Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

Stones and Kraken

Hello,

So I planned the kraken for yesterday and today. Doing 1.0 on Friday and 2.0 on Saturday. The problem with the kraken is that you now have 2 sets of stones so summoning the 1.0 is not possible for the group if everybody has the second set of stones. This made it so we accidentally summoned 2.0 on Friday and were able to work out a system that we hoped would summon 1.0 on Saturday which we did but it was still quite a headache. Word that we were going to do Kraken also spread like wildfire and so a lot of people showed up on Friday with a griefer of some kind that kept summoning the kraken early so we could not get everybody in at once and it really screwed things up.

I have a few suggestions that would help clear this up.

First suggestion is that a cooldown be placed on summoning 1.0 and 2.0 per company of around 12 hours. This would make it so a guy in a sloop can not just sit in the middle of the kraken and grief 100 players (Which is what happened). Also make it say who summoned the kraken.

Second suggestion would be that in order to summon the Kraken you should have to open your map with M then hold right click to hold up your compass channel for a few seconds which would lead to the Kraken coming out. This would prevent accidental summons.

Third suggestion would be that you can highlight the quest either voyage of power (1.0) or Journey of the Gods (2.0) to summon the different difficulties.

The final thing I would recommend is that you put some kind of warning like 30 second until the kraken spawns.

~Lotus

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

We joined both fights aswell, it was the most frustrasting, depressing and sorry excuse of a raiding experience I have ever witnessed, I challenge the devs to try it themselves on officials including doing the powerstones. Totally agree with everything mentioned here, but don't expect much, it's been so many months and we still run naked to FoY and powerstones, zergable content with no real challenge and no fixes coming anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

Hello,

So I planned the kraken for yesterday and today. Doing 1.0 on Friday and 2.0 on Saturday. The problem with the kraken is that you now have 2 sets of stones so summoning the 1.0 is not possible for the group if everybody has the second set of stones. This made it so we accidentally summoned 2.0 on Friday and were able to work out a system that we hoped would summon 1.0 on Saturday which we did but it was still quite a headache. Word that we were going to do Kraken also spread like wildfire and so a lot of people showed up on Friday with a griefer of some kind that kept summoning the kraken early so we could not get everybody in at once and it really screwed things up.

I have a few suggestions that would help clear this up.

First suggestion is that a cooldown be placed on summoning 1.0 and 2.0 per company of around 12 hours. This would make it so a guy in a sloop can not just sit in the middle of the kraken and grief 100 players (Which is what happened). Also make it say who summoned the kraken.

Second suggestion would be that in order to summon the Kraken you should have to open your map with M then hold right click to hold up your compass channel for a few seconds which would lead to the Kraken coming out. This would prevent accidental summons.

Third suggestion would be that you can highlight the quest either voyage of power (1.0) or Journey of the Gods (2.0) to summon the different difficulties.

The final thing I would recommend is that you put some kind of warning like 30 second until the kraken spawns.

~Lotus

maybe something similar to how ffxi online used to do where you would register a time slot token for the world boss and only that group could then summon that boss, we could sail to the area of the map at our allocated time and use our token to summon 1.0 or 2.0 during that time period others can join but they can not summon the boss over and over to greif people and you can not summon the wrong boss by accident 

Edited by Galadorfh

I agree with this as well. We were doing the fight with them and was soo unprepared for v2 Kraken. There needs to be a way to select one or the other. Also on the note of the other group griefing us all. The cool down would be an great idea. +1

would be nice as well if you are stuck outside to be able to see inside a little better the fog wall is to dense