WidowMaker

Admins/Dev Foundation Spamming

Wait, this is on pve?

On pvp, spamming is an important defensive featur - we do not want easy FOBs and large cannon towers on our islands. On pve its pure griefing...

I have a base on this island D7, but I was lucky to live at the opposite end of the island.
The fact that in the screenshot only a small part of all the horror that is happening on the island.
At the moment, 5+ companies are participating in this horror, all stuck with foundations.
Companies are blocking the passage of the walls of each other ...
It's just fucking hell. :skull:
Requires either GM or new mechanics.

New to the game, on PVE. Have a small company with no hope of owning anything because everything under 50 is already owned. Relying on building without owning. Found an awesome island with a natural fortress and jute plantation, buildable, but a high amount of points (over 100) so likely no one will ever own it or even try, cool place to build. Some jerks named 'moist cloacas' put foundations strategically placed all over the entire fortress so no one can ever build there, and they don't have a settlement on the island or anything, just didn't want anyone else to be able to enjoy it. Still 8 days on the clock before demolish. They'll probably return and replace. Ruins islands. Hope something changes.

On 5/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, WidowMaker said:

This is a Great game but the foundation spamming needs to be addressed, one clan that has an island with a claim is also going around spamming other islands. This behavior will hurt the game if not stopped. The NWO has added 100's of foundations in the D7 area I am located in they were in some kind of grievance with another group on our island and now looks like they want to make it so you can not build or expand.

nwo.jpg

Yes WIDOWMAKER you complain for  foundation spamming and you came for my island to b9 and place everywhere foundation and pilar I tell you for Island message plz destroy the foundation and pilar are you coming every day and place foundation Without any reason.this has to be changed because there are many like WIDOWMAKER who have nothing else to do and want to make life difficult for others

Edited by fonias

Not sure why they don't just have someone log in once in a while and check up on things, people do this cause there's ZERO presence of authority in-game, tbh it would solve a lot of grief issues, not sure why game companies don't do this anymore, having a CM jump in wouldn't be out of the ordinary. 

Once players know that a CM will log-in, the spam will reduced or they risk the chance of getting a ban or a punishment, not saying it's perfect or they should check every island, but if word gets out of people being banned for the spam, others will give up on the spam and maybe start removing them. 

Add this to high decay timers on structures that have less than a certain amount of pieces. 

What happened to the structure upkeep that was meant come in as well?

• Like 1

It probably wouldn’t take too much for a (theoretical) GM to do. Check maybe a dozen different islands every day, and if they find somebody spamming, just destroy all of that company’s buildings in the zone. I recall a command in ARK that would do exactly that.

I don’t think it would be too long before the spammers give up on blanketing areas with foundations when it costs them everything else. The (theoretical) GMs, would just have to keep doing it,  not stopping when it slows down.

Are there actually GMs?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Salty Del said:

Are there actually GMs?

No, only live producer 🙂

You guys are looking at this all wrong.... this isn’t spam you are seeing.... it is the defacto flag system....

until the go back to the old mechanic and limit the number of flags players get, THIS is the workaround.... 

yes a very few people spammed more than they need but that was also true of the old claim system.... fact is that is why they changed it..... because a few people placed thousand flags....

I found a place on lawless and placed stone pillars (less ugly than foundations) in an area equal to the area is 2 of the old claim flags....

i don’t feel this is an unreasonable workaround until the sort their claim system out because the current one does not work or we would not be having this discussion.....

Edited by Salty Jack

Why do people criticize solo players for not understanding the point of an MMO,when companies large and small sail round the map selfishly spamming everywhere with no regard of any other player,or they build the massive walls across entry points and make excuses about it being reasonable to do so?Spamming is not reasonable its selfish as hell and sailing to an island for ages just to find it spammed is a real game killer for people.

I agree the foundation spamming is annoying, maybe they could add something like the upkeep box used for NPC (not saying it has to actually cost resource) but the idea would be if things aren't built within a radius of this object then they would decay faster. They could also limit how many of these object a person could have, of course, grief might not care simple place new one just to grief. I wish they put the flag system back in, change it to a square shape and limit the number of flag per person. To be honest I had to do some spamming on one of the islands I have my main base on because even with a ton of open space including open beaches on both sides of me some people had to build right between my building and on top of me. My spamming just limit to a small area where my base is.  Thankfully they stop coming this week so I got to demolish their structure and my new neighbors have been pleasant and friendly. 

Edited by TheSeer

16 minutes ago, TheSeer said:

I agree the foundation spamming is annoying, maybe they could add something like the upkeep box used for NPC (not saying it has to actually cost resource) but the idea would be if things aren't built within a radius of this object then they would decay faster. They could also limit how many of these object a person could have, of course, grief might not care simple place new one just to grief. I wish they put the flag system back in, change it to a square shape and limit the number of flag per person. To be honest I had to do some spamming on one of the islands I have my main base on because even with a ton of open space including open beaches on both sides of me some people had to build right between my building and on top of me. My spamming just limit to a small area where my base is.  Thankfully they stop coming this week so I got to demolish their structure and my new neighbors have been pleasant and friendly. 

That was the original plan that was supposed to be implemented in the "March" update: everything having an enhanced decay rate unless you owned the area with a box you would need to build and put materials in to repair everything in a given radius. It was supposed to stop/reduce pillar/foundation spam, but they never did it. Instead they changed the claim system.

Guys you are doing it all wrong. 
We own a couple of islands and several forposts in lawless and claimable zones and i must say - move away from lawless asap. I myself talked to lawless settlers (they were in the middle of that kind of fight ) and found out they had never tryed! Also they didn't know the fact that taxes does not work the old way. And they preferred to fight with each over then try to find a friendly place to settle. But i've travelled A LOT in claimable zones and saw A LOT of wellcome territorial messages... 
Guys this is not a game problem it is people problem. Communicate!

Edited by Elena
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Elena said:

Guys you are doing it all wrong. 
We own a couple of islands and several forposts in lawless and claimable zones and i must say - move away from lawless asap. I myself talked to lawless settlers (they were in the middle of that kind of fight ) and found out they had never tryed! Also they didn't know the fact that taxes does not work the old way. And they preferred to fight with each over then try to find a friendly place to settle. But i've travelled A LOT in claimable zones and saw A LOT of wellcome territorial messages... 
Guys this is not a game problem it is people problem. Communicate!

Yes people do not want to settle on island which is claimed by someone else is a bigger problem. And most of them don't know about new tax system. And those who know say that they don't want to give someone free resources. And there are many companies who are letting people live and are really friendly.

• Thanks 1

Fonias, Yes we did the spamming on an island owned by NWO they blocked me from building on my area with spam so as I stated in a post in the begin of this thread, the only recourse we had was to spam them back to keep anyone from building on their island. This is sad and not what we wanted to do but I guess this must be the way the Admins want it handled. I reached out to the Admins for help then after no answer we said for every foundation or pillar we found blocking us we would add 100 to the Island they were on. And yes the Island is covered and it should not be this way but the admins or dev would not help out so what do you do. They should decay in 10 days and the ones on my island will remain from NWO. BTW I have found NWO has another Island and we have not placed any on it as of this date, but if they add one more to my area we will add to each and every Island they are on. NWO, act nice and we will, we all enjoy the game and hate it no one can build on it as designed. 

Same here, I did post it in forum and submitted a ticket, I got a reply form GM today, he said that they need more investigation and due to the privacy of players, the ticket is now closed 

On 6/3/2019 at 2:08 PM, Salty Jack said:

You guys are looking at this all wrong.... this isn’t spam you are seeing.... it is the defacto flag system....

until the go back to the old mechanic and limit the number of flags players get, THIS is the workaround.... 

yes a very few people spammed more than they need but that was also true of the old claim system.... fact is that is why they changed it..... because a few people placed thousand flags....

I found a place on lawless and placed stone pillars (less ugly than foundations) in an area equal to the area is 2 of the old claim flags....

i don’t feel this is an unreasonable workaround until the sort their claim system out because the current one does not work or we would not be having this discussion.....

You sir are part of the problem. No, this is not the defacto flag system, you schmucks are exploiting. How about you build a base and live within that space instead of mucking up all the land around you. Leave some space for other people and have some respect. You are the problem with this game and your company is what this WHOLE thread is about. 

FYI, Salty Jack looks to be part of Arklantis company and they are currently spamming  E8 Monkberry Haven... Everyone who sees Arklantis, block and spam the crap out of them like they are doing to everyone else.

MC-RANGER.... Guess what..... that ticket WILLIAM was talking about involved me.....  Dev came and talked to me last night..... placing gates/pillars inside WILLIAM’s base is definitely a no no..... I had already removed them from WILLIAM’s base before his visit....

We talked about that..... we also talked about my foundation spam ( that I am turning into slightly more attractive pillars).... he in fact used the term excessive.... after I explained to him that we occupy an area equal to about 3 flags each in the old system I “think” (not wanting to say I know for sure what anyone is thinking) he was more understanding to my cause....

Anyway..... By the end of the conversation I was told not to block access to the beaches, treasure maps, etc..... He also told me that what I have claimed (with foundations ) is acceptable but that it being lawless, I should learn to play nice with others....

what hypocrites like WILLIAM (who uses closed gates to signify his area, blocking people from treasure maps) does not understand is that the area I pillar IS my base....  I just don’t block treasure hunters from completing maps on my base like some of you....   

1 hour ago, Salty Jack said:

MC-RANGER.... Guess what..... that ticket WILLIAM was talking about involved me.....  Dev came and talked to me last night..... placing gates/pillars inside WILLIAM’s base is definitely a no no..... I had already removed them from WILLIAM’s base before his visit....

We talked about that..... we also talked about my foundation spam ( that I am turning into slightly more attractive pillars).... he in fact used the term excessive.... after I explained to him that we occupy an area equal to about 3 flags each in the old system I “think” (not wanting to say I know for sure what anyone is thinking) he was more understanding to my cause....

Anyway..... By the end of the conversation I was told not to block access to the beaches, treasure maps, etc..... He also told me that what I have claimed (with foundations ) is acceptable but that it being lawless, I should learn to play nice with others....

what hypocrites like WILLIAM (who uses closed gates to signify his area, blocking people from treasure maps) does not understand is that the area I pillar IS my base....  I just don’t block treasure hunters from completing maps on my base like some of you....   

So, you foundation spammed him. Regardless if you removed them or not, that makes you a douchebag. I sincerely doubt the dev said foundation spamming 3 flags worth of area is acceptable since that in itself is against the TOS. Here is an idea, stop foundation spamming altogether and just build a base. Want it so no one can build around you? Build a bigger base. No matter what you say foundation spamming is a douchebag move and if you had any sense of decency, you would admit you were being a douche with spamming, remove them, and play within the TOS. Countless other players are capable of playing and building without making all the islands look like an Oklahoma trailer park with garbage everywhere, you should be able to as well. You will get no sympathy here for foundation spamming.

• Like 2

Learn to read potty mouth.... I just told you.... where you see the start of building elements with my name on them THAT IS MY BASE..... get over it.... you say I should build a bigger base.... Why ?.... My base is big enough already....

Jack, You have crap sprawled all over the place on that island.. there is no "base" just things everywhere. I also highly doubt the GM said it was okay to excessively spam foundations/pillars everywhere. You keep going back to before the wipe, this is a new game essentially.. this is after the wipe and new rules come into place. Forget what you had before the wipe and have the mindset that has been set forth of the new way flags work. Seems most of us have come to this understanding.  No one is looking down upon you for wanting a large base, it is just how you are going about it.

The fact you are so stand offish says you know you are in the wrong. No need to be hostile, as most are willing to work with one another so everyone is happy. We ALL want our own land and to build/tame/and sail happily. I just wish that some in the community would be more willing to work with one another, not everything has to be a fight.

• Like 3