advengerkos

Wind and Sailing

10 hours ago, advengerkos said:

Another fun night of sailing....

image.png

Yes, its a pointless timesink that drives a lot of players away. It forces you to commit quite a lot of time in one session to get anything done. 

The absence of the wind just annoying after months in Atlas. The drive home from the Center Maw lasts for hours, so I have no more desire in the evening and leave the ship somewhere to anchor.

Today I wanted to drive fast still the last stage, because the gold was scarce. What a surprise? The wind comes from the front and is almost to a minimum. Since I still have a few obligations in life, so unfortunately I had to cancel and during the day I will probably have a mutiny on the ship.

It would be good if the devs finally realized that slow travel is not entertaining content but annoying waste of time.

• Like 1

Truth is bad wind always discourages me from getting rare material, farming at golden ruins etc. Its just not fun to sail 25 minutes across 1 sector even while zigzagging. Together with disfunction of better speed sails its a bit annoying. 

Maybe they should add a minimum sail speed what you reach even while going against the wind. Ofc its not realistic but its a game right? Not everything in real life is what you enjoy.

Also,I could be wrong but the sotd dont seem to need the wind direction to be in their favour,its no joke when u get mobbed in an unarmed sloop and you can barely move.If it's bad for us it should be the same for the sotd too.