Sign in to follow this  
The Falcon

assigning NPC's to ship cannons

Built a brig.  put 6 regular cannons on the deck with the gun ports.  Put two large cannons on the main deck on elevated platforms.  No issues assigning the NPC's to the large cannons.  Found a "fine large cannon" blueprint.  Replaced the two large cannons on the main deck.  No matter what I do, I cannot get the NPC's to man these cannons.  They go to other cannons on the opposite side of the ship and below deck.  Tried half a dozen times with them standing right next to the fine large cannons but they will not man them.  This has to be a bug.

1 hour ago, The Falcon said:

Built a brig.  put 6 regular cannons on the deck with the gun ports.  Put two large cannons on the main deck on elevated platforms.  No issues assigning the NPC's to the large cannons.  Found a "fine large cannon" blueprint.  Replaced the two large cannons on the main deck.  No matter what I do, I cannot get the NPC's to man these cannons.  They go to other cannons on the opposite side of the ship and below deck.  Tried half a dozen times with them standing right next to the fine large cannons but they will not man them.  This has to be a bug.

Working as intended, lots was broken 1.5, new mega update will break it again.

Best to wait until they add in the other stuff before fixing anything more.

Is there enough space behind the cannon where the crew member can stand on? If not the assigned crew member will mount the next possible position.

finally got one to seat but had to fill up all the other cannons first.  Valid point with the space behind the cannon.  Will check that.

Edited by The Falcon