Sign in to follow this  

If you try to use a melee weapon vs a player who is moving, your man basicallly stops in place to make a slow attack, locked on where they were to your client, while your enemy's server side character easily moves away from the spot you got stuck into attacking. 

I appreciate the effort it took to create target lock functionality, but it makes melee combat worse

• Like 1

Still a bad feature, and very hard to disable. Last time you had to unclick, reclick and add some other weird option to get it to avoid target lock.. OH ya when i use ALT key for discord for push to talk, i had to move it to [ key

just give more codes to the hack makers.

On 5/5/2019 at 6:08 AM, Sneakydude said:

Still a bad feature, and very hard to disable. Last time you had to unclick, reclick and add some other weird option to get it to avoid target lock.. OH ya when i use ALT key for discord for push to talk, i had to move it to [ key

just give more codes to the hack makers.

You can disable it in options. How is this hard?

• Like 1

As others have said turn it off in options. I turned mine off ages ago, it doesn't happen to me anymore. Your complaining about something that already has an answer. 

On 5/6/2019 at 12:22 AM, Badkebab said:

Last time I disabled it in options it still locked

Don't know what is going on for you, I turned mine off and it never happens to me anymore. Because it was annoying.

5 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

As others have said turn it off in options. I turned mine off ages ago, it doesn't happen to me anymore. Your complaining about something that already has an answer. 

On 5/6/2019 at 2:22 AM, Badkebab said:

Last time I disabled it in options it still locked

Don't know what is going on for you, I turned mine off and it never happens to me anymore. Because it was annoying.

Fake news. You're either not paying attention or not using melee (I wouldn't either, it's warm trash)

Disable it in the options and go try to hit a moving player with a mace and see how much fun you have. It's how dashing is built in and melee combat in general. Next try attacking something with a scythe and notice the difference of what we're actually talking about

45 minutes ago, Leapdave said:

Fake news. You're either not paying attention or not using melee (I wouldn't either, it's warm trash)

Disable it in the options and go try to hit a moving player with a mace and see how much fun you have. It's how dashing is built in and melee combat in general. Next try attacking something with a scythe and notice the difference of what we're actually talking about

No he is correct, unless you actually mess around with the L-ALT key you would not know this. It is turned off in 1 option, but enabled right back on if you hit the L-Alt key. It returned after they wiped the servers. SO why i said its hard to figure out, back then was we thought it was broken, until i actually started to mess around with the key binds.

L-alt moved to [ and and auto targeting off. If you need to turn it back on just use the [ key. I had to turn it off 4-5 times to enable it to work once.

Don't listen to Willard hes just a troll and on ignore. The options never worked right from the start, a simple off and on was turned on by L-alt key at the start, they remapped some keys and options have changed. I just repeated the same options, and it worked last time i checked. Never bothered to read that deep into it.

Sorry Edit, i use the L=Alt key for push to talk on discord etc.. imagine every time auto target goes off when you talk to others? every pig, every boar, etc.. auto targeting, then auto following. OH boy that was annoying i had to find a fast fix. Got tired of bitching about it haha.

Edited by Sneakydude
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Leapdave said:

Not fake news, I turned it off and have no issues. When just doing different runs I use the pike and a pistol. I melee all the time. No longer does auto target hit up animals or people. It is not me doing it wrong... it is you. Figure it out.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:06 AM, SIEGEGUN said:

Not fake news, I turned it off and have no issues. When just doing different runs I use the pike and a pistol. I melee all the time. No longer does auto target hit up animals or people. It is not me doing it wrong... it is you. Figure it out

Please instruct me on what settings to change that will allow me to dash in a square pattern around an enemy while facing a constant direction and I will be forever grateful

... instead of floating around them in a circle like a damn sorcerer

If left ALT key re-enables this that explains a lot for me.  I alt tab out to type in Discord or look at something in a browser all the time.  I was wondering why I had to keep disabling this really annoying feature.