, Martyn said:

Yeh if they added golden age groupies into the skill it might be worthwhile.  The harder maps I've not seen yet, lv 89 baddies is worst and they were easy with 5 bears.. 😉

I did a 90 and a 100-110 (can't remember, low 100s)

The 90 I won, barely out damaged the warriors before they went down, bear did not go down below 50% with both skills. The 100 would have killed my bear when they were around half. You might do it with no loss, but you run the risk of a loss at that point. Something you don't have with a bear mounted cannon.

Yeh we've had a few where someone got caught with a group on a ledge and nearly died he had to use his rejuv. Most of us have at least adv heal for the tames, but I rarely use it.  I never use the feats much, since I forget they're even there during fights.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:53 PM, DocHolliday said:

Build ramps to the top and walk the bears up slowly.  Big enough group can do this in minutes. 

You can do this on some islands, on most the foundation spam is so insane you can't build anywhere.  The idea is obviously intent on us using climbing picks and full armour etc and fighting the undead without bears.. but who does maps without bears.. seriously.  noone.

Edited by Martyn