Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Time for console

I know I am jumping the gun a little bit since it will still he months out(hopefully December so I will he laid if once fire season is done).  Either way it has been announced and now there are changes that need to be made.

first off, @Jatheish you already know tames draw people in man. Works every time. It’s time to step on the gas with this. I will admit adding 2 tames is good but there should at least be 4 per update. With advertising sex sells, with your game tames sell as we have seen. You can bank on a lot of money with tames. There is no reason to worry about the eve players at all. When it comes down to it you made a big success with ark. If it is not broke don’t fix it.

sure there was a ton of bugs with ark but you managed to sell 12 million copies regardless. We know that jeremy and Jesse are about money and I have a feeling they know they directions this game needs to go. Like bringing in tek this early? Yeah they know they need to fast forward the ark timeline. I don’t blame them to be honest. Even the permanent 2x which was over a year before ark did it was actually a good idea.

with the upcoming console release you will be faced with players that are all about mass building. We are talking 100’s of boats and in the 1000’s in tames. Our tribe breeder is going to be insane once this launches for Xbox. 

Fast travel also needs to be addressed. Plenty of PC players are already wanting more ships types. The most important boat that needs to be made is a speed boat. Like I said in another post it doesn’t need any kind of offense of defense for that matter but it needs to be very fast.

you already know I am someone who not only grinds but actually lives the grind but I will be needing you to increase the efficiency of the grind. Doesn’t matter how many tames or fast travel that happens, you will still need to correct the efficiency of the grind. This means less wasted time doing things like sailing. I am going to build a base the size of whatever island I am on, so literally every second counts.

you have a possibility to make a lot of money on this console release so make sure you do it right. No need to worry about anyone that has already bought the game. This is the time for potential buyers and increasing revenue to further support your game.

Have they said whether console release will mean crossplay?

Will PC players get to play with Xbox players?

1 hour ago, Dulu said:

Have they said whether console release will mean crossplay?

Will PC players get to play with Xbox players?

Nope. Actually scratch that. I can’t that say for sure because they did make ark cross play between Xbox and Microsoft store.

but I can say for sure that steam will not be crossplay, that is for sure

Yeah.. lets make sure they split the attention. Because the PC version is so polished already. 

Like a child befor Xmas. A whishlist like no other. Why they don't have to change the game, so u got some selffarming tames? Especially for u. Or what's about teleportation? Best way to don't waste time?  

Never played the game and want to change it... 

22 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Like a child befor Xmas. A whishlist like no other. Why they don't have to change the game, so u got some selffarming tames? Especially for u. Or what's about teleportation? Best way to don't waste time?  

Never played the game and want to change it... 

Pretty much. I mean you first paragraph was all over the place so I didn’t really get what you were saying but yeah there needs to be curtains things added to make  grinding more efficient. 

This game could be a lot better than it is and I am going to try to make sure it gets that way. 

my god i bet this will run like ass on console......wont even hold a steady 30fps...unless they dumb it down with the graphical element ect.

those xbones and ps4s ect were outadated the minute they launched imo.

keep gaming real ...keep it pc..

sheeple just say no!...you dont have to be one of the zombie drones who throw money at greedy bastards.

pc...land of the free....

unless you really have to play a game online

11 minutes ago, hurricane moon said:

my god i bet this will run like ass on console......wont even hold a steady 30fps...unless they dumb it down with the graphical element ect.

those xbones and ps4s ect were outadated the minute they launched imo.

keep gaming real ...keep it pc..

sheeple just say no!...you dont have to be one of the zombie drones who throw money at greedy bastards.

pc...land of the free....

unless you really have to play a game online

Oh I know it will run like crap, I am used to that. I have never been one to co plain about that. I am more content driven than performance driven. Don’t worry once the people start complaining about the performance I will be here to use my favorite tag line “welcome to ark”

well my buddies play on console so that is probably the main reason. Another reason would be that I feel more mobile on console, not stuck at a desk.

sure pc graphics are better but atlas and ark are still cartoony anyways. Don’t need to see the piece of 🌽 on the poop I just took 

Hope the Xbox is crossplay with PC so I can play with more friends. 

3 minutes ago, Barab said:

Hope the Xbox is crossplay with PC so I can play with more friends. 

Won’t happen with steam. I can guarantee that. No way 

there is a chance that the Microsoft store and Xbox will be crossplay though.

46 minutes ago, Realist said:

Oh I know it will run like crap, I am used to that. I have never been one to co plain about that. I am more content driven than performance driven. Don’t worry once the people start complaining about the performance I will be here to use my favorite tag line “welcome to ark”

well my buddies play on console so that is probably the main reason. Another reason would be that I feel more mobile on console, not stuck at a desk.

sure pc graphics are better but atlas and ark are still cartoony anyways. Don’t need to see the piece of 🌽 on the poop I just took 

a desk?....bud thats so 90s.....ha ha

my pc is in my man cave next to my big tv....i use a ps4 pad and wireless mouse and keyboard and sit in a armchair...

i dont play like some dirty old man in a basement i assure you...all the bells and whistles and comfort you can shake a stick at

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Pretty much. I mean you first paragraph was all over the place so I didn’t really get what you were saying but yeah there needs to be curtains things added to make  grinding more efficient. 

This game could be a lot better than it is and I am going to try to make sure it gets that way. 

Really? So why not a sandbox or creative mode? 

For people like you they made it possible to rent your own server. There u can adjust almost everything as you wish.

The game, tames and gathering is in a good balance I think. Sure they will adjust some settings, maybe. Until then I'm fine with the mechanics.

Sailing is a lot of fun. You have to check out the direction and behaviour of the wind. Look, where u want to travel and if it's all good, so you can start your journey. With a Max speed of 14...16 knots you're not too slow. Even if you travel with 9...10 knots it works. There's no need for a speed ship. Just farm and craft good sails. Once you get a speedboat on this way and you will feel so fu..ing proud. 

It's the journey to success that keeps you playing. When you get all for free or nearly, you will play a month or two and look around for a new game.

26 minutes ago, hurricane moon said:

a desk?....bud thats so 90s.....ha ha

my pc is in my man cave next to my big tv....i use a ps4 pad and wireless mouse and keyboard and sit in a armchair...

i dont play like some dirty old man in a basement i assure you...all the bells and whistles and comfort you can shake a stick at

That doesn’t sound too bad then. I think a lot of people are still at the desk though.

1 minute ago, Forb Hidden said:

Really? So why not a sandbox or creative mode? 

For people like you they made it possible to rent your own server. There u can adjust almost everything as you wish.

The game, tames and gathering is in a good balance I think. Sure they will adjust some settings, maybe. Until then I'm fine with the mechanics.

Sailing is a lot of fun. You have to check out the direction and behaviour of the wind. Look, where u want to travel and if it's all good, so you can start your journey. With a Max speed of 14...16 knots you're not too slow. Even if you travel with 9...10 knots it works. There's no need for a speed ship. Just farm and craft good sails. Once you get a speedboat on this way and you will feel so fu..ing proud. 

It's the journey to success that keeps you playing. When you get all for free or nearly, you will play a month or two and look around for a new game.

Not really, I played ark for like 2 plus years, I don’t get bored that easily. I do however get bored of there is too much upkeep. I have enough chores to do in my real life I am not going to waste my time with that in a game.

i want to get places very fast and build very fast. Which I will do that either way but I want to make sure it is more efficient.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Not really, I played ark for like 2 plus years, I don’t get bored that easily. I do however get bored of there is too much upkeep. I have enough chores to do in my real life I am not going to waste my time with that in a game.

i want to get places very fast and build very fast. Which I will do that either way but I want to make sure it is more efficient.

You are nearly the only one. There are other threads, where the people ask for stopping 2x weekends and decrase the amount of loot you can farm with tames. 

Actually it's really easy to get resources, if you get tames. Without 2x event I farmed and build up a brig in less than three hours... alone... With painting... Only three hours... Way too easy for the 2nd biggest ship in game.

11 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

You are nearly the only one. There are other threads, where the people ask for stopping 2x weekends and decrase the amount of loot you can farm with tames. 

Actually it's really easy to get resources, if you get tames. Without 2x event I farmed and build up a brig in less than three hours... alone... With painting... Only three hours... Way too easy for the 2nd biggest ship in game.

Wtf? I don’t want 2x weekend either. You must be very confused by the the words grinding and upkeep. They are very different btw. 

I am someone who is married as well as kids so the entire 2 years I played ark, I never played on the weekend(when 2x happens) at the same time I never co planned about it either because my buddies could enjoy it.

it is easy to get resources with or without tames. To be honest if you “have” to have tames I would consider you lazy. I like tames because I like tames. I would consider this game utterly worthless without tames,  because it would be.

mind you, I don’t even care if they gather resources or not lol. They just need to be here if nothing else but for the defense.

i guarantee that anyone on here I would consider to be lazy, mainly because of what they like or dislike. If you don’t like tames? Ok is your base at least 100x100? If not you are lazy. I don’t care if people are adamant about not having tames. If you don’t have a literal Mt. Everest of a base then you are lazy in my eyes. Quick note: yes with only two people if it isn’t that big you are lazy, tames or not.

i want efficiency. Scratch that, I demand efficiency. I am not going to bother myself with with BS upkeep. I also need fast travel. Fast travel will happen by the way.

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Never played the game, but makes a list of what needs to be changed.

2 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

Never played the game, but makes a list of what needs to be changed.

Pretty much. I have already seen gameplay and much more. Pretty easy to tell what needs to be added or changed