Andargor

Ballista doing only 6 damage to Fire Elementals?

Is this a bug? I thought that ballistas were good against them.

Also, why can they hit you underwater with their fireballs?

I think the damage is intentional. We were hitting cyclopses for like 10 damage with the balista.

a 165% bow does decent damage to it, i haven't tried any guns yet, if i remember right, it was around 70 damage to it with my bow, the problem now comes that they can go underwater, and they are quite fast, basically you don't kill them.

3 hours ago, Andargor said:

How do you kill Fire Elementals then?

I hear catapults hit them for full damage.

Now the question is how do you hit things with catapults - we tried hitting the cyclops and hit ourselves behind it without hitting it.

As far as I understand - bow-hit to fire elemental, cancel their fireball cast, and it meant to be this way - few guys from group hitting him with bows, another ones - with other ranged weapon.

So... well, not sure if you go there alone or within few ppl, with hope to kill something big without using holes in game design...

Elementals used to be countered by kegs in the cannon cart. They made it so that you can't put kegs in cannons anymore for a PvP balance and this removed the only weakness I knew to elementals...

~Lotus

• Like 2

For that matter, I'm not sure how to deal with cyclops now either. Used to just hit them in the eye with a ballista, now my bow does better damage to them than the ballista.

6 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Ballista to the eye, should kill them, or at a minimum, it should blind them  If not, that is a problem.

It stuns them, but whereas it used to be a one-hit-kill, it now takes between 15-20 ballista shots to the eye to kill them.

11 hours ago, Kidori said:

It stuns them, but whereas it used to be a one-hit-kill, it now takes between 15-20 ballista shots to the eye to kill them.

That's absurd.

9 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

That's absurd.

It is, and the fact that i've been able to find no patch notes on the changes to these mobs. We pulled the hydra on C6 last week, and it took around 800 ballista bolts to take it down, even the gorgon usually takes 2-4 shots from a ballista bolt now, that is  if you can get close enough without aggroing 3-5 elemental from halfway across the island.

42 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

It is, and the fact that i've been able to find no patch notes on the changes to these mobs. We pulled the hydra on C6 last week, and it took around 800 ballista bolts to take it down, even the gorgon usually takes 2-4 shots from a ballista bolt now, that is  if you can get close enough without aggroing 3-5 elemental from halfway across the island.

Use large cannons for hydra, heads take 400 dmg per cannon ball.

Edited by Willard

Seriously , no one complain about Cyclop being able to take out with 1 shot from balista which you need a ship for it , now they make it even harder to kill it .

Also , fk fire elemental , take little damage from everything and can cast homing fire ball , night unkillable and those island that have them tend to overspawn them which is bs

2 hours ago, Willard said:

Use large cannons for hydra, heads take 400 dmg per cannon ball.

Oh awesome thx I'll try it

41 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

Oh awesome thx I'll try it

Just lure hydra into water and slowly drive and shoot from back cannons.

Just now, Willard said:

Just lure hydra into water and slowly drive and shoot from back cannons.

Is it sad that in both Ark and now Atlas, "lure to water and butcher" is still the #1 way to take on hard creatures.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, gadefence said:

Is it sad that in both Ark and now Atlas, "lure to water and butcher" is still the #1 way to take on hard creatures.

Ye kill itself is easy. Luring her from the city to the beach throught elementals, thats the true fight.

Yesterday we kill C6 hydra with legendary and blue ballistas (2x2). About 100 spears, may be 10-20 missed. Legendary does 600 damage (192%), blue ones about 400 (139%). Cyclops gives 1120 damage to eye now, not one shot that was prewipe.

Cyclops ballistics works roughly 49-59 damage per one, having 4 off the back of the boat does good, after about the 8th round of ballistic you get 1 eye shot. Its the same every time.

This is standard weapons. I tested this awhile ago, so things might have changed yet again.

Anyone taken on the yetis yet? They seem pretty tough even using carbines. 

Gorgons are two headshots.. Fire not tried tho yet. But we did watch 5 guys with bows killing them.

Hydra a mix of cannon, ballistra and using carbines worked, although it was in water, so easy killing really.

Not met a cyclops, mermaids are nice.  And yeti's pawned me.

Edited by Martyn

Yeti can use a pair of bear to fight , they are not that hard unlike golem with have higher damage and shiet ton of HP .

You need to stun the fire elemental, so they took extra bonus damage.
My swivels do normally 16 to 32 dmg to fire element, when stun it pass to 800+ dmg.

But I don't know how to stun him x) Completly random on my part, works some times, don't looks that headshot are better.
Anyway, don't follow gamepedia information, they are mainly false/absurds

Use canister shot on them you stun the and can do over 800 dmg.